Vidor vs. Nederland Game Thread/Post updates here!-NED Wins!!

WOSgrad

Ned's first INT was a bit high and it went through the receiver's hands and into the hands of the DB. The second INT was thrown to an out and the receiver took it up. I thought our QB maybe threw a bit high, but the balls were still catchable.

Benajmin is the real deal, just needs one more block to spring him. I also like the running of Nelson (#5). He is very fluid and reminds me of Duane Thomas.

Vidor, you had this game and earned every yard and point. Ned drove the length of the field with 3 minutes and 1 timeout left. This was a very good game, even if we had lost.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Raines will be fine. He needs to throw on the home turf more. He hasn't adjusted to the crown yet. Everything to the sideline is high. Just watch how he throws against PNG. It might be a good thing we are playing on their plastic flat field. Maybe prior to Livingston he will be able to practice on our home turf.

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1065217" timestamp="1316893910"]
Raines will be fine. He needs to throw on the home turf more. He hasn't adjusted to the crown yet. Everything to the sideline is high. Just watch how he throws against PNG. It might be a good thing we are playing on their plastic flat field. Maybe prior to Livingston he will be able to practice on our home turf.
[/quote]
Sorry man, I just don’t do well with excuses. Exactly how much time did Woods have to adjust to the crown or anything else?  You can’t deny that Woods performed very well when he got his chance. As far as Ned. receivers last night, they did a heck of a job snagging anything close. IMO CR never settled down. He delivered a few safety dumps and two down field passes that receivers made great catches on. Absolutely no disrespect to CR at all. I don’t know the fella and I hear he is a great young man. This is just my observation of a couple games.

I don't think anyone is making excuses Neumann and Monte have Raines as the QB and we support him, if we ever get another QB then we will support that one also. It's great to know if we have anything happen to our starter that we have a very capable backup. The bottom line with Carson at QB we won that's all that counts.

Look Dawg fans,  it doesn't matter if you like it or not the coach has made his choice  that Raines in the starter.  I dont know either one being that I am a Pirate fan but did he have a good game.? NO.  Where his passes off the mark? YES.  Did he make the passes when it counted? YES  We have a two or three QB system at Vidor.  Do I like it? NO  You know what they say when you have two QB's you dont have one.  I dont know if Raines will turn it around but that will be the Coaches job to make any changes if he fells it is needed.  You got the W.  Thats all that counts.

Everyone who  is a Raines doubter, you are looking at one game.. Prior to this game, Carson has been money.. I have seen him connect with receivers in stride way down field and put the ball where it needed to be. He is a very good quarterback. Remember, he was coming into this game after their bye week. And in the game before that he got decked into the concrete by Barbers Hill and got a concussion. These arent excuses, just facts. He was a little rusty this game for those reasons. He will be fine. By the way, I dont buy the whole argument of not being used to the crown. He did just fine at the home opener. Just a little nerves and rust is all. The coaches are around these two quarterback every day. Trust me, if they thought Woods was a better quarterback to handle the Nederland offense at this time, then they would start him.

Just now getting to spend a little time after the Nederland game on the computer. Congratulations to Nederland from what I can read was a hard fought victory. I missed a great football game and that makes me nearly as sad as us losing. I guess I'll have to watch Manchester United and Everton go at it or the Rugby World Cup. No American football here. Prayers go out for David Bollinger, we need that young man and this is his senior season. Outstanding running back; fortunes of football.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1065763" timestamp="1316958942"]
Just now getting to spend a little time after the Nederland game on the computer. Congratulations to Nederland from what I can read was a hard fought victory. I missed a great football game and that makes me nearly as sad as us losing. I guess I'll have to watch Manchester United and Everton go at it or the Rugby World Cup. No American football here. Prayers go out for David Bollinger, we need that young man and this is his senior season. Outstanding running back; fortunes of football.
[/quote]

No American Football? Must be hell, and they think they are civilized!

[quote name="robanadana" post="1065763" timestamp="1316958942"]
[/quote]

Thats tough, they don't have NFL Sunday ticket over there?

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1065217" timestamp="1316893910"]
[/quote]

The crown is not that significant. I never had issues with it when I played QB at Nederland. I'm sure Raines would tell you the same. He did not have his best night, big deal. I had a couple of bad nights myself.  ::)

I wanted to get on here and rub it in Vidors face but i wont. After the game the other night i have nothing but respect for  the pirates. They are not the biggest group but man they are out to take someones head off on every down and they are also very quick . Scrappy group. Is yalls defense really made up of 10 juniors and 1 senior ? I thought it might be a typo in the program . If so , Good lawd they are going to be a force next year as well . They are still a young team this year. I wish them the best of luck in their remaining games . I really believe that they will be playing in week 11. I hope that the #2 on yalls team will be ok

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Ned11str8" post="1066416" timestamp="1317011698"]
I wanted to get on here and rub it in Vidors face but i wont. After the game the other night i have nothing but respect for  the pirates. They are not the biggest group but man they are out to take someones head off on every down and they are also very quick . Scrappy group. Is yalls defense really made up of 10 juniors and 1 senior ? I thought it might be a typo in the program . If so , Good lawd they are going to be a force next year as well . They are still a young team this year. I wish them the best of luck in their remaining games . I really believe that they will be playing in week 11. I hope that the #2 on yalls team will be ok
[/quote]
Actually its two seniors not just one but still lol. Austin Powell and Zayne Simmons are starting on Defense. All others are juniors. And thank you for the respect. I wish Nederland the best as well and we look forward to representing 20-4A in the playoffs right beside yall and whoever else makes it lol. Good luck next week. I'll be rooting for yall.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder