Breaking News: WO-S Quarterback Reggie Garrett Dies During Football Game

KFDM COOP

Earl Thomas' Twitter tonight: http://twitter.com/Earl_Thomas

"Hurting right now.keep the Garret family in ur prayers.we lost a great person tonight.and it effects the whole community.just wanna go home."

even those from Orange who were Mustangs still remember, from WOS, to UT to the NFL.  Shows what class kids Dan Hooks has.  As a parent who lost his son 14 years ago many prayers and blessings. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tragic and sad event. I have an old cowbell I ring at the games. When a kid goes down and leaves the game, I ring it extra loud for him. I doesn't make any difference to me what team he plays for or the colors he wears. I do it because I love these kids. Not one of them has any idea of how much pleasure they have given to me in the last 33 years I have been attending games. It truly breaks my heart to hear something like this. My road warrior friend and I pulled over when we heard this on the radio and said a prayer for Reggie and the boys all across America who play this game we (and they) love so much.

More prayers to come from Diboll for Reggie, his family and all the people who's lives this young man touched.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="850091" timestamp="1284788395"]
I am posting this as many places as I can and I pray the family sees it:

True story-

Seven years ago my oldest son had a birthday/slumber party with several of his buddies from school. I have to admit that the thought of 10, 10 year old boys the night before my youngest sons first baseball game (a team that I was coaching) was not my idea of a stellar night. The boys came over and, as expected, were a typical wild group of 10 yr olds. However, thru talking with the kids I found myself talking to a kindred spirit. A 10 year old that had the same passion for football that I did. We sat and talked football while all the other boys ran around like their hair was on fire. I finally got all of the boys to settle down and as they all went to sleep and finally shut up, that one kid and I started talking football again in the pitch dark amongst all of the snoring. We talked a bunch about it that night, but in those final hours in the dark he said what has stuck with me for years since. The following is what he told me, "Sometimes I feel like I was put on this earth to play football. When I have a football in my hands, it just feels right. When I am on the field, I feel like it's where I belong". The next year my son moved with his mother to Houston and he and that kid lost touch so I haven't had much contact with him since. But, I never forgot our conversation and how amazed I was at how a 10 year old knew so well what he loved and wanted to do. It was not until tonight that our Lord revealed to me the purpose of that conversation and why it has stuck with me for so long.

That boy's name was Reggie Garrett. Great student, great kid, friend, role model and athlete. I cannot understand why the things that happened tonight happened and my heart is broken into a million pieces for his family, friends and this community. I know God has a plan and as hard as it is right now I will keep my faith in that. I also thank God for that night and the pleasure it was to talk with that young man the way we did. He was special and even though our Lord saw fit to call him home early, I have no doubt that he took him doing what he loved most in this world.

I write this with a heavy heart and I cannot stop the tears. But, I feel like God is telling me to let the family know of his words and how he felt about what he was doing when he was called home. I know there is nothing that can ease the pain right now, but in time I pray that the words he told me so many years ago will bring some comfort to his mother and father.
[/quote]

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(   :'(   :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(   :'(  :'(  RIP Reggie, and I pray that somehow his family and friends can get through this.

From the Reservation. We Pray that the Lord will comfort the Garrett family, friends, team mates, coaches, class mates and the community. May you find peace in the Lords comfort and know that Reggie is with the Lord above. Lord please give a calm in the presence of not understanding, please place your hands and arms around all those that are hurting and show them your love, your comfort, your presence. Show them your footsteps in this time of pain. In Jesus' name ! Amen.

Speechless. Tears.
Took my breath away when I heard this.

May God comfort his family and the community of WOS.
The Lord bless you and keep you: the Lord make his face shine upon you: and be gracious to you: the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. (Numbers 6:24-26).
Amen.  

Friogal

'Still in shock.  I could hardly sleep last night.  This is saddening. 

I did not know Reggie directly, but the words I've read and heard from those who knew him give a very positive light on the young man.  From watching him play, I know he was a very good QB.  My prayers are devoted to the Garrett family and all of the WO-S family. 

To everyone reading this...please...find those people who are most dear to you and tell them you love them, and call upon the Lord today.  Tomorrow is never promised.  "Seek the Lord while He may be found.  Call on him while He is near." (Isaiah 55:6)

My wife looked up this young mans facebook page last night and I could not believe how mature, deep and profound he was. While most boys his age are consumed by meaningless things he seems to have been unusually thoughtfull. His parent(s) obviously did a fabulous job. Everyone in Kirbyville is praying for his family and all of the WOS team.

Guest Big12Fan
All I want to do is hold my son, and tell him how much I love him.  God has a Plan, even though we may not understand it. Thoughts and Prayers to the Garrett family as well as the entire WOS community.

Trajic events we don't understand.God is still in control and gives us faith & comfort that Reggie's passing will draw us closer and that yet the young man and leader of his team shall have Victory everlasting.We will miss him and grieve w/all the family and his memories will inspire others to bear witness that he who believes shall not die but have eternal life thru Jesus Christ who lives,Amen.

CNN did a GREAT story this morning on Reggie Garrett exemplifying that he was a straight "A" student, a team leader, wonderful friend, and had several colleges looking at him. My heart goes out to the West Orange-Stark community, Independent School District, friends, and most importantly, Reggie's family.  Condolences from Groves this morning.  You're in my thoughts and prayers. The Lord will give you strength and we are here for you.  God Bless You.

Guest incognito123
I went to bed last night hearing that he had a seizure and would be alright, woke up to the news that he has passed.  News like this really puts this game in perspective. Prayers to the garrett family.  I am broken over this.  It will forever affect how I watch this game!

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="850036" timestamp="1284785633"]
He fell right in front of me, i cant stop crying, God give them strength.
[/quote]wow coop nobody on this earth is prepared for this at a sporting event or life in general for someone  to drop dead in front of them certainly not somebody so young what aloss. My prayers or with all involved mostly the young mans family.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin