*WO-S vs. BC Updates 6PM..28-0 WO-S Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

[quote name="jacf" post="885857" timestamp="1287886192"]
we did take a beating the following is the the reasons we got beat imo

1. wos came ready to play bc did not

2. wos had a great game plan to shut down menard

3. wos will knock your head off bc will try and dance with you

4. our non district schedule did not prepare us for the tough teams in district other than kirbyville

5. we got out coached by two great cooridinators. we couldnt run the ball and instead of throwing short
  routes whiched worked when we did about 3 times we tried to throw the ball deep all night

6. our defense cannot stop the run they didnt stop silsbee last week silsbee stopped themselves with
  fumbles

7. wos was the better team
[/quote]

Yet with a different result on a handful of plays, the ballgame could have been entirely different.  It has been a good season for the Cardinals and tonight doesn't change that.  Good luck to Coach Stump and the boys the rest of the way.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Rake1" post="885845" timestamp="1287885544"]
I, like many folks, believed this game would be closer all the way around. Hats off to a great WOS defense that showed incredible speed and was, as always, well prepared. Even though it was 14-0 I thought if BC scored after the long int return it may turn into a game, but again the Mustang D stood up. Just a textbook game plan that was well executed. In defense of BC they played it tough all the way to the end and can be proud of the effort. Congrats to both squads and good luck for the rest of the season. The playoff picture is crazy and should become  very interesting now.
[/quote]

Good post Rake. I agree with you, I was expecting it to be closer and thought that INT could have been a turning point in the game. But, the WOS defense just keeps getting better each week. BC got a little frustrated late but they kept on fighting. This loss opens the door for OF to get back into playoff contention and that game will be a tough one for BC.

[quote name="Sammy" post="885859" timestamp="1287886267"]
I still trying to figure out how WOS can have the ball 1st and 10...have a holding penalty and then have a 1st and 5??
[/quote]

Because they gained 40 on the play. Holding down field is a spot foul. The foul was committed 15 yds down field. Minus the 10 for holding and repeat first down. Thus first and 5.

[quote name="Sammy" post="885885" timestamp="1287887642"]
Gasilla, why would WOS repeat first down if WOS comitted the penalty?   
Where is the punishment??

[/quote]

They didn't get the 40 yard gain... they lost 10 yards from the spot of the foul (which happened 15 yds down field). BC had the choice to accept or decline, had they declined WOS would have had a first down at the 15 instead of first and 5 from the 50.

[quote name="Sammy" post="885885" timestamp="1287887642"]
Gasilla, why would WOS repeat first down if WOS comitted the penalty?   
Where is the punishment??

[/quote]Because the penalty happened beyond the 1st down marker. If BC declined it of course WOS keeps it were the ball went dead but since they accepted it its marked off from the spot and 1st down is replayed.

I must say this..after watching how both teams play..this was not the same BC team that I saw in Kville several weeks ago. Its crazy to say..but it wasnt. I dont know what was going on with the INTs and 4th down turnovers..it just wasnt the same team. No offense to WOS. WOS brought their A game tonight..but I was expecting a closer score IMO. BC needs to work out some kinks here and there and they should do just fine the rest of the season. To the BC players..play every game from now on like yall did us..the wins should come. To the WOS players..yall showed alot of class act tonight. Yall should go far this year.

The officiating was not bad tonight. A few blown calls, probably on both teams, but that always happens. I do have one question. I thought that defensive holding was an automatic first down. On one particular play BC threw an incomplete pass. I think the down was either 2nd or 3rd and 11 yards were needed for a first down. The refs called a defensive holding. They penalized WOS 10 yards and the down remained the same and the yardage needed for a first was 1 yard. I thought it should have been first and ten after the 10 yard penalty. The BC coaches did not complain about the resulting penalty so it must have been right. Just wondering.

[quote name="jacf" post="885876" timestamp="1287887005"]
bridge city had atr least three opportunities inside wos 20 but failed to put up any points...and yes if their defense doesnt show up to play orangefiled they will be in trouble....
[/quote]      uh, actually, I think bc only made it past the 50 one time, and that was on the interception return.

[quote name="kicker" post="885945" timestamp="1287890082"]
[quote author=jacf link=topic=74958.msg885876#msg885876 date=1287887005]
bridge city had atr least three opportunities inside wos 20 but failed to put up any points...and yes if their defense doesnt show up to play orangefiled they will be in trouble....
[/quote]      uh, actually, I think bc only made it past the 50 one time, and that was on the interception return.
[/quote]

Actually BC did have one drive from the BC 20 to the WOS 20 just before half

[quote name="kicker" post="885945" timestamp="1287890082"]
[quote author=jacf link=topic=74958.msg885876#msg885876 date=1287887005]
[/quote]

Wrong kicker. BC advanced to the WOS 15, 16, and 20. All three times they either lost yards or gained 0 yards and turned it over on downs each time.

[quote name="Cardinal Supporter" post="885941" timestamp="1287889918"]
The officiating was not bad tonight. A few blown calls, probably on both teams, but that always happens. I do have one question. I thought that defensive holding was an automatic first down. On one particular play BC threw an incomplete pass. I think the down was either 2nd or 3rd and 11 yards were needed for a first down. The refs called a densive holding. They penalized WOS 10 yards and the down remained the same and the yardage needed for a first was 1 yard. I thought it should have been first and ten after the 10 yard penalty. The BC coaches did not complain about the call so it must have been right. Just wondering.
[/quote]  the ball was 1, yard behind the line of scrimmage when the call ( horrible call) was made, hence it not being a first down.10 yards plus negative original yardage does not equal a first down. By the way, both of the defensive holding calls were horrible. Wos would pick the ball off, and all of a sudden, a penalty. I can understand charity, but really?? And yes, the officiating was terrible.

[quote name="kicker" post="885966" timestamp="1287890571"]
[quote author=Cardinal Supporter link=topic=74958.msg885941#msg885941 date=1287889918]
The officiating was not bad tonight. A few blown calls, probably on both teams, but that always happens. I do have one question. I thought that defensive holding was an automatic first down. On one particular play BC threw an incomplete pass. I think the down was either 2nd or 3rd and 11 yards were needed for a first down. The refs called a densive holding. They penalized WOS 10 yards and the down remained the same and the yardage needed for a first was 1 yard. I thought it should have been first and ten after the 10 yard penalty. The BC coaches did not complain about the call so it must have been right. Just wondering.
[/quote]  the ball was 1, yard behind the line of scrimmage when the call ( horrible call) was made, hence it not being a first down.10 yards plus negative original yardage does not equal a first down. By the way, both of the defensive holding calls were horrible. Wos would pick the ball off, and all of a sudden, a penalty. I can understand charity, but really?? And yes, the officiating was terrible.
[/quote]

I did not think it mattered where the defensive holding was called. I thought defensive holding was an automatic first down. But I guess not.

[quote name="Cardinal Supporter" post="885987" timestamp="1287891119"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=74958.msg885966#msg885966 date=1287890571]
[quote author=Cardinal Supporter link=topic=74958.msg885941#msg885941 date=1287889918]
[/quote]

I did not think it mattered where the defensive holding was called. I thought defensive holding was an automatic first down. But I guess not.
[/quote]  not totally sure, but I think defensive holding is different from pass interference. Interference is auto first down. Holding is ten I think. We should ask someone who knows. Lol.

Stats

BC       WO-S

First downs          11           24

Rushes-yards      30-86      49-338

Passing                39           56

Comp-Att-Int      4-21-1      4-9-3

Fumbles-Lost         2-1         1-0

Penalties-yards     4-30         7-68

INDIVIDUAL STATS

Rushing: Bridge City, Hunter Clark 11-63, Matt Menard 18-23, Tyler Roberts 1-0; WO-S, Mitchell 15-165, Lindsey 15-69, Roberts 2-38, Robinson 7-36, Salter 9-26, Justin Thomas 1-4.

Passing: Bridge City, Menard 4-21-1 39; WO-S, Salter 4-9-3 56.

Receiving: Bridge City, Tyler Roberts 2-18, Keith Read 1-13, Cameron Dishon 1-8; WO-S, Roberts 3-47, Derek Ledet 1-9.

[quote name="td" post="885968" timestamp="1287890579"]
[quote author=Cowboys8 link=topic=74958.msg885825#msg885825 date=1287884555]
Yeah see what happens this year bleed orange. Wos has no discipline yeah they beat us bad but y'all will never win it all cause there no discipline. 
[/quote]

What?
[/quote]

I wanted to ask the same thing!  How in the world can you say WOS has no discipline?  That is their foundation!

[quote name="Cowboys8" post="885834" timestamp="1287885025"]
Big deal y'all won a football wheres it going to get y'all in life no were
[/quote]

Cowboy8....You can't form a complete sentence, yet you expect this to be an insult?  There are plenty of WOS grads that have used football as their way to get to college.  There are also many that have done well just through academics and furthermore, I would guess that most have done better than yourself.  Like others have said before....my WOS education has served me and numerous others well!!

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="886047" timestamp="1287893514"]
[quote author=Cowboys8 link=topic=74958.msg885834#msg885834 date=1287885025]
Big deal y'all won a football wheres it going to get y'all in life no were
[/quote]

Cowboy8....You can't form a complete sentence, yet you expect this to be an insult?  There are plenty of WOS grads that have used football as their way to get to college.  There are also many that have done well just through academics and furthermore, I would guess that most have done better than yourself.  Like others have said before....my WOS education has served me and numerous others well!!
[/quote]i woulda had a wo-s education if it wasnt for not having open enrollment  :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The greatest point on all of this, and exactly what makes it a great day in SE Texas is the commercials are over!!!!  Phelan wasn’t all bad, Covey wasn’t all bad, but by the end of it I would have voted for Brewster’s “None of the above!”  Politicians serve their own interests and everyone’s politician is bad (except for theirs of course).  I personally am for: 1) Higher fuel prices, 2) More taxes and restrictions on private property owners, 3) Cancelling student-loan and even credit card debt, 4) Covid restrictions (bring back masks) 5) Giving more tax money away to countries at war (except Israel), 6) Tearing apart the nuclear family 7) Supporting college kids to protest anything and everything they want with no consequences, 😎 Higher and higher food prices 😎  Go Biden/Harris - just MASA (Make America Soft Again), Beto for a high-cabinet spot.
    • Thanks for the info, I didn't check the primary vote count.  I was posing that, based on anecdotal evidence, many who did not vote in the primary showed up for the runoff, and apparently voted for Phelan.  My next door neighbors were two that voted runoff only and voted for Covey, so it went both ways I guess.   The Houston Chronicle posted quotes from Covey accusing many Dems of voting in the runoff.  Obviously if they were able to vote in the runoff then they didn't vote in the primary, unless the voted in the Rep primary to begin with of course. .  "Covey’s campaign released a lengthy statement after the results came in, calling Phelan an “Austin swamp creature and King of the Democrats.” The campaign accused Phelan of courting Democrat voters in Jefferson County to bolster his early vote numbers, but Covey did not say he would seek a recount." Anyway, it looks like it's a done deal, until November. 
    • WooHoo, the RANGERS win today 6-1 and win the series with arizona. 1st series win in the last 6. Maybe things are starting to change!!!
    • That is what I thought but I figured you folks would be able to find it for sure. Was a little tougher back then with fewer teams in the playoffs. 
    • Bingo! I didn’t like the move, if Lamar would have stayed from the get go they could have benefited like McNeese did and be able to host confrence tournaments in Beaumont possibly… but I did hear LU is playing a big factor in bringing these schools back… which hope SLC rewards them in some way. 
  • Topics