Did Cody Hussey leave lamar?????

raid07

[quote name="cardinal" post="1051069" timestamp="1315363699"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=87670.msg1049211#msg1049211 date=1315149336]
[quote author=Raider88 link=topic=87670.msg1049156#msg1049156 date=1315144129]
I don't think he is tired of Football.  Maybe the way he was treated?
[/quote]

Well real world and college sports is a business and you get paid to win. I'm sure Coach W has a bit better clue as to whats up than you.
[/quote]

I love how all you people just go along with what Woodard does, no questions asked.  You are a bunch of sheep.  If you think speed is all that matters in football your really have no clue about the sport.  Some of the best running backs weren't fast.  I wonder why carl lewis and what's his name bolt aren't playing football?  Why was Emmitt Smith so good?  Backs are stereotyped and too often not given a fair chance...just like quarterbacks and too many other positions in sports.  The question is do they get the job done or not?  Wasn't Zach Thomas too slow and little?  Wes Welker too little?  I could go on and on and on.  The speed of the game was too much...oh give me a dang break.
[/quote]
In no way does speed account for all the attributes of a good back...but c'mon, now, Hussey ( a good kid in my opinion ) is no Emmit Smith.  I think you must have a beef with Coach Woodard, and I think you don't have the first clue about what you're talking about.  Things change from season to season.  It's Woodard's decision to make.  I don't agree with all of his decisions either...BUT IT'S NOT MY YTEAM!  If I was Hussey, I would work my butt off t o get my spot back...THAT IS HOW IT'S DONE!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North..havent you learned..you cannot -on any thread- say anything negative about Orange Stark--blasphemy!!

and where did he say he was as good as Emmit smith..nowhere..'cardinal' was making a size/speed point...maybe too difficult for some to understand

i hope the rb do well this year....but my old Aunt Sadie coulda run for a hundred against Texas college

and you are right..if it was jj or garret getting the prewitt treatment..this board would be on fire with posts...posts by people who dont go to the games..but posts nonetheless

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1051640" timestamp="1315440201"]
North..havent you learned..you cannot -on any thread- say anything negative about Orange Stark--blasphemy!!

and where did he say he was as good as Emmit smith..nowhere..'cardinal' was making a size/speed point...maybe too difficult for some to understand

i hope the rb do well this year....but my old Aunt Sadie coulda run for a hundred against Texas college

and you are right..if it was jj or garret getting the prewitt treatment..[b]this board would be on fire with posts[/b]...posts by people who dont go to the games..but posts nonetheless
[/quote]

Looks as though the whiners have it already on fire. ;)

I go to as many games as my job allows me to. I have six season tickets for football, 5 for basketball.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1051640" timestamp="1315440201"]
North..havent you learned..you cannot -on any thread- say anything negative about Orange Stark--blasphemy!![/quote]

NOTB didn't say anything negative about [b]West[/b] Orange-Stark (get it straight, some of those folks within the City of West Orange...Don't laugh!...it is it's own city!).  He merely suggested that if Garrett were to be replaced, I would "inwardly feel he was slighted."  I merely told him that his telekinetic skills were off as I can promise you that if at some point Garrett is benched in favor of Venson or Logan that I will not break out a "Garrett is getting screwed."

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=87670.msg1051640#msg1051640 date=1315440201]
and you are right..if it was jj or garret getting the prewitt treatment..this board would be on fire with posts...posts by people who dont go to the games..but posts nonetheless
[/quote]

Really?  You mean it would be worse than this?  Basically all of the posts the week of and following the game is how Doug Prewitt is getting screwed by Coach Woodard.  I mean I have heard that the backup quarterback is the most popular guy on any football team, but this is ridiculous!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1051643" timestamp="1315440681"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=87670.msg1051640#msg1051640 date=1315440201]

and you are right..if it was jj or garret getting the prewitt treatment..[b]this board would be on fire with posts[/b]...posts by people who dont go to the games..but posts nonetheless
[/quote]

I go to as many games as my job allows me to. I have six season tickets for football, 5 for basketball.
[/quote]

boom ...someone who didnt go to the game!

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1051653" timestamp="1315441896"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=87670.msg1051643#msg1051643 date=1315440681]

[/quote]

[/quote]

boom ...someone who didnt go to the game!
[/quote]

I already stated that I could not attend last Saturday's game. I was doing the play-by-play for the KFDM/CW televised game of Bridge City and Vidor. My wife, 2 sons and girl friend of my oldest son attended the Lamar game.

I did however watch the replay of the Lamar game at lamarcardinals.com.

How many of you would stick around risking your health and not receive a DIME of scholarship money! NO books, no tuition NOTHING!!! Lol Yeah that's right Hussey played for the Love of the game! I don't care what any of you Yahoos have to say about his speed the kid was a contributor! He gave it his ALL every play! I agree with Husseys decision and I don't think any of you know the entire story!! You only know what you have heard or what you THINK you know!! If Hussey would have went to Navarro Jr college he would still be playing! Now that's the TRUTH!! Like it or not!!!

Well Hussey deserved a scholarship! IMO!! I realize that there are others on the team that are not on scholarship!  But if they are contributors to the team they deserve SOMETHING! I know of some scholarship players that don't set foot on the field and they may never set foot on the field unless the game is a blowout!!

[quote name="Raider88" post="1051795" timestamp="1315481484"]
How many of you would stick around risking your health and not receive a DIME of scholarship money! NO books, no tuition NOTHING!!! Lol Yeah that's right Hussey played for the Love of the game! I don't care what any of you Yahoos have to say about his speed the kid was a contributor! He gave it his ALL every play! I agree with Husseys decision and I don't think any of you know the entire story!! You only know what you have heard or what you THINK you know!! If Hussey would have went to Navarro Jr college he would still be playing! Now that's the TRUTH!! Like it or not!!!
[/quote]
That may be true...but he quit at Lamar, and that's why he no longer plays there.  If he played solely for the "Love of the game" then he would STILL be there.  He was playing (and rightfully so) for a starting spot and hopes of a scholarship.  Unfortunately, he did not get that.  I like Cody, and I love seeing a local favorite like him getting a chance at LU...but that's all it is....A CHANCE! No guarantees.  Not to be argumentative, but YOU have no idea what he would be doing had he gone to Navarro.  He could have been injured at Navarro and never saw a single down of playing time.  If you take the emotion away and just consider the facts, it boils down to this...Cody quit (right or wrong) and that's why he no longer plays for Lamar.

Yes I agree with you that Cody quit!! I feel he quit because he was a contributor to the team but was being passed over by backs who were getting scholarships and IMO are not as good as he is. I would also say that if he were giving what he deserved (any type of scholarship, financial assistance) he would still be on the team. This is just my opinion of course. Now with these guys coming into LU and getting scholarships some being equal and some not as good of RBs and Hussey is STILL being passed over why stay? If you attended either of the scrimmages prior to the season you would see Hussey was running the ball well!! Then to just be pushed to 4th string?? He deserves more than that!! I am not defending him just because he went to my Alma Mater. I am saying this because its the TRUTH!!! But evidently he wasnt shaking the right peoples hands!!!
  Anyway this is all I have to say about the situation. I honestly do not think he was treated but, but then again life isn't fair sometimes!! He is a tough kid and I am sure if he puts forth the same effort he did at LU he will have a fulfilling life ahead of him!!
I am OUT!!
RAIDER88!!!

[quote name="Raider88" post="1052131" timestamp="1315519724"]
Yes I agree with you that Cody quit!! I feel he quit because he was a contributor to the team but was being passed over by backs who were getting scholarships and IMO are not as good as he is. I would also say that if he were giving what he deserved (any type of scholarship, financial assistance) he would still be on the team. This is just my opinion of course. Now with these guys coming into LU and getting scholarships some being equal and some not as good of RBs and Hussey is STILL being passed over why stay? If you attended either of the scrimmages prior to the season you would see Hussey was running the ball well!! Then to just be pushed to 4th string?? He deserves more than that!! I am not defending him just because he went to my Alma Mater. I am saying this because its the TRUTH!!! But evidently he wasnt shaking the right peoples hands!!!
  Anyway this is all I have to say about the situation. I honestly do not think he was treated but, but then again life isn't fair sometimes!! He is a tough kid and I am sure if he puts forth the same effort he did at LU he will have a fulfilling life ahead of him!!
I am OUT!!
RAIDER88!!!
[/quote]
You are definitely out...OUT of touch with reality... If you're so closed-minded to think the coaches didn't start him because he didn't brown nose enough, then you will never be able to see the light.

Yeah I know people play for free but IMO if they are good enough to play at least every other series shouldn't that justify some type of scholarship? I know people on the team that have walked on and never play I understand that player not earning a scholarship. But as for those contributing players I don't understand. This goes for any contributing player. Not just Hussey!

[quote name="Raider88" post="1052510" timestamp="1315577030"]
Yeah I know people play for free but IMO if they are good enough to play at least every other series shouldn't that justify some type of scholarship? I know people on the team that have walked on and never play I understand that player not earning a scholarship. But as for those contributing players I don't understand. This goes for any contributing player. Not just Hussey!
[/quote]If you are on the team you are a contributing player, the better the scout team the better the team I think I am beginning to see the prob. There is no I in team!

[quote name="cardinal" post="1051069" timestamp="1315363699"]
[/quote]

Well real world and college sports is a business and you get paid to win. I'm sure Coach W has a bit better clue as to whats up than you.
[/quote]

I love how all you people just go along with what Woodard does, no questions asked.  You are a bunch of sheep.  If you think speed is all that matters in football your really have no clue about the sport.  Some of the best running backs weren't fast.  I wonder why carl lewis and what's his name bolt aren't playing football?  Why was Emmitt Smith so good?  Backs are stereotyped and too often not given a fair chance...just like quarterbacks and too many other positions in sports.  The question is do they get the job done or not?  Wasn't Zach Thomas too slow and little?  Wes Welker too little?  I could go on and on and on.  The speed of the game was too much...oh give me a dang break.
[/quote]

well, while since we're comparing this kid to some of the best players in history, why didn't he go on to UT or Bama or Florida or something?  And instead of going with what Woodard says, should we go with what YOU say instead?  Lamar just had a back rush for 100 yards and 4 TDs on 20 carries last week.  How dumb is Woodard for starting him?

[quote name="bullets13" post="1052722" timestamp="1315590967"]
[quote author=cardinal link=topic=87670.msg1051069#msg1051069 date=1315363699]
[/quote]

Were you at that game?  My 8 yr old girl could have run for 100 yards in that game.  And, yes, you should listen to me.

[/quote]

[/quote]

well, while since we're comparing this kid to some of the best players in history, why didn't he go on to UT or Bama or Florida or something?  And instead of going with what Woodard says, should we go with what YOU say instead?  Lamar just had a back rush for 100 yards and 4 TDs on 20 carries last week.  How dumb is Woodard for starting him?
[/quote]

[quote name="Raider88" post="1052131" timestamp="1315519724"]
Yes I agree with you that Cody quit!! I feel he quit because he was a contributor to the team but was being passed over by backs who were getting scholarships and IMO are not as good as he is. I would also say that if he were giving what he deserved (any type of scholarship, financial assistance) he would still be on the team. This is just my opinion of course. Now with these guys coming into LU and getting scholarships some being equal and some not as good of RBs and Hussey is STILL being passed over why stay? If you attended either of the scrimmages prior to the season you would see Hussey was running the ball well!! Then to just be pushed to 4th string?? He deserves more than that!! I am not defending him just because he went to my Alma Mater. I am saying this because its the [b]TRUTH!!![/b] But evidently he wasnt shaking the right peoples hands!!!
I am OUT!!
RAIDER88!!!
[/quote]
I believe everything you wrote because you used all upper-case letters for the TRUTH and used three exclamation marks at the end of the sentence. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder