Best West Brook QB Ever

BADSANTA

[quote name="bruiser92" post="884722" timestamp="1287807267"]
Chip Ambres hands down was the best QB in WB History.  James Brown and Kendrick Bernard are close seconds.  James Brown had very talented receivers and two future NFL offensive linemen protecting.  Chip just made it happen.
[/quote]
Come on Bruiser, give our QB some love. Brown was a junior when I played for WB and he was a beast with his feet and arm. Landry is the only one to win a state championship.

Gerald Landry without a doubt.  He made so many fantastic plays (with his arm and his feet) under playoff/championship pressure.  James & Chip are close but like others have said Gerald has the ring.  There were several plays in the championship run that were "make the play" or WB gets eliminated and Gerald would make the play.  One of many examples, the 4 down & 17 to go against Houston Memorial when time was almost running out.  Gerald "under pressure" throws a strike to Colbert for the first down.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="884822" timestamp="1287809284"]
[quote author=bruiser92 link=topic=74903.msg884722#msg884722 date=1287807267]
Chip Ambres hands down was the best QB in WB History.  James Brown and Kendrick Bernard are close seconds.  James Brown had very talented receivers and two future NFL offensive linemen protecting.  Chip just made it happen.
[/quote]
Come on Bruiser, give our QB some love. Brown was a junior when I played for WB and he was a beast with his feet and arm. Landry is the only one to win a state championship.
[/quote]

Ok ok.  I was there when Brown played and was announcer during the Ambres years.  Too young to know Landry...sorry, but He's not the name you hear when people talk about '82.  Who would you say were the top 3 impact players of the '82 team?  Include defense and special teams.  Is Landry one?

Gerald Landry without a doubt was the best QB ever @ WB ! Who else has won a State Championship @ the Brook ? Don't forget he also lead the 1981 Beaumont Hebert Panthers to the 4-A State Semi-Finals losing to  eventual State Finalist Houston Willowridge.

The Willowridge team featured 2007 NFL Hall of Fame Inductee Thurman Thomas who played RB. Thomas intercepted a Gerald Landry pass late in the game to seal the victory for the Eagles.

The remaining list of talented WB Quarterbacks include the following and their rank in my opinion:

2. James Brown

3. Chip Ambres

4. Kendrick Bernard

5. Bruce Reyes

6. James Guidry

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder