West Orange-Stark vs. Hamshire-Fannett Game Thread/WO-S wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="Malcolm X" post="954862" timestamp="1296019502"]
So u do agree with worst in district? Considering H.F's talent, he is doing the worst job with the most
[/quote]

No, I do not agree.

The fact that HF has won 12 or 13 games this season, when they only won about 6 last year, and they already have 1 district win, when they had just the one win all of last year, tells me he is doing a pretty good job. They have definitely improved from last year.

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="954840" timestamp="1296018238"]
Be careful malcolm, or you'll be shook off as a hater if your perfectly logical prediction is incorrect.
[/quote]

If you look at some of the other "predicted large margin victories" earlier this season, making 40 point victory  projections for any game in this district may not be particularly logical.

My thing is teams like Hj and Silsbee can play 10 deep in district. Once playoffs begin you would see Hj and Silsbee shorten their rotation. So wouldn't you agree that a team like H.F would atleast shorten their rotation to atleast 7. They play 12 guys almost equally. They can't afford to do that in that District. If they really want to make the playoffs, or atleast make a run at the playoffs he has to shorten that rotation.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="954903" timestamp="1296044314"]
Do you think Coach Richard is simply investing in the future, knowing that his team is going to be stronger in the coming years and teaching them to play with 10 players instead of 5?  I mean, I know that if I was going to play 20 minutes instead of 29 or 30, I could go all out and play with a higher level of intensity.
[/quote]I think its more investing with the present. The HF coach knows exactly what lineup to use that will give them the maximum effort to compete. I've seen him do it ONCE! He's a good guy and wants all his players to play and I can understand this position. Thats how we play in middle school and its fun for the kids. But you have entitled kids in that hs program :D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="954890" timestamp="1296029939"]
[quote author=Malcolm X link=topic=79264.msg954862#msg954862 date=1296019502]
So u do agree with worst in district? Considering H.F's talent, he is doing the worst job with the most
[/quote]

No, I do not agree.

The fact that HF has won 12 or 13 games this season, when they only won about 6 last year, and they already have 1 district win, when they had just the one win all of last year, tells me he is doing a pretty good job. They have definitely improved from last year.
[/quote]

AAW - have you not heard of graduating seniors....this year is no indication of improvement from last year.  Almost every year it's different players but the same coach.  I believe you can credit more wins this year to more talent than in previous years not better coaching....i've watched this same coaching style for five years now.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="954977" timestamp="1296053040"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=79264.msg954903#msg954903 date=1296044314]
Do you think Coach Richard is simply investing in the future, knowing that his team is going to be stronger in the coming years and teaching them to play with 10 players instead of 5?  I mean, I know that if I was going to play 20 minutes instead of 29 or 30, I could go all out and play with a higher level of intensity.
[/quote]I think its more investing with the present. The HF coach knows exactly what lineup to use that will give them the maximum effort to compete. I've seen him do it ONCE! He's a egood guy and wants all his players to play and I can understand this position. Thats how we play in middle school and its fun for the kids. But you have entitled kids in that hs program :D
[/quote]Actually what I would like to see next season is a tougher pre-district season. Sabine pass, Tarkington, and evadale will get you some wins and the record will look promising but those games don't challenge the team. Sure a couple of light games is fine...but the team needs to get some experience at pulling through a tough one in order to be able to do it in a district game.

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="955424" timestamp="1296095355"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=79264.msg954977#msg954977 date=1296053040]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=79264.msg954903#msg954903 date=1296044314]
[/quote]I think its more investing with the present. The HF coach knows exactly what lineup to use that will give them the maximum effort to compete. I've seen him do it ONCE! He's a egood guy and wants all his players to play and I can understand this position. Thats how we play in middle school and its fun for the kids. But you have entitled kids in that hs program :D
[/quote]Actually what I would like to see next season is a tougher pre-district season. Sabine pass, Tarkington, and evadale will get you some wins and the record will look promising but those games don't challenge the team. Sure a couple of light games is fine...but the team needs to get some experience at pulling through a tough one in order to be able to do it in a district game.
[/quote]

hey, hey, naming names, is that really necessary?  ;) ;D

[quote name="hitchpin" post="955574" timestamp="1296107697"]
[quote author=mammagotjuice link=topic=79264.msg955424#msg955424 date=1296095355]
[/quote]

[/quote] :D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="955684" timestamp="1296140443"]
[quote author=hitchpin link=topic=79264.msg955574#msg955574 date=1296107697]
[quote author=mammagotjuice link=topic=79264.msg955424#msg955424 date=1296095355]
[/quote]

[/quote] :D
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iymXdRQDISg

Dang someone had beat me to this....

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="955999" timestamp="1296166258"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=79264.msg955978#msg955978 date=1296165264]
That is freakin hilarious.....I love it...
[/quote]And true in a lot of cases ;)
[/quote]

And not true in some cases.  ;) 

I do agree it is a funny video but I also know that there are players at HF who work on their weaknesses before practice, after practice, during the summer, at home, attend camps, play AAU, summer ball, work out with strength and conditioning trainers and when they play bad their parents are the hardest on them and not always telling them that they are the best but instead there to support them and provide the tools they need to get better.  Kids these days want the easy way out and for everything to be handed to them and some don't want to work for what they want.

[quote name="hfmom08" post="956021" timestamp="1296167502"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=79264.msg955999#msg955999 date=1296166258]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=79264.msg955978#msg955978 date=1296165264]
That is freakin hilarious.....I love it...
[/quote]And true in a lot of cases ;)
[/quote]

And not true in some cases.  ;) 

I do agree it is a funny video but I also know that there are players at HF who work on their weaknesses before practice, after practice, during the summer, at home, attend camps, play AAU, summer ball, work out with strength and conditioning trainers and when they play bad their parents are the hardest on them and not always telling them that they are the best but instead there to support them and provide the tools they need to get better.  Kids these days want the easy way out and for everything to be handed to them and some don't want to work for what they want.
[/quote]true! 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder