*Nederland 14 Vidor 24 Final/ Comments

Guest JoesBros

[quote name="bigdog" post="856008" timestamp="1285383660"]
Sounds like we still have the same problem, letting the running back turn the corner and get loose.  Some things don't change.   Of course all of the controversy this week didn't help either.  Good game Vidor.
[/quote]
actually i think the 2 60 yard runs right up the gut by Clark sealed the deal

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigdog" post="856027" timestamp="1285383872"]
I wasn't there , the announcers made it sound like they got around the end.  Anyway how they did it doesn't matter, its the fact that they did get loose.
[/quote]
well when ned had the 5 man line vidor was hitting the edges, when ned went to the 4 man line, clark busted big runs up the middle, it was a bit of pick your poison imo

[quote name="1696dogs" post="856119" timestamp="1285384691"]
Yes I was. Never miss. I'm there from warm ups till the lights go out.
[/quote]

Good.. I wish everyone was like you and I.. I support the team 100%.. And I believe our boys played hard.. But our coaches aren't giving them a chance to win.. On 90% of first downs tonight, what play did barrow call? Answer: the same run play we've ran all year! Next, why do you attempt a 42 yd field goal on 4th and inches with a 6'5 qb who can get under center and fall forward? And lastly, a fake punt on 4th and 7 on your own 25.. Need I say more?? And don't jump on me like I'm the only one who feels this way.. Everyone around me tonight felt the same.. It was pretty unanimous...

Off the soapbox for now..

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="856212" timestamp="1285386045"]
No matter how hard you try to spin it..Nederland is in a world of hurt! Wonder if they will win another game this season?
[/quote]
well they have a chance to next week, and the week after that, and the week after that, etc. as chris berman would say "that's why they play the game"

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="856201" timestamp="1285385773"]
all i will do is repeat my earlier post: it is alot easier to coach from the stands after you see the result of the play than it is to call the play on the field. Remember, coaching is their job, they get paid to coach because they know what they are doing (except Wade Phillips and Jason Garret).
[/quote]

That only goes so far vp.. I would never condone a fake punt on 4th and 7.. And I would definitely go for a 4th and inches (qb sneak)  EVERYTIME, when my line outweighs their line by 50-100 lbs a player.. I'm not being a second guesser here.. I'm being a first guesser.. its just common sense stuff.. Not coaching..

I like common sense post.  Common sense if rare around these parts.  :D

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="856223" timestamp="1285386270"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=73383.msg856201#msg856201 date=1285385773]
all i will do is repeat my earlier post: it is alot easier to coach from the stands after you see the result of the play than it is to call the play on the field. Remember, coaching is their job, they get paid to coach because they know what they are doing (except Wade Phillips and Jason Garret).
[/quote]

That only goes so far vp.. I would never condone a fake punt on 4th and 7.. And I would definitely go for a 4th and inches (qb sneak)  EVERYTIME, when my line outweighs their line by 50-100 lbs a player.. I'm not being a second guesser here.. I'm being a first guesser.. its just common sense stuff.. Not coaching..
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="856231" timestamp="1285386447"]
I like common sense post.  Common sense if rare around these parts.   :D

[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=73383.msg856223#msg856223 date=1285386270]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=73383.msg856201#msg856201 date=1285385773]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]I wish I could find the post where the Nederland guy said "Vidor won't win a game this year" all I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder