Vidor vs. Nederland Game Thread/Post updates here!-NED Wins!!

WOSgrad

That's big time from Raines after having a rough night. That shows a lot of mental toughness. Good effort, Vidor, but this is where the tradition of winning in a football program makes the difference. The Dogs shot themselves in the foot a lot, but their will to win carried them tonight.

If the Vidor kids continue to play hard, they will make the playoffs. They gave great effort all night...pretty impressive defensive backfield.

Also, big props to Troy Benjamin. He's starting to find his footing which should help the Nederland offense a lot.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigdog" post="1064492" timestamp="1316834582"]
Stats?
[/quote]

They aren't posted yet, but I would guess the Nederland defense held that high powered Vidor offense to under 200 total yards.  It's tough to run up the middle on those big D lineman for Nederland.  I would guess Nederland outrushed Vidor by a decent margin.

Big drive by Raines at the end after struggling the entire game.  Good team win for the Dogs!

I sure felt like Vidor deserved to win all night.  Came within one play of beating Nederland with less talent in my opinion.  Seems like the Vidor Coach does "more, with less"  each year than some of these other schools.  Didn't they beat Nederland last year?

Nederland changed my feeling on who deserved to win with that last game winning drive.  Congrats to both teams.  Sorry to see that Vidor had to lose that one.

[quote name="mustangsally" post="1064548" timestamp="1316835957"]
I sure felt like Vidor deserved to win all night.  Came within one play of beating Nederland with less talent in my opinion.  Seems like the Vidor Coach does "more, with less"  each year than some of these other schools.  Didn't they beat Nederland last year?

Nederland changed my feeling on who deserved to win with that last game winning drive.  Congrats to both teams.  Sorry to see that Vidor had to lose that one.
[/quote]

Vidor is no pushover. They match up well with athletes.

[quote name="mustangsally" post="1064548" timestamp="1316835957"]

[/quote]

Deserved to win? The team with more points 'deserves to win'! Vidor only had 2 1st downs the entire 1st half. Bulldog Ints kept Vidor in the game during the 1st half. Nederland 'deserved' the 'W'. Vidor is a solid team, and they made the appropriate adjustments at half and moved the ball well. Ned just kept coming back. Big catch from Kimler on 4th down was huge. He was also double covered. He was the player of the game for Ned IMO.

wow it was an exciting game all the way to the finish..im a die hard pirate fan and have been all my life but i sometimes wonder about the play calling ...i think when ned was on the goal line,we had about a minute and a half left,we should have let them score and we would have had more time to get down the field and try for the tieing fg...what are yalls thoughts on that? but it was a nail biting game all the way to the fininsh

[quote name="mike76" post="1064618" timestamp="1316837119"]
wow it was an exciting game all the way to the finish..im a die hard pirate fan and have been all my life but i sometimes wonder about the play calling ...i think when ned was on the goal line,we had about a minute and a half left,we should have let them score and we would have had more time to get down the field and try for the tieing fg...what are yalls thoughts on that? but it was a nail biting game all the way to the fininsh
[/quote]

still threw an int would not have mattered...

Congrats to Nederland on the Win.  It sucked to drive home after that loss. 

Vidor also suffered some possible key injuries for the future.  Bollinger's injury is not an ankle, but a foot.  X-rays will be needed to confirm, but you hate to see such a great player possibly end his HS career on an injury. 

The boys from Vidor showed a ton of heart to comeback in the 2nd half.  And I thought they played great Defense on the last drive.  Nederland just made 2 really good plays.  To the Vidor Players:  Keep your heads up.  There is still a long season ahead.  There will be chances for redemption!

[b]Nederland 22, Vidor 19 - Final[/b]
Vidor Overall: 3-1  District: 0-1
Nederland Overall: 3-1  District: 1-0

Boxscore
Friday September 23, 2011 7:30pm

1  2 3 4 Total
Vidor      10 0 3 6 19
Nederland 7 7 0 8 22

Scoring summary
NED -- Troy Benjamin 10-yard run (Cole Ogrydziak kick), :17, 1st.
VID -- David Smallwood 2-yard run (Brandon Clayton kick), 8:57, 1st.
VID -- Brandon Clayton 20-yard field goal, 5:34, 1st.
NED -- Colton Kimler 12-yard pass from Carson Raines (Cole Ogrydziak kick), 9:38, 2nd.
VID -- Brandon Clayton 23-yard field goal, 2:51, 3rd.
NED -- Carson Raines 1-yard run (DeShawn Washington from Carson Raines), :22, 4th.
VID -- Colby Schirilla 30-yard pass from Austin Powell (pass failed), 7:53, 4th.

Team Stats
                    Vidor          Nederland
Total yards    203              248
First downs    11                12
Rushes/Yds  52/173        29/157
Average rush 3.33            5.41
Comp/Atts  1/4/2        10/23/2
Pass yards    30                91
Comp pct      25              43.48
Punts            7                  4
Punting Yards 238            165
Punting Average 34          41.25
Fumbles/Lost 2/0              1/0
Penalties-yards 5-25        6-42

[quote name="EZDawg" post="1064601" timestamp="1316836822"]
[quote author=mustangsally link=topic=88749.msg1064548#msg1064548 date=1316835957]

[/quote]

Deserved to win? The team with more points 'deserves to win'! Vidor only had 2 1st downs the entire 1st half. Bulldog Ints kept Vidor in the game during the 1st half. Nederland 'deserved' the 'W'. Vidor is a solid team, and they made the appropriate adjustments at half and moved the ball well. Ned just kept coming back. Big catch from Kimler on 4th down was huge. He was also double covered. He was the player of the game for Ned IMO.
[/quote]
Did you not read the end of the post? mustangsally said ned changed her mind with the last drive. Great game by both teams. I hope Bollinger injury is not serious....I think he would have been the difference maker for Vidor if he would not have gotten injured so early. 20-4A is gonna be wild again!

Congrats Ned on the win. Both teams showed a lot of heart, no quit in either team. Both teams made big mistakes but both kept fighting. Raines got it going when his team needed it most, well done. Again, congrats Ned. Keep your head up Pirates, keep fighting and good things will happen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin