Livingston vs. Port Neches-Groves Game Thread/Livingston wins/Comments!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tappedout" post="983596" timestamp="1300247175"]
Unbelievable! On a bases loaded walk to make the score 4-3, Jalali rounded 2nd and had his back to everyone and the catcher threw to 2nd to get him out. He must have had a serious brain fart. Our hottest hitter was at the plate when the game ended. Bottom line is we left too many many on base and struggled against a pretty weak pitcher.
[/quote]
He took the bat right out of Hunter Denzlingers hands. I heard hes been hot to. Good luck indians fro freddie krouger

Guest tappedout
2 of the 3 homerun's were on 0-2 counts. They must have better ball placement when they are way ahead in the count. Several of their base hits were also 0-2 counts. I thought Graham came in and was pitching lights out until the 2 bombs.

[quote name="Walk-off" post="983660" timestamp="1300252839"]
Just amazes me when these division 1 guys makes a play,they're all-world, but when they make an error, they're just kids..........
[/quote]

Pretty sure professionals make errors.. He's in HS.. I think he has some room to do so.

Congrats to Livingston on a great game!  Josh Moore #6 a Junior and Andrew Lantrip #13 a Sophomore did a great job pitching tonight.  Congrats home run hitters and what a heads up play by the catcher #10 Ty Duff a junior. Great team ball tonight!!

You can say what you want to about Port Neches' pitching (good), coaching decisions (okay) and baserunning (questionable). This Livingston team really stepped up and put together a solid game. Moore pitched seven quality innings and pretty much competed with the heralded Stone pitch for pitch. Home runs from Will Hon (rf), Tyler LeBlanc (2b) and Moore (p) suggests some depth and power throughout the Lions' lineup. Livingston also has good speed on the bases and in the outfield. They are solid at catcher, up the middle and at the corner infield positions. Perhaps the most telling statistic of all is that the Lions put together 11 innings with ZERO errors in the field. The scary thing is that the starting lineup last night for Livingston consisted of 2 sophomores, 6 juniors and only one senior. They should only get better as the season progresses. Livingston may have surprised the Indians last night. I doubt they'll surprise anyone else for the rest of the season. They appear to be the real deal.

[quote name="Astros2009" post="983718" timestamp="1300282368"]
You can say what you want to about Port Neches' pitching (good), coaching decisions (okay) and baserunning (questionable). This Livingston team really stepped up and put together a solid game. Moore pitched seven quality innings and pretty much competed with the heralded Stone pitch for pitch. Home runs from Will Hon (rf), Tyler LeBlanc (2b) and Moore (p) suggests some depth and power throughout the Lions' lineup. Livingston also has good speed on the bases and in the outfield. They are solid at catcher, up the middle and at the corner infield positions. Perhaps the most telling statistic of all is that the Lions put together 11 innings with [b]ZERO[/b] errors in the field. The scary thing is that the starting lineup last night for Livingston consisted of 2 sophomores, 6 juniors and only one senior. They should only get better as the season progresses. Livingston may have surprised the Indians last night. I doubt they'll surprise anyone else for the rest of the season. They appear to be the real deal.
[/quote]

It's obvious when you play defense at any level you give your team a chance. One error can cost your pitcher 10-12 pitches, that could be the difference in him pitching the 6th or 7th.

Astros2009, nice recap of the game, don't be a stranger.

[quote name="tappedout" post="983596" timestamp="1300247175"]
Unbelievable! On a bases loaded walk to make the score 4-3, Jalali rounded 2nd and had his back to everyone and the catcher threw to 2nd to get him out. He must have had a serious brain fart. Our hottest hitter was at the plate when the game ended. Bottom line is we left too many many on base and struggled against a pretty weak pitcher.
[/quote]

Interesting analysis.  That pretty weak pitcher had 8 Ks in 7 innings.  Perhaps the PNG hitters were kept off balance all night.  I don't know, I guess you're a pretty weak pitcher when you don't just groove fastballs right down the middle like it's coach pitch.  When hitters don't adjust, they pay the price.  Livingston hitters made the adjustments when it counted.

[quote name="DaBears" post="983976" timestamp="1300315030"]
The bad thing for PNG and the rest of the district is that they will have to sooner or later travel to Livingston to play. Its a monster of a trip, especially on Tues nights. Always hard to win at Pedigo park.
[/quote]

lol i don't wanna hear no whining!!  it is a loong trip sometimes...but we get to do it seven times, ya'll only get to enjoy the ride once  ;D

[quote name="DaBears" post="983976" timestamp="1300315030"]
The bad thing for PNG and the rest of the district is that they will have to sooner or later travel to Livingston to play. Its a monster of a trip, especially on Tues nights. Always hard to win at Pedigo park.
[/quote]

DaBears is from Brenham.  And he ought to know.  Some good cub teams lost (slash struggled)  over there at Pedigo!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder