Vidor vs. Nederland Game Thread/Post updates here!-NED Wins!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1064661" timestamp="1316838119"]
Anybody see the Tailgate Party, Raines already talkin about fixing mistakes for next week(think he knows who's on the schedule), NDNRock you better believe it's gonna be a war every week in 204A, you got one comin next week.
[/quote]
BRING IT!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good teams find ways to win when they are not playing well.  Nederland did that tonight and deserved the win.  Raines will play better than he did tonight and the running game appears to be improving.  If those two things continue, Nederland will be tough to beat throughout district.

Vidor played well and will make the playoffs.  Those kids are scrappy and look to pop someone in the mouth on every play on offense and defense.  I can't imagine anyone in district will be looking forward to playing them this season. 

I will have to say after watching the JV and Varsity games of Vidor Vs Nederland.... that this has to be the two toughest, hardest hitting, cleanest, well officiated game I have watched between the 2 in a very long time...  usually 1 of the aforementioned is missing.... Thursday night and Friday night was 2 great football games.... Hats off to Ned they didn't give up and showed determination.... the 4th down pass across the middle to get the 1st down was with a defender covering him like a blanket on a newborn.... 1 sec sooner the pass is probably tipped and flies over receivers head... but he was just short with his hand and the receiver made an awesome catch! These 2 games not only showed great sportsman ship and great athleticism but also showed that Vidor does need a bit more respect than has been given and that Nederland is as good as been told were.... All though I wanted my Pirates to win.... you can take nothing from Nederland... no bad calls.... no cheap shots.... nothing.... Vidors Defense same thing... no bad calls... no cheap shots.... it was a straight up head to head you hit me i hit you we will see who gets up the longest.... i still stand as saying that Vidor's Defense is 11 hungry dogs chasing 1 pork chop....

Great Game Bulldogs!! Good luck the rest of the way!
Pirates hold your heads high.... you gave 100% and we have 6 more District games to go.... all though this one will leave a bitter taste in our mouth called defeat.... we can wash it out next week and get back on the winning band wagon!!! ...

[b]David Bolinger[/b]: from what I understand talking to one of the coaches is that he couldn't stand on it during half time... he did come to sidelines on crutches... but it sounds like he may of cracked some bones in the top of the foot above the arch.... not sure... Xrays in the morning....

Guest Pirate_pride_07
First off i wanna start with say great game to those Nederland Bulldogs. Yall came back and won it after a not so good start. Yall are a great team and your running game is getting better and better each week. Vidor yall played a great game. Yall should have no shame in that loss. Yall held your own IMO. I also agree with coach, that was one of the cleanest games i've seen in a while. I think there were less than 5 flags the entire game.

On the subject of David Bolinger, he went down in the first 5 minutes and IMO if he would've stayed in it would've been a different game. Bolinger going out took out that outside speedy guy threat and all vidor had was clark to go up the middle with and hats off Nederland for pretty much limiting a big and nasty Brentyn Clark. But hey thats football. You win some you lose some. Looking forward to next week.

Btw David goes to the doc tomorrow to see whats the sprain is. Trainer said more than likely a sprain but could be a fracture of some bone. We all hope its a sprain. All i know its the same injury that Dwight Freeney had. Lets hope he makes it back and suits up against those Lumberton Raiders.

Overall good game Pirates and good game Nederland.

P.S. i like my crow fried and with lots of spices  8)

Great football game last night.  I have to agree it would have been nice to have 2 out on the field but lets not take away from the guys that played.  I watched the game replay last night and you guys played great.  Even though the TV folks could never get it right until the end of the game,  AP played one heck of a game at QB, (Like he has all season) and if not for the great play on forth down by Nederland,  would have been named player of the game.  #16 played great leading the Pirates dispite going down with a knee injury.  Was out for two plays, got it wrapped, and back out on the field.  Fantastic two way effort by the young man on offense and defense. QB/LB  Keep your heads up boys.  We have a long way to go.  That game was the first I remember in a long time nobody is complaining about the refs.  That game was decided on the field.  Congats Nederland.

Everybody keeps talking about the offense and how great they did... but what about that amazing defense Nederland has. According to the newspaper and I quote "I wish we would have played good enough defense where we didn't have that situation at the end".....WOW! Well, maybe you ought to take a look at the offense....you would not have been put in that situation if they would have done what they were suppose to do. The defense is not getting the credit they deserve.  The total yards in the game is 178 yards for Vidor, they have been averaging almost double that against teams, so that tells you right there that was the difference in the ballgame. The TV announcers even choose 2 offense players as players of the game over the defense. I guess the old saying is true.....offense gets all the glory and defense wins championships!  So to the Nederland Defense.....with battling the adversity with losing two starters and stepping up and playing so well I will praise you if no one else will! WAY TO GO DEFENSE!

[quote name="CANeyePLAYtoo" post="1064843" timestamp="1316868825"]
Great football game last night.  I have to agree it would have been nice to have 2 out on the field but lets not take away from the guys that played.  I watched the game replay last night and you guys played great.  Even though the TV folks could never get it right until the end of the game,  AP played one heck of a game at QB, and if not for the great play on forth down by Nederland,  would have been named player of the game.  16 played great leading the Pirates dispite going down with a knee injury.  Was out for two plays, got it wrapped, and back out on the field.  Fantastic two way effort by the young man on offense and defense. QB/LB  Keep your heads up boys.  We have a long way to go.  That game was the first I remember in a long time nobody is complaining about the refs.  That game was decided on the field.  Congats Nederland.
[/quote]

The Pirates played one heck of a game unfortunately they didn't come away with a win. Nederland did what they had to do when it counted, congrats to them on the win. Powell #16 led the offense with confidence and precision and showed great poise under pressure and he made the key play of the game in the 4th qrt. The defense played well especially the secondary. Great effort by the Pirates to go into Ned. and show them what they are made of. Sadly we did have an injury in the backfield which took away our outside threat but that happens in this game, the coaches made adjustments and the Pirates gave a great effort and played their hearts out and they left nothing on the field. Keep your heads up boys, put this one behind you and focus on the next game.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1064940" timestamp="1316875798"]
Dang, I was hoping Jeff and his crew could get this win. Congratulations to the Bulldogs.
[/quote]

I can tell you this it wasn't from lack of effort.... these two teams played from whistle to whistle!!!! it was a very good football game .... one that you actually hated to see either side lose....

What a great Friday night football game. Both Teams played with a lot heart till the last second. You had to be proud of the sportsmanship and the play by play battle. Nederland’s defense adjusted well and basically shut down Vidor after the first quarter. Heck of a game Nederland D.

One aspect of Nederland’s game that I don’t get is the QB position. Nothing personal against CR, he just couldn’t complete a decent pass. Nederland was forced to stick to the running game. Two weeks ago he played a full half and started the second against a very tough BH defense and couldn’t lead his team to the end zone. Woods came in looking a little nervous but drilling his targets leading to a score. You can watch CR’s head, he finds one receiver and if he isn’t open play over. Woods appears to see the whole field and is able recognize his open targets quickly. Why wouldn’t Neuman give Woods an opportunity. The only opportunity he has had so far IMO he has out performed CR.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="sports65" post="1064950" timestamp="1316876254"]
Everybody keeps talking about the offense and how great they did... but what about that amazing defense Nederland has. According to the newspaper and I quote "I wish we would have played good enough defense where we didn't have that situation at the end".....WOW! Well, maybe you ought to take a look at the offense....you would not have been put in that situation if they would have done what they were suppose to do. The defense is not getting the credit they deserve.  The total yards in the game is 178 yards for Vidor, they have been averaging almost double that against teams, so that tells you right there that was the difference in the ballgame. The TV announcers even choose 2 offense players as players of the game over the defense. I guess the old saying is true.....offense gets all the glory and defense wins championships!  So to the Nederland Defense.....with battling the adversity with losing two starters and stepping up and playing so well I will praise you if no one else will! WAY TO GO DEFENSE!
[/quote]
Not making excuses or anything, Nederland won that game fair and square but IMO i think it would've been a different game if #2 the leading rusher in 20-4A would've been in the game.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1065021" timestamp="1316881825"]
[quote author=sports65 link=topic=88749.msg1064950#msg1064950 date=1316876254]
[/quote]
Not making excuses or anything, Nederland won that game fair and square but IMO i think it would've been a different game if #2 the leading rusher in 20-4A would've been in the game.
[/quote]Than dont.....

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1065021" timestamp="1316881825"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Research shows that 99% of the time when a sentence begins with "not to make excuses or anything" it ends with an excuse for a loss. I am certain that Ned's starting middle linebacker, best kick returner on the team, and fastest kid in our secondary would've impacted this game as well using your logic. Nederland was not Sharp on offense, defense played very well, and we made just enough plays to win. Always a good game when these two meet.

[quote name="jake94" post="1065062" timestamp="1316883756"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=88749.msg1065021#msg1065021 date=1316881825]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Research shows that 99% of the time when a sentence begins with "not to make excuses or anything" it ends with an excuse for a loss. I am certain that Ned's starting middle linebacker, best kick returner on the team, and fastest kid in our secondary would've impacted this game as well using your logic. Nederland was not Sharp on offense, defense played very well, and we made just enough plays to win. Always a good game when these two meet.
[/quote]

research shows 75% of all stats are made up on the spot LOL

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1065069" timestamp="1316884007"]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=88749.msg1065062#msg1065062 date=1316883756]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=88749.msg1065021#msg1065021 date=1316881825]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

research shows 75% of all stats are made up on the spot LOL
[/quote]

LOL.  There's a 100% chance of whoever made the play on 4th and 9 would win the game.  Nederland made it the Pirates didnt.

It was a very good and entertaining high school football game that literally came down to the last play.

I thought overall the key to the game was Nederland holding Vidor to a little over 3 yards per carry on the ground. For a team to come into the game averaging almost 7 yards per tote and depending on that ground and time eating offense, not being able to get it was crucial.

[quote name="Old Eagle #70" post="1065015" timestamp="1316880922"]
What a great Friday night football game. Both Teams played with a lot heart till the last second. You had to be proud of the sportsmanship and the play by play battle. Nederland’s defense adjusted well and basically shut down Vidor after the first quarter. Heck of a game Nederland D.

One aspect of Nederland’s game that I don’t get is the QB position. Nothing personal against CR, he just couldn’t complete a decent pass. Nederland was forced to stick to the running game. Two weeks ago he played a full half and started the second against a very tough BH defense and couldn’t lead his team to the end zone. Woods came in looking a little nervous but drilling his targets leading to a score. You can watch CR’s head, he finds one receiver and if he isn’t open play over. Woods appears to see the whole field and is able recognize his open targets quickly. Why wouldn’t Neuman give Woods an opportunity. The only opportunity he has had so far IMO he has out performed CR.
[/quote]

Just my opinion, but when the game is in doubt and you need to move the ball down the field Carson Raines gets it done. Never ever count Carson out and never think you have the game won against this team. I think they hate to lose more than anything. Tyler Woods will be a great QB when he gets his chance but right now it's Carson.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder