LCM @ Ozen Predictions

Bearclaw

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="858283" timestamp="1285523751"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73511.msg858256#msg858256 date=1285523008]
[quote author=premieravp link=topic=73511.msg858217#msg858217 date=1285521767]
LCM is averaging 45 ppg.  Although Ozen possesses some amazing speed, I'm going to say LCM 54 - 12.
[/quote]Ozen held West Brook to 28 points.  No way in heck LC-M scores 54.  Reyes and Cunnigan is way better that Gonzalez and Sonnier, IMO..
[/quote]

Haha that is a silly thing to say, because Central just put up 41 against them.  And West Brook shot themselves in the foot that whole game.  That being said, I think last week's game was way closer than the score.  It should be a really good one.
[/quote]Why is it silly?  Central came out of the bye week a better team.  That's why we blew Ozen out.  But those receivers and that Qb they have are scary...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="858256" timestamp="1285523008"]
LCM is averaging 45 ppg.  Although Ozen possesses some amazing speed, I'm going to say LCM 54 - 12.
[/quote]Ozen held West Brook to 28 points.  No way in heck LC-M scores 54.  Reyes and Cunnigan is way better that Gonzalez and Sonnier, IMO..
[/quote]Dont bet on that..

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="858180" timestamp="1285518281"]
[/quote]I ask this all the time.  What do you mean by 'undisciplined'?
[/quote]

I'm going to take a stab at this, but my answer will be mine and not his...

A lot of times, kids who have a lot of talent let it go to their heads.  Coaches are advisers, and not someone to be paid attention to.  Because of that talent, and the feeling that you know all there is to know about the game, you will do what you want.  At times this results in not everyone being on the same page, sometimes it results in stupid penalties (holding, pass interference, and sometimes personal fouls).  what this does is take the talent that is already there, and check it with the discipline that isn't.  It's like daddy ball, only it's the kids that know more than the coaches do, or actually, THINK they do.  When you have a kid who feels he has to work because he doesn't have as much talent, you get a kid that follows directions, and has a strong work ethic.  When you have a kid that is scary talented, sometimes that results in a kid who feels the team has to mold to him, instead of him molding to the team. 

[quote name="LTrain" post="858303" timestamp="1285524118"]
[/quote]

Are you crazy l-train..reyes in on qanother level

[quote name="elhector1" post="858604" timestamp="1285541059"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73511.msg858180#msg858180 date=1285518281]
I ask this all the time.  What do you mean by 'undisciplined'?
[/quote]

I'm going to take a stab at this, but my answer will be mine and not his...

A lot of times, kids who have a lot of talent let it go to their heads.  Coaches are advisers, and not someone to be paid attention to.  Because of that talent, and the feeling that you know all there is to know about the game, you will do what you want.  At times this results in not everyone being on the same page, sometimes it results in stupid penalties (holding, pass interference, and sometimes personal fouls).  what this does is take the talent that is already there, and check it with the discipline that isn't.  It's like daddy ball, only it's the kids that know more than the coaches do, or actually, THINK they do.  When you have a kid who feels he has to work because he doesn't have as much talent, you get a kid that follows directions, and has a strong work ethic.  When you have a kid that is scary talented, sometimes that results in a kid who feels the team has to mold to him, instead of him molding to the team. 
[/quote]

Yes sir that's exactly what I meant.

[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73511.msg858607#msg858607 date=1285541548]
No, I don't think that's what he meant.  Matter of fact, I don't even think he have seen Ozen play this year...
[/quote]

I apologize if it seemed that I spoke as if I had seen them before, as I have not. I've heard that being said of ozen from several good sources.

[quote name="supermario" post="858636" timestamp="1285544770"]
[quote author=LTrain link=topic=73511.msg858303#msg858303 date=1285524118]
[/quote]

Are you crazy l-train..reyes in on qanother level
[/quote]
I am curious just what are you basing your remark on?

I know lcm will keep scoring like they have been but if they can play defense like they did against lumberton then lcm by a few touchdowns.
Good to see elmore back on defense cause he made some great plays on the qb friday.
Ozen always has the athletes to put a good team together so you can never look past them.
I cant wait to see this top notch facility though.

i think this will be the week that ozen even up the district race by joining the 1-1 crew in the district. i feel that in order for a team to make it out of district play with at least a legitimate shot is tow games. two games is all you can afford to lose in this race. i predict it will be a log jam at 1-1. central will be the lone team at 2-0. which will make it very interesting for each team

Going with the Bears on this one, although I think it will be closer than a lot of the predictions on here. Long plays by the Bears will be more difficult with the speed of Ozen. If LC-M's defense shows up like they did Friday night, Ozen will have a tough time moving the ball....Should be an excellent ballgame for the fans....

As seeing the Bears only improve by leaps and bounds every game, I say the Ozen Panthers better bring their A game.  We are tough and have been playing lights out.  My Bears better not think for a moment Ozen is not for real though....It will be homecoming and the Panthers are coming off a loss.  That's gonna make them hungry for a "W". Plus they have quick athletes who at any moment can turn it on.  I say "Butch's house" is the place to be Friday night!!!  It's gonna be a battle BUT the Bears roll to 5-0!!!!

LCM 35
Ozen 28

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="858302" timestamp="1285524096"]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=73511.msg858283#msg858283 date=1285523751]
[/quote]

Haha that is a silly thing to say, because Central just put up 41 against them.  And West Brook shot themselves in the foot that whole game.  That being said, I think last week's game was way closer than the score.  It should be a really good one.
[/quote]Why is it silly?  Central came out of the bye week a better team.  That's why we blew Ozen out.  But those receivers and that Qb they have are scary...
[/quote]

Ask anyone from Lumberton.... LCM came out of THEIR bye week a MUCH BETTER TEAM.

LCM by 21+

Ozen needs to get it together quick, with LCM coming to town Friday off a very impressive win over previously undefeated Lumberton. There is no room for mistakes in this contest,if Ozen plays the way they did against Central this one will be over by halftime. Q.B. Hunter Gonzales and the LCM Bears are the Real Deal. That's why they were my original pick to win District 20-4A.

Ozen needs to throw more on first down and stay out of 3rd and long situations,this is creating too many 3 downs and out. The QB and Receivers need to protect the football better. You simply can't make those mistakes and expect to win ball games. The running game needs immediate improvement and their defense needs to tackle better and be more consisitent overall against the run and pass. Too many tackles are being made down field by the DB'S. Their secondary also gave up too many big plays against Central.

If these things are corrected,then Ozen will find itself in contention for a playoff spot. If not,start preparing for next season. This is a MUST win for the Panthers !  Ozen -35 LCM -31

[quote name="SASQUASH22" post="859195" timestamp="1285614807"]
Ozen needs to get it together quick, with LCM coming to town Friday off a very impressive win over previously undefeated Lumberton. There is no room for mistakes in this contest,if Ozen plays the way they did against Central this one will be over by halftime. Q.B. Hunter Gonzales and the LCM Bears are the Real Deal. That's why they were my original pick to win District 20-4A.

Ozen needs to throw more on first down and stay out of 3rd and long situations,this is creating too many 3 downs and out. The QB and Receivers need to protect the football better. You simply can't make those mistakes and expect to win ball games. The running game needs immediate improvement and their defense needs to tackle better and be more consisitent overall against the run and pass. Too many tackles are being made down field by the DB'S. Their secondary also gave up too many big plays against Central.

If these things are corrected,then Ozen will find itself in contention for a playoff spot. If not,start preparing for next season. This is a MUST win for the Panthers !  Ozen -35 LCM -31
[/quote]

That's a WHOLE lot of improvement to be made in a week against an ever improving LCM team!  The only way Ozen wins this game is if LCM doesnt show.

ozen needs to open up the offense. they have all that speed so use it. open up do some spread type stuff. the reason people use it is to make people play east/west and north/south. everyone is a threat in spread. i think creativity is the key for success. motion, counters, bubbles, option, formations, wr-sweeps, wr-bubbles, qb-traps, rb/qb counters, and you can mix motion with counter. creativity is the key. dont  limited yourself. [b]ozen 34 lcm 27[/b]. if not ozen is just a run and shoot team

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="858302" timestamp="1285524096"]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=73511.msg858283#msg858283 date=1285523751]
[/quote]

[/quote]come on soulja i just got though saying cental is a good team but they didnt just blow ozen out. like a bears bear said it was closer then what the score said turn overs doc. if ozen show up and play their game its going to be a good one.with that said
ozen-24
bears-21

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder