West Brook's Robert Redd ruled eligible by UIL

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1045322" timestamp="1314763541"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=87429.msg1045321#msg1045321 date=1314763078]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=87429.msg1045319#msg1045319 date=1314762835]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=87429.msg1045318#msg1045318 date=1314762000]
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/forms/papf.pdf
[/quote]

???
[/quote]

Question#6 on the 2nd page is the biggie!

And for those who are asking about why he can't play this year when he enrolled last Spring. If question #6 is not checked "no". Then the student has to sit out 1 year from the date he enrolled to play varsity sports. This would make him elligible after the season.
[/quote]

Well, I realize that question is on the form. Still didn't understand why it was posted, at least what the point was.

Having that question on there still doesn't prove anything as to if the young man moved for athletic reasons. But, I have a good idea. ;)
[/quote] Coaches/ AD's can check *No* on the form  even when [color=red]they never met a player[/color] and it puts up a red flag up and can  start the appeal process AND a trip to Austin. ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1045356" timestamp="1314793466"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=87429.msg1045322#msg1045322 date=1314763541]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=87429.msg1045321#msg1045321 date=1314763078]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=87429.msg1045319#msg1045319 date=1314762835]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=87429.msg1045318#msg1045318 date=1314762000]
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/forms/papf.pdf
[/quote]

???
[/quote]

Question#6 on the 2nd page is the biggie!

And for those who are asking about why he can't play this year when he enrolled last Spring. If question #6 is not checked "no". Then the student has to sit out 1 year from the date he enrolled to play varsity sports. This would make him elligible after the season.
[/quote]

Well, I realize that question is on the form. Still didn't understand why it was posted, at least what the point was.

Having that question on there still doesn't prove anything as to if the young man moved for athletic reasons. But, I have a good idea. ;)
[/quote] Coaches/ AD's can check *No* on the form  even when [color=red]they never met a player[/color] and it puts up a red flag up and can  start the appeal process AND a trip to Austin. ;)
[/quote]

Robert was a starter on Coach Thompson's defense last year.......he met him.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1045382" timestamp="1314797388"]
Sorry, I was referring to a current/on going incident incident where an AD from a 3-A school ruled an incoming 9th grader (attending a 4-A school) ineligible for varsity and the two have never met ;)
[/quote]

You're talking about the HF kid going to PNG, huh? At least he is just a Freshman. He is good, but I doubt he would play varsity anyway.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1045477" timestamp="1314805630"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=87429.msg1045382#msg1045382 date=1314797388]
Sorry, I was referring to a current/on going incident incident where an AD from a 3-A school ruled an incoming 9th grader (attending a 4-A school) ineligible for varsity and the two have never met ;)
[/quote]

You're talking about the HF kid going to PNG, huh? At least he is just a Freshman. He is good, but I doubt he would play varsity anyway.
[/quote]
I've heard about him. I think they said he's a QB/WR and really good in baseball? Keep'em coming.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1045513" timestamp="1314809434"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=87429.msg1045507#msg1045507 date=1314808687]
Nope, another kid from the area. The AD has never met the student but said moving for athletic purposes 8)
[/quote]

I think I know who you are talking about. ;)
[/quote]I bet you do. Hint # 1: a freshman  :D :D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1045612" timestamp="1314821182"]
[quote author=VNUPE link=topic=87429.msg1045171#msg1045171 date=1314746230]
As for the Open basketball transfers,[b] one of the young men was in the 8th grade last year. He won't be affected.....And trust me....he will never play in a sub-varsity game.[/b]
[/quote]  That's only because U I L says so!  ;)

You wanna bet? ;) ;D
[/quote]

[quote name="VNUPE" post="1045703" timestamp="1314831697"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=87429.msg1045612#msg1045612 date=1314821182]
[quote author=VNUPE link=topic=87429.msg1045171#msg1045171 date=1314746230]
As for the Open basketball transfers,[b] one of the young men was in the 8th grade last year. He won't be affected.....And trust me....he will never play in a sub-varsity game.[/b]
[/quote]  That's only because U I L says so!  ;)

You wanna bet? ;) ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

and I was taking that into consideration. Both Hunter brothers will be forced to play sub varsity this season.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1045827" timestamp="1314845528"]
Unless we appeal and take it to UIL in Austin. But its really no big deal especially since it's really not about athletic purposes as some think. ;)
[/quote]

I wouldn't worry about it. Your sons have plenty of time to play varsity ball.

I really don't have a problem with them playing jr. varsity. We have always used  school ball to have fun & prepare for the summer season because of the competitive environment. Lets just say the youngest is in a very good position on the national scene.  But he's only 14 and still has a lot to learn about life outside of sports.  ;)

If I were the AD of the 3A school, I wouldn't sign off on the transfers either.  Seeing how both sets of families still live in the district.  All of the athletes that decided to transfer were great athletes for their respective grade level.  Each would have made a tremendous contribution to which ever team that they would have played for this season.  As for the Dove Bros, if school ball is just a "fun league" to prepare for the "Elite Summer Schedule" that they play, why not let them stay at HF and BOTH be on Varsity and get HF back to the playoffs (which hasn't been done in 10 yrs)????  Instead, they will go to Ozen and BOTH be on UNDER level teams and face far less competition than what they would have seen on the Varsity squad at HF.  Obviously school ball is a little more important to someone, hence the transfer for "non athletic" purposes!!!  ;D

Not sure of the situation, nor have a dog in the fight but have an opinion. My opinion contradicts each other. On one hand, I have seen many good players transfer out of WOS because they couldn't handle the dicipline or the hard work. To play for WOS, talent doesn't matter as much as some may think. Coach t has always  said that the strongest shall survive and that doesn't mean physical, it means mental. Now on the other hand, I also believe that if a kid is a senior and transferred he should be able to play. You only get one senior year (unless your from lamarque and your name was goynes, think he was 21 and a beast, LOL) and is special. Could be the last chance a kid gets to put on pads and should be able to play. These are kids were talking about. I believe taking away something like that could scar a kid for life.

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1045223" timestamp="1314751685"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=87429.msg1044867#msg1044867 date=1314725247]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=87429.msg1044863#msg1044863 date=1314725043]
Is that normal protocol? If he was enrolled last school year, one would think he would be eligible to play this school year. Does anybody know if he played in the game against Ozen?
[/quote]

No, he did not.

I do not understand why he is not eligible. I would have thought when he enrolled in the spring, his eligibility would have been discussed then not at the beginning of this school year.
[/quote]
It's a technicality...WOS head coach did not release him...when the Kelly Rb transferred(from WB last year) I remember the WB staff commenting on that...if they(W.O in this case) do not release him and acknowledge the transfer was NOT for athletic purposes...he WOULD  be eligible......because he was not signed off on...UIL considers him ineligible...
[/quote]

I am fairly certain that Coach Hooks would have signed his release.  If a kid does not want to be part of your team, then sign his release and let him go flourish and grow as a person elsewhere.  That is just my opinion.  WOS has had more move ins than any other team in the golden triangle over the last quarter century.  Its kind of ironic that they would be the reason that this kid could not be released to play. Poor judgement I think, especially since the player is not even a threat to the success of WOS.  Its not like the kid got mad and moved to Nederalnd, Freindswood, or to a team in their 3A district.  The UIL needs to let thie kid play. 

Valid point, but do we know for SURE that it is because of WOS? and do we know for SURE it was because the coach didnt sign off? That coach is nowhere near that kind of person. His belief of what I have always seen is if you dont want to be a Mustang, good luck to you somewhere else. No grudges from him.

[quote name="kicker" post="1050804" timestamp="1315340760"]
Valid point, but do we know for SURE that it is because of WOS? and do we know for SURE it was because the coach didnt sign off? That coach is nowhere near that kind of person. His belief of what I have always seen is if you dont want to be a Mustang, good luck to you somewhere else. No grudges from him.
[/quote]

kicker, I understand what you are saying, but I know for a fact that Cornel did not sign off on Redd transferring. Spoke to several parties involved with this issue.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine