WHO THE HECK CARES ABOUT YOUR PLAYOFF RECORDS

thescoop

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same thing for WOS.....yeah they beat up on everyone here in SETX but do they win state every year....NOPE....so why does it matter that they go unbeaten and win the D-TITLE every year
Well all I know is if you make it past the regular season and make it into the playoffs then you are a good football team. If you make it to the playoffs ELEVEN YEARS IN A ROW that IS something to brag about. I'm not just saying this beacause I'm from Nederland...well maybe I am but none the less it is something to brag about and I am proud of our school and our athletic program for it. We have great coaches' date=' great kids, and a great football program and until you go to the playoffs eleven years in a row, yeah! UH HUH! And next year we're looking to make it twelve.[/b']

why does my school matter....for the record I have 2 State Championship in my career but that doesnt make my school or me any better than those schools that have none....

Dont even try it

Assuming your career refers to playing or coaching football, and also assuming you are local (because why would you care otherwise), the only area schools that can claim 2 championships in the past 50 years are WOS, Newton, Burkeville, Hebert and hmmm.... Barber's Hill

(PNG, TJ, and old Wallace High would be included going back further)

WOS87' date=' what is your PROBLEM with BH?[/quote']

I'm not sure how long you've been around on these boards but several BH fans have been particularly rabid in their hostility towards WOS over the past several years, so my only implication from the post was that if I had to make a guess at where a particular anonymous poster was from it would be the obvious choice, so calm down!

I have nothing against Barbers Hill, and in fact, I have taken up for BH more than once when it was BH fans getting attacked.. if you don't believe me just check out my previous post at the link below

http://www.setxsports.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5974#5974

Ok, my humblest apologies for getting my hackles up. I appreciate you sending me your post from before and for setting the record str8. However, please don't let a few remarks from a few reflect the whole. No, as you can see I haven't been on long, but that just means that I haven't been posting long. I've only started posting because of all the rancor displayed towards the Hill over this season. Seeing your post about Barbers Hill -esque was total speculation on your part and was uncalled for. Especially from someone with your knack for facts. So, I apologize for my somewhat frustrated response, but we'd also appreciate a bit more respect for 10-0 season, regardless of what district we're in.

why does my school matter....for the record I have 2 State Championship in my career but that doesnt make my school or me any better than those schools that have none....

You're dead wrong about that. If it IS true that you have 2 Championships (which I seriously doubt)' date=' then you KNOW how you felt after winning each of them. You (and your team) [i']HAD to feel "I'm better than ALL the rest". If not, then you would have quit after winning the 1st one, since there would be no gratification for your hard work. After winning it all, you are indeed "Better than everyone else".

Sorry, but I don't know how to "dumb this down" for you any at all.

ok....now that i have everyones attention let me make the point of this post very clear to each and every team in SETEX.....we talk trash about each other on here all the time and good trash talking is good for competition sake.....but all too much we poke fun at some schools who do not make the playoffs every year and lessen there hard work and heart by bashing them very unsportmanslike...calling names...for example.....as soon as this post was read people assummed it was someone from Lumberton or Vidor...why is that....do these to schools not deserve respect for putting on the pads and playing every friday night.....sometimes the scores do not tell how much heart or pride the team has.....these two teams have just as much heart and pride as WOS....Nederland etc......as soon as you were all linked together you immediately talked down to me assumming i was from one of those two schools......so i go back to the original statement.....why does making the playoffs mke you better then the previous schools......you are not and i repeat better than those less fortunate schools......Blessed YES.....better no.....one day you could easily find yourself in there shoes......respect everyone....

i agree and wins do not earn my respect.....sportmanship, heart, humble to Gods gifts, pride....know any teams that dont talk trash on the opponents they beat....bet you have a hard time finding them....it was just funny that you all jumped on Lumberton and Vidor and even heard BH mentioned.....what gives you the right to put these teams down.....NOTHING.....

Allright scoop, now you've heard from vidor and we stay home as much as anybody. What do you gain by coming on here and trying to take something away from a bunch of kids who have worked their tails off to make the playoffs and try to make a run at the title. Schools like Ned. and WOS have a history of winning that they should be proud of. :D

If you don't make the playoffs you have no chance of winning the title. At least these teams give themselves a shot at it on a consistant basis.

The games on the field - over the course of a season - determine which teams are the BETTER TEAMS. YES, WO-S and Dayton are BETTER TEAMS than Lumberton, Ozen, etc.

You didn't say anything about heart or pride in your original post. You said playoffs, records, etc. don't matter. You said winning streaks don't matter.

Nobody here said the losing teams had less heart. Orangefield had more heart than just about any team we played this year, and they only won a handful of games. However, WO-S was BETTER than they were as a football team.

You're changing your argument because you can no longer argue the original one.

Can we create an "I'm OK, You're OK... regardless of record" forum for thescoop? Because THIS is a FOOTBALL forum, where points, records, wins, losses, streaks, championships and such COUNT!

yeah i see that my point was lost a long time ago...this post was to defend the players that everyone makes fun of each week on these boards...my point was about the kids....if Lumbertons QB was as good as say Centrals....would he be less a player if the rest of his team did not help him make the playoffs and he sat home.....to me NO....just because your team makes the playoffs does not make anyone better than anyone else....i think that was what i had said in the original post to a degree

JEALOUSY is an ugly thing. The Newtons, WOSs, Nederlands, Jaspers, etc have shown to be better than the others in the area on a consistent basis. Don't sit here and break down each position or player etc and expect a weaker team to gain respect. Noone ever doubts the hard work these kids put out in the hot months to the cool November nights, but the truth of the matter is the consistent playoff schools have superior talent and/or work ethic. I have never felt the midcounty schools were real talented but they did have great game discipline that helped them overcome their physical weaknesses. For years the Port Arthur schools had tremendous talent but had mental breakdowns (penalties, blown assignments, etc) that cost them.

Just because your school hasn't had the success that many other schools have had is not a reason to try and belittle their achievments so you can feel better about your situation.

What school do you call your own?

Championships are usually the thing that is on your mind when you go into the playoffs' date=' but to state that a playoff team is no better than a sit-at-home team is absolutely beyond stupid.

You didn't understand my previous post, did you? I can't "dumb it down" for you any more. I refuse.[/quote']

Don't worry about him 92, you can't fix stupid... :wink:

Ok OK hold on I got this one. Lets say I am a boxer and I go into a championship fight.....I get knocked out....that doesnt mean that I am a worse boxer than the person who knocked me out....and I doesnt mean that he is a better boxer than I am...nor do both of us have to worry about whether the other one is depressed due to being better....the only thing that is inconsistant is the other boxer is 8.5 million dollars richer than I am...and has a nice belt to wear...but heck at least I feel good about myselve and that I know that I am still the best boxer, I think , maybe, ahhh heck I dont know what he is talking about :shock: :D :shock:

you guys have proven my point on here over and over and over....you guys with winning records or playoff berths always talk down to the rest that are not as sucessful.....you dont have that right just becasue your team is better then most teams....just becasue someone is from a town like Lumberton or Vidor they have just as many rights to state their opinions as you do....but when someone form here wins or speaks their mind you immediately call them names like you have througout this post....why catn you support the losing schools just as well as the winning ones.....maybe our district might improve as a whole ....

you guys have proven my point on here over and over and over....you guys with winning records or playoff berths always talk down to the rest that are not as sucessful.....you dont have that right just becasue your team is better then most teams....just becasue someone is from a town like Lumberton or Vidor they have just as many rights to state their opinions as you do....but when someone form here wins or speaks their mind you immediately call them names like you have througout this post....why catn you support the losing schools just as well as the winning ones.....maybe our district might improve as a whole ....

I agree with you on some things. I don't mind schools and fans being proud of their playoff streaks that is fine. But to put down other schools and call them names such as Vidor and Lumberton that is just classless. Support your team and their accomplishments, but do not put down other teams. All the players work hard but not all can reap the benefits of others. As a former player I know what it feels like to be put down by other schools and fans and be labeled a loser. So to any fans who put down other schools, you are the losers. I believe that this is the reason that the lesser schools such as Lumberton and Vidor are bitter towards winning programs. So celebrate your teams accomplishments, but do not do it at the expense of making fun of another team.

By the way, good luck to all teams in the playoffs and to all who fought hard to continue their playoff streaks such as Nederland. Your players overcame a tough stretch, congrats to the players.

I agree if it dosent matter who wins or loses then why keep score. Tell that sorry story to the head coach whos job depends on what the score board says and the # of play-off appearances he has. Sounds to me we need to come up with a game for scoop that the end result is everyone is tied.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder