Is Hj's "Zjori Bosha" The Best Freshman in our area??

Betrayed

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="923802" timestamp="1291247328"]
I thought this topic was about Zjori Bosha?? Let me reiterate, Bosha is the best Freshman in our area. After Bosha its a toss up between that left handed Freshman from Central and Lil Dove...
[/quote]

So did I - but I felt like you wanted a response to your "cornucopia issue".  I was very interested in your comment about people  lacking sensitivity to the needs of others.  I see evidence of that very issue often in the LIttle Dribblers programs.  Oddly enough, it spans the entire social and economic spectrum and is not confined to one segment as some would like to have us believe. Sometimes, it is difficult to understand the "needs" of others and, as you said, we all ought to try to do a better job at doing so.  At the same time, as you said earlier, if we have a strong need, there is no better way to satisfy that need than by doing all you can to realize it within the boundaries prescribed by society.  If I am selling ice cream and business gets bad, it is useless to cry that the ice cream company is advertising improperly or that the product is no good.  The answer is for me to find a way to get more customers.  If I put my energy into solving that issue, the chances to sell more ice cream increase substantially while complaining about advertising or product quality will do nothing except lessen my enthusiasm and hence even fewer ice cream sales.  I know this for a fact.  Have faced it my entire life.  In this particular instance, sensitivity from others was totally irrelevant.  As a result, I will be able to go to my grave without resentment and bitterness.

PA Memorial has a few freshmen that are better.  Silsbee definately has one that is better that is 6'1.  East Chambers has the next Tremaine Thomas there in a freshmen.  Nederland has a big kid that's 6'3 that Im pretty sure he couldnt handle.  I wont name names, but Ive seen all of them play and I can guarantee he is not better. 

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="923846" timestamp="1291253527"]
I LIKE your ice cream analysis. That's why you have subsidiaries.
[/quote]

The ice cream analogy is very basic and appropriate.  You could not sell more ice cream by getting on a board similar to this and telling everybody how sorry the ice cream company is.  That would actually make what buyers are left hesitant to buy from a bad company.  Therefore, when approaching that problem with malice, the ice cream salesman winds up screwing only himself even though he thought it was a way to bolster his own credibility.  (very typical  of those "less mentally equipped" which is quite amazing because they believe they are being quite "crafty" and "ingenious")By the way dove, if there are no ice cream sales, there wont be any subsidiaries.  Best example I can give you are Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Mercury.

[quote name="38 years" post="923853" timestamp="1291254286"]
PA Memorial has a few freshmen that are better.  Silsbee definately has one that is better that is 6'1.  East Chambers has the next Tremaine Thomas there in a freshmen.  Nederland has a big kid that's 6'3 that Im pretty sure he couldnt handle.  I wont name names, but Ive seen all of them play and I can guarantee he is not better. 
[/quote]have you seen zjori play? I played a against him and the kid from nederland last year and I can gaurentee you zjori is better I don't know about the EC player only played them in 7th and never played silsbee or PA

[quote name="stevenash" post="923856" timestamp="1291254497"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=76916.msg923846#msg923846 date=1291253527]
[/quote]

The ice cream analogy is very basic and appropriate.  You could not sell more ice cream by getting on a board similar to this and telling everybody how sorry the ice cream company is.  That would actually make what buyers are left hesitant to buy from a bad company.  Therefore, when approaching that problem with malice, the ice cream salesman winds up screwing only himself even though he thought it was a way to bolster his own credibility.  (very typical  of those "less mentally equipped" which is quite amazing because they believe they are being quite "crafty" and "ingenious")By the way dove, if there are no ice cream sales, there wont be any subsidiaries.  Best example I can give you are Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Mercury.
[/quote]Nash, the thing with HF is no big deal. I personally came under systems where the best players moved up and played. Plain and simple.At HF it's not programmed that way. High school ball gets you ready to compete during the summer ball. I actually tried to talk my son from attending HF. But he wanted to attend. I honored his wishes.  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="923924" timestamp="1291258963"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=76916.msg923856#msg923856 date=1291254497]
[/quote]

[/quote]Nash, the thing with HF is no big deal. I personally came under systems where the best players moved up and played. Plain and simple.At HF it's not programmed that way. High school ball gets you ready to compete during the summer ball. I actually tried to talk my son from attending HF. But he wanted to attend. I honored his wishes.  ;)
[/quote]  Am I hearing you correctly?  You would rather see him win a bunch of AAU games as opposed to a State Championship?

[quote name="stevenash" post="923931" timestamp="1291259541"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=76916.msg923924#msg923924 date=1291258963]
[/quote]

[/quote]   Am I hearing you correctly?  You would rather see him win a bunch of AAU games as opposed to a State Championship?
[/quote]State is great for Spring.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="923940" timestamp="1291260138"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=76916.msg923931#msg923931 date=1291259541]
[/quote]

[/quote]   Am I hearing you correctly?  You would rather see him win a bunch of AAU games as opposed to a State Championship?
[/quote]Sound lliek you are foresseing this as a career possibility.

[quote name="stevenash" post="923942" timestamp="1291260222"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=76916.msg923940#msg923940 date=1291260138]
[/quote]

[/quote]Goals! Sports = life lessons

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="923944" timestamp="1291260632"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=76916.msg923942#msg923942 date=1291260222]
[/quote]

[/quote] IF the NBA doesnt come calling, I have an ice cream subsidiary worth considering and there is NO universsal off season.

Let me try and paint you a very true picture. No bragging just facts! Picture a players of Austin Rivers' talent on a team you have to compete against on a regular basis. The focus and mental prep is at a high level. NC, Wake Forest, etc are in attendance with their notebooks. And you're only in the 8th grade. High school is the fun part to play with your friends, memories and goals of reaching the highest level you can obtain in high school. You can't go to the parks anymore and compete against the best kids in your area. maybe it's Xbox, I dunno. You're getting calls to attend a camp (just you, not your AAU TEAM) out of State because all the top players in your age bracket are coming to compete against each other. Your kid's way is paid. Man, I'm not making this up. I teach to play up and play better players. Don't make it easy for yourself and settle. So , to see a kid having to play down is an adjustment because it goes against my principles I'm teaching and played by.

[quote name="stevenash" post="923950" timestamp="1291260924"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=76916.msg923944#msg923944 date=1291260632]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=76916.msg923942#msg923942 date=1291260222]
[/quote]

[/quote] IF the NBA doesnt come calling, I have an ice cream subsidiary worth considering and there is NO universsal off season.
[/quote]Has nothing to do with NBA

IDK if the HJ kid is the best individual freshman in the area or not i havnt seen all of them play but, as of right now he is the only one that seems to be putting up big numbers on his varsity team so as of right now i would have to vote yes he is the best but who knows if he still is the best in a couple of months. lets see if he can continue to cotribute to his team at a high level

He has scored in double figures in all four of the Hawks game and hit 8 three's against Anahuac last night!!!!  He is not a star yet, but you can see it in him.  He is raw still, but has the tools to be successful.  He is long and lanky!!!  He is 6'2 and can tell he will be a few inches taller just by looking at his frame.

No one knows the future and I think it is foolish to predict a 8th grader or freshman player to make the NBA.  I have heard those same stories all my life.  What usually happens is the kid matures early and hits a plattue and stays at the same level from the 8th/freshman to senior year.  I dont want to take anything away from anybody but a dose of reality dosent hurt. 

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="923962" timestamp="1291262417"]
Let me try and paint you a very true picture. No bragging just facts! Picture a players of Austin Rivers' talent on a team you have to compete against on a regular basis. The focus and mental prep is at a high level. NC, Wake Forest, etc are in attendance with their notebooks. And you're only in the 8th grade. High school is the fun part to play with your friends, memories and goals of reaching the highest level you can obtain in high school. You can't go to the parks anymore and compete against the best kids in your area. maybe it's Xbox, I dunno. You're getting calls to attend a camp (just you, not your AAU TEAM) out of State because all the top players in your age bracket are coming to compete against each other. Your kid's way is paid. Man, I'm not making this up. I teach to play up and play better players. Don't make it easy for yourself and settle. So , to see a kid having to play down is an adjustment because it goes against my principles I'm teaching and played by.
[/quote]

If the kid is this good and he is not on HF's varsity there are some severe issues over there.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="924013" timestamp="1291265715"]
He has scored in double figures in all four of the Hawks game and hit 8 three's against Anahuac last night!!!!  He is not a star yet, but you can see it in him.  He is raw still, but has the tools to be successful.  He is long and lanky!!!  He is 6'2 and can tell he will be a few inches taller just by looking at his frame.
[/quote]Good points

[quote name="east texas bb" post="924021" timestamp="1291266848"]
No one knows the future and I think it is foolish to predict a 8th grader or freshman player to make the NBA.  I have heard those same stories all my life.  What usually happens is the kid matures early and hits a plattue and stays at the same level from the 8th/freshman to senior year.  I dont want to take anything away from anybody but a dose of reality dosent hurt. 
[/quote]True! But you still put a player in situations to improve and challenge them. The problem with many kids is that they stop working or the parents put them in what I refer to now as "little dribbler' ball. No competition but situations where they are top dog on their little block.

[quote name="stevenash" post="923618" timestamp="1291230172"]
[quote author=Scalabrine link=topic=76916.msg923589#msg923589 date=1291227864]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=76916.msg923549#msg923549 date=1291225529]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=76916.msg923547#msg923547 date=1291225433]
[quote author=Scalabrine link=topic=76916.msg923518#msg923518 date=1291223624]
I think he's the best Freshman in our area and probaly a top 5 or 10 Freshman in the State. Maybe Bluedove can help me out with this 1  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Being a huge supporter of HJ hoops I would like to agree with you, but we are only 4 games into the season.  Yes, he has scored in double digits in all 4 games including games against Kountze, Nederland, Central and Anahuac....all quality opponents and three of four being on the road.

I think in the long term he will be very solid.
[/quote]

Was the Bosha kid one of the players who was going to be part of "the 4 year plan"?
[/quote]Yes, After Bosha is done, its gonna be awhile before you get another player from across the tracks. Only player thats left will be Trevion Benard and maybe that 6yr old that Davis coached against Monday Night. Its ashame he didn't draft him because of personal reasons ;D ;D ;D I totally understand. He's not in that plan for the future with all the '91 kids being the same age and always on the same team. Guess it'll mess with the chemistry. So we will gladly relocate before i allow him to be shafted ;)
[/quote]  "Always on the same team"?  Please do tell.  What players have been on the same team and for how many years?
[/quote]Is Scalabrine + Swag. I think I know who Scalabrine is.... :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder