If you could have one rematch for your schools team...

Dayton vs Brenham 2009.  Dayton led by 10  with 7 minutes to play.  One fumble cost Dayton a state championship. Tivy would have gotten theirs and there's no doubt that Dayton would have beaten Aledo.  lAledo's offense played into what Dayton did defesnsively.  The two best teams were Brenham and Dayton in my opinion.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GoodwIN" post="805673" timestamp="1274844786"]
[color=purple][b]Brenham seems like yall are just a hated team, for crushing everones dreams..LOL J/K[/b][/color]
[/quote]

I know we have a target on our back now...  :D
I know the feeling...we were a yard short on a 4th and 2 from in the redzone, late in the 4th against Aledo.  Coach West said he would have gone for the fake PAT again if we scored.  That would have wasted some time and Gray wouldn't have had a chance to score that 81 yd td with under 2 mins to play...crushed our dreams and what would have been our first title.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="805442" timestamp="1274807865"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=69989.msg805413#msg805413 date=1274802150]
14 points just like that. #1 passed the ball down the left side line and the kid from wo-s did not even see the football, just running with the rec. #2 a busted def play everyone just walking around  CS just ran it up the middle. and yes  franks not being there HURT and (everyone knows it)
[/quote]

Coldspring had over 500 yards of offense.

No excuses Skip and Coop, Coldspring was just better.
[/quote]I called this game that week. Speed for speed from just the highlights i had seen from CS i knew they could match WO-S. and honestly with Franks they would have lost, just would have been a closer game cause Franks is guaranteed a TD in every game IMO.

[quote name="GoodwIN" post="805673" timestamp="1274844786"]
[color=purple][b]Brenham seems like yall are just a hated team, for crushing everones dreams..LOL J/K[/b][/color]
[/quote]Tell me about it...  I still Remember Brenham putting the smack down on My Jags in the second round of the playoffs in 2005. Our district champion Jags.  But I would not want to replay that game again... :D

Guest hardcore
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="805637" timestamp="1274840358"]
[quote author=hardcore link=topic=69989.msg805633#msg805633 date=1274840117]
kirbyville vs pilot point :D
[/quote]Do you really want to rematch them?   :D :D
[/quote] Of course,  ;D

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="805275" timestamp="1274749560"]
Sorry if I go back a little further than a lot of you, but some will understand.

1985 - Yates!
[/quote]

This is my pick too. The results may be the same but I'd still like to see it played again.

[quote name="baddog" post="805576" timestamp="1274828945"]
2001....Nederland vs. Bay City in the playoffs.....Nederland whipped them in every category except the scoreboard. Lost 7-0. I would dearly love some stats from that game.

[/quote]

It was 2000. And yes this would be my pick as well. I dont have exact stats in front of me, but If memory serves me correctly, Nederland was in BC territory like 12 times that night, and inside the redzone like 5 times. Instead of taking field goals when we should have, we opted to go for it and got stuffed everytime. I still think we scored on the second to last play of the game but I guess only that one official will ever know for sure..

2008 Arp vs Kville. State qtr finals it was one the best games I ever saw my team play even though we lost it.

2009 Arp vs Kville .......heck no couldn't have beat them if we had played 4 times, but 2008 we could have and should have. Both teams were freakin awesome in 2008. I think even if we were to lose again in that rematch it would be worth seeing

2007 Arp vs Elysian Fields State Qtr Finals smoaky.com game of the year. Arp lost with :06 left to play on a hail mary pass.

Guest hardcore
[quote name="jjspeed8" post="807680" timestamp="1275228739"]
2008 Arp vs Kville. State qtr finals it was one the best games I ever saw my team play even though we lost it.

2009 Arp vs Kville .......heck no couldn't have beat them if we had played 4 times, but 2008 we could have and should have. Both teams were freakin awesome in 2008. I think even if we were to lose again in that rematch it would be worth seeing

2007 Arp vs Elysian Fields State Qtr Finals smoaky.com game of the year. Arp lost with :06 left to play on a hail mary pass.

[/quote] Hey jjspeed nice to hear from you ;D

Guest hardcore
[quote name="jjspeed8" post="807680" timestamp="1275228739"]

[/quote] nice to hear from you ;D

Guest A-TOWN
[quote name="Bucof2010" post="807829" timestamp="1275277114"]
I don't think there was one for EC last yr we were undefeated until our playoff loss and if we played them again it probably wouldn't be any prettier.
[/quote] Buna vs EC last yr was a tough game

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="807112" timestamp="1275118556"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=69989.msg805576#msg805576 date=1274828945]
2001....Nederland vs. Bay City in the playoffs.....Nederland whipped them in every category except the scoreboard. Lost 7-0. I would dearly love some stats from that game.

[/quote]

Yep , should of taken the field goals.  That game still makes me sick.  I would go back even farther, to 1953 and a 3 point loss to Garland.  Also in 1961 , the 6 point loss to Dumas.  Two state titles that we could have added!!

It was 2000. And yes this would be my pick as well. I dont have exact stats in front of me, but If memory serves me correctly, Nederland was in BC territory like 12 times that night, and inside the redzone like 5 times. Instead of taking field goals when we should have, we opted to go for it and got stuffed everytime. I still think we scored on the second to last play of the game but I guess only that one official will ever know for sure..
[/quote]

[quote name="speedkills" post="807826" timestamp="1275276412"]
Kirbyville vs. Muleshoe 2008
Worst defensive set I have ever seen in my life only if Coach Johnston would have been here. We had 2 to 1 better athletes than muleshoe. But they beat us 48-26.
[/quote]

They flat out ran you in that game. I saw it. Muleshoe was just that much better and Kville had no answer for the speed of that RB and speed of the line. I would have loved to see that same team had played DF. It would have been a good one.

[quote name="jjspeed8" post="807939" timestamp="1275341123"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=69989.msg807826#msg807826 date=1275276412]
Kirbyville vs. Muleshoe 2008
Worst defensive set I have ever seen in my life only if Coach Johnston would have been here. We had 2 to 1 better athletes than muleshoe. But they beat us 48-26.
[/quote]

They flat out ran you in that game. I saw it. Muleshoe was just that much better and Kville had no answer for the speed of that RB and speed of the line. I would have loved to see that same team had played DF. It would have been a good one.
[/quote]
Maybe you are reffering to the Kirbyville vs. Arp game last season there are several South East Texans that seen it that way.

East Chamber and Diboll in 1983, at Silsbee in a rain storm. EC loss 9-7. EC had over 400 yards and Diboll 90. We turned over the ball like 3 times inside the 20 yard line, 5 times total. We beat them up and down the field but could not hold on to the ball. Diboll went on 2 more games in the playoffs I think , then lost. The better team lost.  :-\ :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder