Is Hj's "Zjori Bosha" The Best Freshman in our area??

Betrayed

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="924859" timestamp="1291388019"]
At the high school level, I'd prefer to play against a player who can't create off the dribble.
[/quote]Does it really matter if Bosha is scoring off of kick-outs or shots that he's creating himself. The bottom line is that he's doing what Hj is asking him to do, and thats knocking them down. 8 3's by a Freshman is very impressive, regardless if they were made by kick outs are creativity. No other Freshman has done that thus far in a Varsity game againt a quality opponent on the road. 

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="924869" timestamp="1291388628"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=76916.msg924859#msg924859 date=1291388019]
At the high school level, I'd prefer to play against a player who can't create off the dribble.
[/quote]Does it really matter if Bosha is scoring off of kick-outs or shots that he's creating himself. The bottom line is that he's doing what Hj is asking him to do, and thats knocking them down. 8 3's by a Freshman is very impressive, regardless if they were made by kick outs are creativity. No other Freshman has done that thus far in a Varsity game againt a quality opponent on the road. 
[/quote]Excellent point! HJ has a system that works to the strengths of their players. I give credit to the coaches for recognizing this. But my comments had nothing to do with Bosha.

Guest speechless
the fact that anyone believes that rondo is an average passer and doesn't consider beating defenders off the dribble for lay ups being able to create your own shot pretty much makes everything else irrelevant

this person obviously doesnt watch basketball

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="924869" timestamp="1291388628"]
[/quote]

very very impressive no doubt but quality opponent c'mon man. i do think he is good just to early to say the best right now.

[quote name="ballin4life" post="924891" timestamp="1291389304"]
[quote author=Scalabrine link=topic=76916.msg924869#msg924869 date=1291388628]
[/quote]

very very impressive no doubt but quality opponent c'mon man. i do think he is good just to early to say the best right now.
[/quote]Yeah, quality opponent. Anahauc played in the Regional Finals game last year. You know, thats the game where the winner goes to State. He also hit Ktz up for 20+ in his Very 1st Varsity game. Wasn't by kick-outs my friend 

[quote name="setxslam" post="924925" timestamp="1291391620"]
I'd rather see open threes and dunks created-- and made-- off teamwork than individual efforts any day.  But that's just me.
[/quote]I'm one who don't get excited about a dunk if the player is 6'5" and above. Open threes are boring too. You're wide open. You're suppose to hit it. Give me a kid who creates his own shot for himself and others. Thats art.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="924945" timestamp="1291393635"]
[quote author=setxslam link=topic=76916.msg924925#msg924925 date=1291391620]
I'd rather see open threes and dunks created-- and made-- off teamwork than individual efforts any day.  But that's just me.
[/quote]I'm one who don't get excited about a dunk if the player is 6'5" and above. Open threes are boring too. You're wide open. You're suppose to hit it. Give me a kid who creates his own shot for himself and others. Thats art.
[/quote]IAm  Surprised that art is more important than the win.  Give me Ray Allen even though he lacks "artistry"

Evidentally we have a lot of guys who were spot up shooters in HS.  No one is bursting my bubble on Rondo, I know basketball and I am not going to argue on this subject anymore.  It is stupid.  Rondo can not shoot, he is a very average passer, he may have alot of assists but that is his sole job and he is surrounded by All-Stars.  Makes for a great team, exectaly what the Celtics have.  Does not make him a good passer.  And I am sorry about saying Rondo couldnt  shoot, I forgot about layups. 

Anyone that would argue that they would rather have someone who can only make shots created for them vs. someone that can create his own and make shots from others is not thinking straight. That is a simple statement and a simple answer.  1 player can do both the other player can sit in the corner and hope someone gets him a shot so he can shoot.

The best players in the game could create their own shots.  Plain and simple.  I dont have to post youtube videos (of one clip which I didnt even take the time to watch).  It is just common sense.
Good luck to the Bosha and HF players, wish them the best.  Have a great day.  Im through with this topic.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="925002" timestamp="1291400737"]
Evidentally we have a lot of guys who were spot up shooters in HS.  No one is bursting my bubble on Rondo, I know basketball and I am not going to argue on this subject anymore.  It is stupid.  Rondo can not shoot, he is a very average passer, he may have alot of assists but that is his sole job and he is surrounded by All-Stars.  Makes for a great team, exectaly what the Celtics have.  Does not make him a good passer.  And I am sorry about saying Rondo couldnt  shoot, I forgot about layups.  

Anyone that would argue that they would rather have someone who can only make shots created for them vs. someone that can create his own and make shots from others is not thinking straight. That is a simple statement and a simple answer.  1 player can do both the other player can sit in the corner and hope someone gets him a shot so he can shoot.

The best players in the game could create their own shots.  Plain and simple.  I dont have to post youtube videos (of one clip which I didnt even take the time to watch).  It is just common sense.
Good luck to the Bosha and HF players, wish them the best.  Have a great day.  Im through with this topic.
[/quote]  If you are so confident about what you say, please help me recall how many great "created" shots were done by Magic Johnson.  And while you are at it, explain the record of the Heat this year.  And for the record, you possess NO exclusivity about basketball knowledge.  Rest assured.  Saying that Rondos sole job is to make assists demonstrates the depth of your knowledge.  As for the All stars surrounding him, you are then saying that since Derick Fisher is a better shooter, he is more valuable to the Lakers than Rondo is to the Celtics. Give me a freaking break.  Go to google and check out what some others think.  You wont find rondo rated anywhere less than 4th as a point guard.  And yes, he is the point guard who was first team all defense last year.  I guess those that voted him on that team don't "really know" basketball. The argument is NOT would you rather have spot up shooters or shot creators but rather some of each because they compliment each other very well.  Once again, Miami has plenty of creators but a record only slightly above 500.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="925002" timestamp="1291400737"]
Evidentally we have a lot of guys who were spot up shooters in HS.  No one is bursting my bubble on Rondo, I know basketball and I am not going to argue on this subject anymore.  It is stupid.  Rondo can not shoot, he is a very average passer, he may have alot of assists but that is his sole job and he is surrounded by All-Stars.  Makes for a great team, exectaly what the Celtics have.  Does not make him a good passer.  And I am sorry about saying Rondo couldnt  shoot, I forgot about layups. 

Anyone that would argue that they would rather have someone who can only make shots created for them vs. someone that can create his own and make shots from others is not thinking straight. That is a simple statement and a simple answer.  1 player can do both the other player can sit in the corner and hope someone gets him a shot so he can shoot.

The best players in the game could create their own shots.  Plain and simple.  I dont have to post youtube videos (of one clip which I didnt even take the time to watch).  It is just common sense.
Good luck to the Bosha and HF players, wish them the best.  Have a great day.  Im through with this topic.
[/quote]

If you TRULY believe he is an average passer you have NO IDEA what is going on.  I don't care if it is his only job.........he is damn good at it. Again I will say this......if you cannot admit that Rajan Rondo is a great passer........you have no room even TALKING about basketball.

[quote name="sleepy" post="925018" timestamp="1291401763"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=76916.msg925002#msg925002 date=1291400737]

[/quote]

If you TRULY believe he is an average passer you have NO IDEA what is going on.  I don't care if it is his only job.........he is dang good at it. Again I will say this......if you cannot admit that Rajan Rondo is a great passer........you have no room even TALKING about basketball.
[/quote]

Sleepy- Its real simple.  There are some who believe that the answer to everything is how well you "shake and bake"  There are others who believe that the team concept is the better approach because it uses all of the skills in basketball as opposed to just the ones that cause the "oohs" and "ahs" from the crowd.

[quote name="hjhawks" post="924025" timestamp="1291267816"]
Blue.... where did you want your sons to go instead of HF?
[/quote]Sorry, I missed your question. But to answer your question: A school that has serious goals to march towards a State Championship and instill in their kids a winning attitude. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• Where were the 8 Omaha teams in D1's preseason top 25 poll... 2. Florida 8. A&M 9. Tennessee 13. N.C.State 14. Virginia 15. North Carolina Kentucky - unranked Florida State - unranked
    • That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump. Somehow you didn't acknowledge my pleas for you to die a painful death. I was quite certain that is how you would have interpreted my previous post. I guess when your focus is Trump 24/7, nothing else matters.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
    • Wow. Do you actually believe your little scenario has any chance of alleviating you of your moral immaturity? Deflection at it's best...or worse. You seem to be a sad case. If you died today, I would be remiss if not attributing your cause of death to severe TDS, and of course, Covid. Look at that. I just made a joke about your death. You did not get offended. Nobody was offended. Not one person will accuse me of being hateful towards fellow human beings. But yet, you hate Trump because he made a similar crude comment about McCain. You tried to attribute that comment as evidence Trump hates the military. What grade level of schoolchildren do you think is laughing at you for that "less that adolescent" (hint, hint) comment. You used one crude comment in an attempt to justify your TDS. Now, when called on it, you try to deflect the whole topic. You are certainly not having any fun with this, but you sure are providing entertainment for the board. It's a shame you can't join in on the fun. I think even Big Girl might be to the point of giggling at the shamelessness you are exhibiting.
  • Topics