*Nederland 14 Vidor 24 Final/ Comments

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="EX-Ceauxch" post="856262" timestamp="1285386973"]
You win some, you lose some. If we had made the 42yd FG and converted the 4th and 7...and won. No one would be second guessing. Just the way it goes some times. Tomorrow is a new day.

Go Dogs.
[/quote]Great attitude! This is only the first game....

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="856256" timestamp="1285386820"]
Just maybe Andrew Lack had a good point?
[/quote]
He did.. Everyone jumped on me when I said he was right.. Now I wonder if everyone still disagrees with me? That being said.. This one is mostly on the coaches.. Neumann shouldve pulled forney and put in raines, but his ego is too big for that..

Guest bleed orange
I listened to the Vidor QB on the tailgate party talking about the game. This kid is awesome. His parents should be proud for raising such a fine young man. Reggie is looking down on you and saying "Stay the course".  Wow is all I can say.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="856275" timestamp="1285387435"]
I listened to the Vidor QB on the tailgate party talking about the game. This kid is awesome. His parents should be proud for raising such a fine young man. Reggie is looking down on you and saying "Stay the course".  Wow is all I can say.
[/quote]

I was saying that exact same thing on another thread when a "VIDOR" fan was bashing him.  I dont see him bashing him now.  Dont worry Dogs,  We have the same kind of fair weather fans that post on these boards to.  Heros this week,  Heals the next.  I know your secondary had some studs in shorts on the sideline tonight.  You guys will be fine.  Good luck the rest of the way and way to go Pirates.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="856245" timestamp="1285386711"]
That Nick Dozier is a class act. That young man just did a interview with Channel 6.
[/quote]

I agree, The interview was awesome. Very mature young man for his age. Congrats to his parents for raising such a fine young man.

I was simply shocked at how much better our DBs looked this week compared to the last 2.  I do think that Nederland may not have been quite as strong as our other opponents (and maybe I am wrong--no offense intented) but our DBs were actually playing decent. 

But do not count Nederland out yet.  They will keep improving as they get healthier.  But tonight Vidor won the game on all fronts.  And I would have to agree with some of the NED posters, that Vidor won the coaching battle tonight as well.  I know some of those calls could have worked out differently, but I did not understand them at all.

Good Luck Dogs going forward....and Congrats to Pirate Players...Great Game!

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="kcat-fan" post="856295" timestamp="1285388000"]
good win Pirates ;D
[/quote]

I agree, good win Pirates. Nobody picked you to win, not even me. Got to love the underdog.

[quote name="pirate68" post="856318" timestamp="1285388537"]
Great  job Pirates!!!!! Defense was much improved..Hats off to the secondary players and coaches you could tell they have really been working hard the last two weeks and it showed.
[/quote]
Man, I was about to say the exact same thing. The defense that looked sloppy in the BC and K-ville games looked totally turned around tonight. Sure there were a few miscues. Forney overthrew his receivers a lot ... which helped us out since we were giving them ten-yard cushions. But, the way we were swarming to the ball for the most part tonight was impressive. Way to go team and coaches for using that bye week wisely to tighten up things on the defensive side.
As for the offense, well, what can I say? Other than the kneel-down before halftime with three seconds on the clock instead of trying for another field goal, I thought the offense was really doing what it does best tonight. The kicking game left a little to be desired, but everything looks better when you pull off a win. I'm sure he'll be practicing from the hashmarks a lot more this week after tonight. LOL!  ;D
But, overall, good job Pirates. Now let's get ready for Lumberton...

Guest tappedout
Nederland is going to be strong in the next 3 year's straight, it would benefit them more down the road to go ahead and insert Raines and let him take his lumps. They would be much better in the future because I doubt very seriously that they will make the playoff's this season. I know the parent's who have kid's on the team that are senior's will disagree but this would be the smartest approach this team could take. There will be more player's and fan's second guessing their coach next week.

I really think the coaches were wanting the QB to spike the ball.  Remember Dozier was out for that series after getting banged up on the TD QB sneak.  I think the backup qb just misunderstood what they wanted him to do.
Defensive front had very little inside penetration on pass plays, Forney had lots of time to throw, looked like they were more concerned that he might run and were trying to contain at the line of scrimmage.  

Congrats to Jeff and the Pirates Ya'll played great football tonight.  

Dogs, saw a lot of positive thing happen tonight.  Keep working hard it will come ..  Lets get ready for the purple and white.

Good Luck to both teams in the rest of district play......

Congrats Pirates. You guys came to play. I was impressed with your backfield speed. The defense played a great game as well. Nederland has lots of problems right now. The defense looks great for 3 or 4 plays, then BAMMM, LONG TD run. On offense, we are a mess right now. I can't stand the spread offense, but we are convinced for some reason it's the way to go. Nederland has a ton of potential, but just not making the plays right now. Can we please take the fake punt out of the playbook? I think we are 0 for 20 on that play the last few years.  Nederland can still be a dangerous opponent, but until we stop giving up long plays, foolish penalties, and turning the ball over, I think we are just gonna be a "spoiler". Plenty of season left to fix these things, but the time is now. I am not gonna stop supporting the kids, they never seem to quit. I would, however, like to see us get our swagger back. We will have to play MUCH, MUCH better to compete with PN-G next week. Good luck Pirates on the rest of your season and good game tonight. You guys earned it.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="midcountymadness" post="856442" timestamp="1285391879"]
Is this what we can expect in years where our talent level is about the same as Vidor?
[/quote]

Yes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder