Crosby Nederland Predictions??? 7PM Fri. At Crosby

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="1696dogs" post="906580" timestamp="1289628925"]
You know there are several young men sitting in a locker room right now not wanting to leave it for their last time and all this PNG fan can say is some bull---- comment. Ill take the high road and congratulate the boys from PNG. Good win tonight. And to my bulldog boys: I am so extremely proud of the athleticism and more importantly the class you show on and off the football field. You are an amazing group!
[/quote]
Exactly! I am not a big Nederland fan, obviously, but I respect the hell out of what ya'll accomplished this year after starting so slow. The injuries ya'll have had at qb the past few years have been unbelievable, but the dogs just keep plugging and find a way to win with who they have. I agree 100% about HIGH SCHOOL KIDS hurting after leaving the field for the last time...that is why I have taken so much offense to brenham fans taunting teams when they beat them. Please do not take one comment from a PNG fan and throw us all in the same boat, most of us were pulling for ya'll. Cooligan..I agree, y'all have a lot coming back and some good kids coming up, but to attack our upcoming kids in retaliation to one post, makes you look just as bad. Congrats to Crosby...evidently you guys get better as the season goes on, at least that has been the case the last 2 years. Good luck the rest of the way.

I will say it was fun while it lasted...But I will sleep better at night knowing my son (Trevin) will not be on the field on Friday nights because of the injury risk.. I will not bash the Nederland coaching staff because I did that enough last night .. Sorry guys kinda of a emotional night.. And I am still a competitor at heart..And some of you will never understand because you guys are the play callers..Even know you have kids playing highschool football it is not the same until you have to set in them stands and watch..I would like to say thanks to Monte and company for a good year even know I don't agree with everything y'all do  ;) That being said I wish the best for all the underclassmen ... Nederland has a good one comeing back to lead the offence with Carson at QB..And possibly the best linebacker core in the district..With no doubt the best D-Line returning..I hope you guys have learned a little something from Trevin this year ( It is all about being a team player and playing  FEAR-LESS FOOTBALL ) so good luck next year and I will be watching :)

[quote name="ndnnation" post="906492" timestamp="1289626325"]
Too funny...Nederland can't beat a team PNG beat by 31. Wow!
[/quote]
C'mon dude, lets show a little more class. I would have bet a bundle of money on Nederland in this one , and still would if they played Crosby again next week. Nederland overcame some bad breaks early as far as injuries just as the last few years and still ended up in the playoffs. Congrats on a good season , and I still have to accept the fact you have the bragging rights for Mid County for the rest of the year.

[quote name="BaseBow" post="906769" timestamp="1289661278"]
I will say it was fun while it lasted...But I will sleep better at night knowing my son (Trevin) will not be on the field on Friday nights because of the injury risk.. I will not bash the Nederland coaching staff because I did that enough last night .. Sorry guys kinda of a emotional night.. And I am still a competitor at heart..And some of you will never understand because you guys are the play callers..Even know you have kids playing highschool football it is not the same until you have to set in them stands and watch..I would like to say thanks to Monte and company for a good year even know I don't agree with everything y'all do  ;) That being said I wish the best for all the underclassmen ... Nederland has a good one comeing back to lead the offence with Carson at QB..And possibly the best linebacker core in the district..With no doubt the best D-Line returning..I hope you guys have learned a little something from Trevin this year ( It is all about being a team player and playing  FEAR-LESS FOOTBALL ) so good luck next year and I will be watching :)
Good post and if you played hard as you could and walked off the field not hurt that is the real victory. I dont think the kids realize how speacial of a moment or how lucky they are to apart of a football team and play in the games. This is something that you realize with age and like you said sit in the stands.
[/quote]

Typical Nederland, squeaked in the playoffs and blew their opportunity getting out coached from a school with a whole lot less.  I guess the next thing we'll hear is it was the bands fault.  Come on Nederland band geeks, speak up I'm sure we'll hear from you with a thrillling 15 page thread on the band.  Nederland deserves much more than what we saw last night.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Domination Station" post="906825" timestamp="1289663476"]
Typical Nederland, squeaked in the playoffs and blew their opportunity getting out coached from a school with a whole lot less.  I guess the next thing we'll hear is it was the bands fault.  Come on Nederland band geeks, speak up I'm sure we'll hear from you with a thrillling 15 page thread on the band.  Nederland deserves much more than what we saw last night.
[/quote]

I'm all for Nederland and that there coach made a mistake by getting away from what was working. Especially putting the game in the hands of a sophomore when #9 was locked, cocked,and ready to rock.
BUT, to say Crosby had "a whole lot less" just makes you sound ignorant.

If you are from PNG, I would tend to my own knitting. Seems to me I recall Ned stomping a mudhole in your Injun behinds and you could not stop #9 either.

[quote name="Peppermint Patty" post="906883" timestamp="1289666370"]
[quote author=Domination Station link=topic=75637.msg906825#msg906825 date=1289663476]
[/quote]

I'm all for Nederland and that there coach made a mistake by getting away from what was working. Especially putting the game in the hands of a sophomore when #9 was locked, cocked,and ready to rock.
BUT, to say Crosby had "a whole lot less" just makes you sound ignorant.

If you are from PNG, I would tend to my own knitting. Seems to me I recall Ned stomping a mudhole in your Injun behinds and you could not stop #9 either.
[/quote]
WOW like that PP ;D

[quote name="Domination Station" post="906825" timestamp="1289663476"]
[/quote]

I would not say they had a whole lot less. Merka is a beast and their defensive line controlled our line of scrimmage all night. I am not sure what happened to them during district. I was talking to a guy from Dayton and he said that Crosby is the type of team that you never know who is gonna show up. Well, they showed up last night. Bad move IMO flipping for home and home but oh well. It is what it is. Congrats to Crosby....Good luck next week.

As for my Dogs....Well we just gotta get to work this offseason. We are returning a ton of kids and have some very good looking athletes coming up.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="907445" timestamp="1289686488"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=75637.msg907054#msg907054 date=1289673674]
If we meet up again next year in bi-district. Crosby's gotta come to the Dog Pound.  ;D

[/quote]

Yeah. well whats the odds.
[/quote]

Why, you dont think the coogs will be good enough next year?

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="908787" timestamp="1289759381"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=75637.msg907445#msg907445 date=1289686488]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=75637.msg907054#msg907054 date=1289673674]
If we meet up again next year in bi-district. Crosby's gotta come to the Dog Pound.  ;D

[/quote]

Yeah. well whats the odds.
[/quote]

Why, you dont think the coogs will be good enough next year?
[/quote]

Actually i expect both teams to be much better next year. and not hit each other in the playoffs. I expect the norm Crosby DIV seed 1 and i expect that Nederland will either be DIV2 or DIV1 #1. Because Crosby is got some extremely talented players coming up this next year. (They'll be growing pains but hay when isn't their), also i see livingston having a dropoff, and maybe Ozen having a good year. and central to have a good one as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder