Breaking News: WO-S Quarterback Reggie Garrett Dies During Football Game

KFDM COOP

Would like to send our condolences from GCM and Baytown. I saw Reggie play in the Dayton scrimmage and have seen film on him. He was a special athlete and from what is said about him, a very special individual. I am  sure he will be missed. We will keep the family and community in our prayers.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philippians 4:8
Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellant or praiseworthy-- THINK ABOUT SUCH THINGS.

My thought and prayers are with the family, friends and team mates of Reggie.

I would hope and pray that all local teams would bear #12 on their jersey or helmets for the remainder of the season to show respect for a young man who had dedicated his life to the sports, class mates and school. I would also hope before each game played this friday night that a moment of silence and prayer be asked for his family and the flags at all stadiums be flown half mast in respect for the loss of Reggie.

[quote name="BigDog007" post="851984" timestamp="1284994332"]
Philippians 4:8
Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellant or praiseworthy-- THINK ABOUT SUCH THINGS.

My thought and prayers are with the family, friends and team mates of Reggie.

I would hope and pray that all local teams would bear #12 on their jersey or helmets for the remainder of the season to show respect for a young man who had dedicated his life to the sports, class mates and school. I would also hope before each game played this friday night that a moment of silence and prayer be asked for his family and the flags at all stadiums be flown half mast in respect for the loss of Reggie.
[/quote]
Well said!

Great Story....
[quote name="Gasilla" post="850091" timestamp="1284788395"]
I am posting this as many places as I can and I pray the family sees it:

True story-

Seven years ago my oldest son had a birthday/slumber party with several of his buddies from school. I have to admit that the thought of 10, 10 year old boys the night before my youngest sons first baseball game (a team that I was coaching) was not my idea of a stellar night. The boys came over and, as expected, were a typical wild group of 10 yr olds. However, thru talking with the kids I found myself talking to a kindred spirit. A 10 year old that had the same passion for football that I did. We sat and talked football while all the other boys ran around like their hair was on fire. I finally got all of the boys to settle down and as they all went to sleep and finally shut up, that one kid and I started talking football again in the pitch dark amongst all of the snoring. We talked a bunch about it that night, but in those final hours in the dark he said what has stuck with me for years since. The following is what he told me, "Sometimes I feel like I was put on this earth to play football. When I have a football in my hands, it just feels right. When I am on the field, I feel like it's where I belong". The next year my son moved with his mother to Houston and he and that kid lost touch so I haven't had much contact with him since. But, I never forgot our conversation and how amazed I was at how a 10 year old knew so well what he loved and wanted to do. It was not until tonight that our Lord revealed to me the purpose of that conversation and why it has stuck with me for so long.

That boy's name was Reggie Garrett. Great student, great kid, friend, role model and athlete. I cannot understand why the things that happened tonight happened and my heart is broken into a million pieces for his family, friends and this community. I know God has a plan and as hard as it is right now I will keep my faith in that. I also thank God for that night and the pleasure it was to talk with that young man the way we did. He was special and even though our Lord saw fit to call him home early, I have no doubt that he took him doing what he loved most in this world.

I write this with a heavy heart and I cannot stop the tears. But, I feel like God is telling me to let the family know of his words and how he felt about what he was doing when he was called home. I know there is nothing that can ease the pain right now, but in time I pray that the words he told me so many years ago will bring some comfort to his mother and father.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12