West Orange-Stark vs. Giddings Game Thread/GIDDINGS WINS 14-6!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1065578" timestamp="1316915620"]
Still early guys, give the man a break. District is what matters, WOS played a tough non-district schedule.
[/quote]

I agree...very tough pre-district schedule.  I just don't think he should have pointed the finger at the kids in a radio interview.  Maybe others will disagree and I will come around on the topic.  My initial reaction is that I am dissapointed....yes in the loss but more so in the post game comments.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1065583" timestamp="1316916243"]
Dont have a dog in this fight But Players( Kids) win games and coaches lose them.. Any coach with any class would never call his team out that this one did. The OC or the Super. need to set this guy down and tell him that>>>
[/quote]

I disagree, kids sometimes need to hear negativity. It is called motivation, The strong survive the weak do not.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1065578" timestamp="1316915620"]
Still early guys, give the man a break. District is what matters, WOS played a tough non-district schedule.
[/quote]

Still early???  What you talking about Willis???  August 1st was a long time ago, WOS is NOT playing their style of football......Run Forrest Run..... 8)

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1065605" timestamp="1316917633"]
[quote author=WO-S 89 link=topic=88803.msg1065589#msg1065589 date=1316916774]
I believe I heard him say he takes full responsibility for the loss.
[/quote]

I heard him say that too....but he didnt stop there.
[/quote]

people say things they regret in the heat of the moment. 

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1065592" timestamp="1316917058"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=88803.msg1065578#msg1065578 date=1316915620]
[/quote]

Still early???  What you talking about Willis???  August 1st was a long time ago, WOS is NOT playing their style of football......Run Forrest Run..... 8)
[/quote]

Tradition speak's for itself. Just ask Newton. ;D ;D

[quote name="WO-S 89" post="1065610" timestamp="1316917989"]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=88803.msg1065605#msg1065605 date=1316917633]
[quote author=WO-S 89 link=topic=88803.msg1065589#msg1065589 date=1316916774]
I believe I heard him say he takes full responsibility for the loss.
[/quote]

I heard him say that too....but he didnt stop there.
[/quote]

people say things they regret in the heat of the moment.
[/quote]

So what if he said it. Like I said before kids need to hear it sometimes. Can you say, "Wake Up" call.

Ya'll need to calm down about wos being in trouble and going no where! Yes we lost the game and yes we are weirdly 1-3! But we were definitely the better team tonight and dominated from start to finish!!! The one thing that lost this game was redzone offense! Your not gonna lose many games that you double your oponents stats in every category!!! The oc needs to stay up all night tonight and figure his stuff out for the red zone! Your not always gonna score from 50 yards out! I am highly upset with our record and us losing period, but im not hitting the panic button and im not saying these mustangs arent going anywhere. Because with a defense like this you will always have a chance to win. You don't have to be undefeated to make a long run in the playoffs!!!!

[quote name="the-riot07" post="1065675" timestamp="1316922918"]
Ya'll need to calm down about wos being in trouble and going no where! Yes we lost the game and yes we are weirdly 1-3! But we were definitely the better team tonight and dominated from start to finish!!! The one thing that lost this game was redzone offense! Your not gonna lose many games that you double your oponents stats in every category!!! The oc needs to stay up all night tonight and figure his stuff out for the red zone! Your not always gonna score from 50 yards out! I am highly upset with our record and us losing period, but im not hitting the panic button and im not saying these mustangs arent going anywhere. Because with a defense like this you will always have a chance to win. You don't have to be undefeated to make a long run in the playoffs!!!!
[/quote]

Several years ago Atlanta a 3A team started the season 0-4 and won state that year. The Mustangs will be fine.

After seeing the Mustangs tonight, I have definite views at to what is ailing the WO-S offense, but I'll just suffice it to say that my views are closer to Coach Thompson's than those on here who criticize him.  While I would hope that at some point the offense would be less conservative, there are many things that I saw tonight that support Coach Thompson and Coach Hodges' current thinking with regard to the handing of the offense.  With that, I will speak no further on the issue.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1065560" timestamp="1316914537"]
WOW!!!! What a post game interview from a very ticked off Coach Thompson! I would hate to be those Mustang football players come Monday.

Quote from Coach T, "I watched Silsbee last night and the way we are playing right now, they will kill us!!!"

Coach speak!!!

Thompson pissed!!! Look for WOS to [b]destroy [/b]Kirbyville next week.
[/quote]

That should really help his image...lol...I don't think Kirbyville will be "DESTROYED" by WO-S or any other school... ..Wev'e took beatings before... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder