Lumberton vs Vidor. . . Predictions

Raider42

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier in the thread someone said that the difference in the game was gonna be Vidor's speed... I don't think Vidor's team speed is equal to that of LCM, Silsbee or Jasper... All of them have overall fast teams.  Losing Bollinger even changes that more.  Come on Raiders.. Get that W

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1067315" timestamp="1317097911"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=88799.msg1066843#msg1066843 date=1317068278]
Lumberton by 7......

IF they can control the ball.......and I think they will this game!
[/quote]

Gutsy call, but I think I agree.
[/quote]

Sometime you got to go with your gut(so we will see smashmouth)......They played a STRONG game agianst LCM.......and the thing I was most impressed with was they never gave up......Like us or hate us......but you have to respect that quality.....

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Vidor has the best defense in 20-4A. I bet Lumberton doesn't even make double digits. That's if they even score. They had a good game against an okay defense at LCM but IMO one of the biggest reasons they had a great game is because LCM didn't see it coming. They walked in there cocky and overlooking Lumberton and almost lost the game because of it. Lumberton is good but they have not seen a defense like Vidor's.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1067634" timestamp="1317146842"]
Vidor has the best defense in 20-4A. I bet Lumberton doesn't even make double digits. That's if they even score. They had a good game against an okay defense at LCM but IMO one of the biggest reasons they had a great game is because LCM didn't see it coming. They walked in there cocky and overlooking Lumberton and almost lost the game because of it. Lumberton is good but they have not seen a defense like Vidor's.
[/quote]LOL....I don't even know what to say to that.  Guess we will have to wait til Friday...c'mon man!!!

[/quote]

Seems like you said the same thing about Nederland.  :)

[quote name="bigdog" post="1067773" timestamp="1317155327"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=88799.msg1067634#msg1067634 date=1317146842]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lumberton scored 35 against Silsbee...an unbeaten team.

[/quote]Im picking Vidor to win but, holding Ltrain scoreless... Not!!!! Im guessing you were at the game and saw LCMs cockiness, and how they overlooked Ltown?

It's hard to stay positive with an 0-4 start, HOWEVER if you have watched this team play you should realize that this is a group of fighters that will never quit and will give you all they have to the final buzzer. This team may not be the biggest, fastest, or strongest but they play with a lot of heart and that's all you can ask. With the teams that they have played to date there's nothing else on the schedule that they haven't seen already. So come-on with your come-ons Pirates tell us how bad your going to beat us. 8) 

Okay, my turn to weigh in. This game will most probably be a one touchdown win for whoever comes out on top. Lumberton has a really good team, if we can get rid of a few mistakes, i.e. 2 five yard penalties starting inside the opponents 10 yard line. That or hit all of our PAT's, 2 missed lost by 2 hmmmmmm. Vidor is always tough against Lumberton and are very capable of pulling it out, it seems like those boys go in at half time and send a new team out in the second half sometimes. I have to go with my Raiders, but nothing will surprise me.......................THIS IS GONNA BE A GOODUN'!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1067780" timestamp="1317155494"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=88799.msg1067773#msg1067773 date=1317155327]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=88799.msg1067634#msg1067634 date=1317146842]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
And who won that game????  ::)  8)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1068119" timestamp="1317186633"]
Going with the Raiders here. Vidor gave us fits with their secondary but their run defense was nothing to write home about. Just my gut but I doubt Bollinger plays. If he does, I highly doubt he'll be 100%.

Lumberton - 21
Vidor - 17
[/quote]

Tell em GoDogs27 , L-train will dominate this game . Vidor has not seen a win-T offense before so they will not be prepared . You're playing a real team now Vidor not TAPPS - 3-A  :D .  :-*
The Raiders will take this by  a pretty convincing margin . Our caoches are better than Mathews &  Company  ::)

L-train  49
Vidor      17

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1068116" timestamp="1317184318"]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=88799.msg1067780#msg1067780 date=1317155494]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=88799.msg1067773#msg1067773 date=1317155327]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
And who won that game????  ::)  8)
[/quote]

Of course, Silsbee won that game.  I was just making the case that Lumberton can put points on the board against a 5-0 team who has played the likes of Newton and Jasper.  Anytime you score 35 points against a decent team, you have to consider that they have a good chance to score against Vidor (contrary to the post I was responding to).

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1068132" timestamp="1317194290"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=88799.msg1068119#msg1068119 date=1317186633]
Going with the Raiders here. Vidor gave us fits with their secondary but their run defense was nothing to write home about. Just my gut but I doubt Bollinger plays. If he does, I highly doubt he'll be 100%.

Lumberton - 21
Vidor - 17
[/quote]

Tell em GoDogs27 , L-train will dominate this game . Vidor has not seen a win-T offense before so they will not be prepared . You're playing a real team now Vidor not TAPPS - 3-A  :D .  :-*
The Raiders will take this by  a pretty convincing margin . Our caoches are better than Mathews &  Company  ::)

L-train  49
Vidor      17
[/quote]i am assuming you meant wing-t offense....you are so right on there...NOBODY in our district runs it. you seem to be very astute in your local high school football. :o

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1068132" timestamp="1317194290"]

Lumberton - 21
Vidor - 17
[/quote]

L-train  49
Vidor      17
[/quote]

Lets compare non district schedules please. Week 0 you played a 3A team in Jasper and scored 21 on them while they scored 35 on you. Week 0 we played a 4A team in Texas High and scored 30 on them while they scored 27 on  us. Week 1 yall played a 4A Barbers Hill and scored 6 on them and they scored 24 on yall. Week 1 we played a 3A Bridge City team and scored 21 on them and they scored 6 on us. Week 2 yall played a 3A Silsbee team and scored 35 on them and they scored 49 on yall. Week 2 we played a 3A Kirbyville team and scored 35 on them and they scored 7 on us. Each and every week we score more on our team than you did yours. Yes you faced a undefeated Silsbee team and scored 35 on them but we faced a 3-1 Bridge City team who's only loss was to us and scored 21 on them and shut down there offense. We also beat the 4A team we played. Yall didn't. Yall didn't even get 7 points on em. Comparing non district schedules is ridiculous man. Oh and if your coaches are better than why are yall 0-4 and we 3-1? See yall faced pretty much the same caliber of teams we did. The only difference is we won our games and yall didn't.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1068269" timestamp="1317224509"]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=88799.msg1068132#msg1068132 date=1317194290]

Lumberton - 21
Vidor - 17
[/quote]

L-train  49
Vidor      17
[/quote]

Lets compare non district schedules please. Week 0 you played a 3A team in Jasper and scored 21 on them while they scored 35 on you. Week 0 we played a 4A team in Texas High and scored 30 on them while they scored 27 on  us. Week 1 yall played a 4A Barbers Hill and scored 6 on them and they scored 24 on yall. Week 1 we played a 3A Bridge City team and scored 21 on them and they scored 6 on us. Week 2 yall played a 3A Silsbee team and scored 35 on them and they scored 49 on yall. Week 2 we played a 3A Kirbyville team and scored 35 on them and they scored 7 on us. Each and every week we score more on our team than you did yours. Yes you faced a undefeated Silsbee team and scored 35 on them but we faced a 3-1 Bridge City team who's only loss was to us and scored 21 on them and shut down there offense. We also beat the 4A team we played. Yall didn't. Yall didn't even get 7 points on em. Comparing non district schedules is ridiculous man. Oh and if your coaches are better than why are yall 0-4 and we 3-1? See yall faced pretty much the same caliber of teams we did. The only difference is we won our games and yall didn't.
[/quote]

Look Mytwocents, Raidernaytion is apparently mentally challenged.  I am quite sure that your response was meant to be a shot back at a stupid comment made by a well-meaning fan.  I also think you are correct in assuming that Vidor will probably win (especially at home).  BUT, don't think those Raiders can't give the Pirates a run for their money.

Both teams suffered close losses last week.  I do not know about Lumberton's loss, but Vidor's loss was heartbreaking.  It was one of the more painful losses that I have been a part of as a fan. 

Vidor was far from perfect, but they played a good game against a very good Bulldog Team.  The team suffered multiple critical injuries during the game, and despite all of that, the Pirates had the courage to fight back and regain the lead late in the 4th. 

The 2 plays that Ned made on the last drive were sensational despite solid defense by the Pirates. 

My point is that either team could come out flat after the emotional letdown.  If so, then the game could slip away as both teams will likely be effective and grinding out the clock and making the game one of limited possessions. 

But based on the games that have been played up to this point, you have to give the edge to the Pirates.  I believe that the Pirates will be ready and win this game by 10.  But anything can happen in this district on any given night.  There are no freebies.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1068311" timestamp="1317228533"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=88799.msg1068269#msg1068269 date=1317224509]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=88799.msg1068132#msg1068132 date=1317194290]

Lumberton - 21
Vidor - 17
[/quote]

L-train  49
Vidor      17
[/quote]

[/quote]

Look Mytwocents, Raidernaytion is apparently mentally challenged.  I am quite sure that your response was meant to be a shot back at a stupid comment made by a well-meaning fan.  I also think you are correct in assuming that Vidor will probably win (especially at home).  BUT, don't think those Raiders can't give the Pirates a run for their money.
[/quote]
I never said they wouldn't. I look for them to give us a good game. Lumberton always plays us good and sometimes they win even when, IMO, we have the better team. I mean putting up 500 yards on a good LCM team is nothing to joke about. But IMO the Pirates are one of the best teams in the district defensively right now and we will show it friday night.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1068334" timestamp="1317231193"]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=88799.msg1068311#msg1068311 date=1317228533]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=88799.msg1068269#msg1068269 date=1317224509]

Lumberton - 21
Vidor - 17
[/quote]

L-train  49
Vidor      17
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I never said they wouldn't. I look for them to give us a good game. Lumberton always plays us good and sometimes they win even when, IMO, we have the better team. I mean putting up 500 yards on a good LCM team is nothing to joke about. But IMO the Pirates are one of the best teams in the district defensively right now and we will show it friday night.
[/quote]

Fair enough...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder