Is Hj's "Zjori Bosha" The Best Freshman in our area??

Betrayed

[quote name="team first" post="958805" timestamp="1296588178"]
Seen him play, not best 10-15 in the state. Not strong enough, can't put it on floor good enough, does not defend 1on1 well enough. Has potential to be very good! Alot of good kids in the state..Top 50???????? Who knows, good for our area, yes! We've got to get out more. H.J. likes him.
[/quote]

He is definitely a top 10-15 freshman in the state in 3A.  That is a fact!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="team first" post="958805" timestamp="1296588178"]
Seen him play, not best 10-15 in the state. Not strong enough, can't put it on floor good enough, does not defend 1on1 well enough. Has potential to be very good! Alot of good kids in the state..Top 50???????? Who knows, good for our area, yes! We've got to get out more. H.J. likes him.
[/quote]

Tough to evaluate a kid unless you have seen all the top  players multiple times and I don't know many who have the time and/or inclination to do so.  Also tough to judge a kids ability to defend one on one when his team uses a trapping zone defense.  Perhaps he "doesn't put in on the floor" good enough because the team objective does not call for that and hence, not much practice at doing so. If you are 6'4" at age 15, there is a good chance you haven't reached your peak in terms of co-ordination and mental toughness.  I would guess that would apply to a number of 15 year olds who are good enough to be starting for their respective varsities.  I will happily pay him this compliment- He has the intellect to realize that he should play within himself (and within the team objective) and not get caught up in the oft mistaken tendencies of some to define how well they play by the number no look passes and triple pump layups they execute or possibly try to execute.

[quote name="stevenash" post="958819" timestamp="1296588686"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=76916.msg958805#msg958805 date=1296588178]
[/quote]

Tough to evaluate a kid unless you have seen all the top  players multiple times and I don't know many who have the time and/or inclination to do so.  Also tough to judge a kids ability to defend one on one when his team uses a trapping zone defense.  Perhaps he "doesn't put in on the floor" good enough because the team objective does not call for that and hence, not much practice at doing so. If you are 6'4" at age 15, there is a good chance you haven't reached your peak in terms of co-ordination and mental toughness.  I would guess that would apply to a number of 15 year olds who are good enough to be starting for their respective varsities.  I will happily pay him this compliment- He has the intellect to realize that he should play within himself (and within the team objective) and not get caught up in the oft mistaken tendencies of some to define how well they play by the number no look passes and triple pump layups they execute or possibly try to execute.
[/quote]HJ has a good system for their kids, I agree. ;D

[quote name="team first" post="958825" timestamp="1296588734"]
Sorry, sleepy, wake up..best fresh in 3a in state..Maybe...but thats not what was said...Now thats a fact, not an opinion!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I would argue Bosha's a top-5 freshman in the state in 3A.  that being said, i have no factual evidence to base that on other than his impressive stats, his length, and his ability to shoot the ball.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="958827" timestamp="1296588807"]
Depends on who you ask, can't say his opinion is wrong because your OPINION is right.  ::)
[/quote]Doesn't really matter because in the end the 2014 class, including  guards, wings, etc will be thrown into the same circle in 2013 and 2014 college scouting reports. ;)

[quote name="cbosha" post="958683" timestamp="1296581062"]
Um... sir, he does hit 90% of his freethrows. What planet are you living on? NBA players have excellent freethrow stats.
[/quote]

Um sir, no they do not! Which NBA r U watching?? There may be 5-6 players (out of over 300 players) in the NBA who shoot btr than 90%. If this kid makes 9/10 then he's a phenom. He's prob closer to 80% in reality- which is still excellent.  The best FT shooter i've seen this year is Dotey from PN-G. He's likely shooting in the 80-85% range (no I don't have the facts to back that up).

[quote name="stevenash" post="958918" timestamp="1296593191"]
DOVE- out of those thirty, how many have u seen play several times?  Surely u aren't simply reading from a ratings sheet, are you?
[/quote]The Houston kids? Been watching these kids for four years ;) The Dallas kids would be my OPINION,as I stated earlier ;)

[quote name="cbosha" post="958940" timestamp="1296594746"]
Dove how do your kids rank?
[/quote]I don't rank kids. But there are several rankings for them and you know which ones are pretty close after awhile. I've seen these kids for 4 years or more and know what they can do and their weaknesses.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami