• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="jiggs" post="799384" timestamp="1273290071"]
One game at Langham Creek-7:30 pm
[/quote]

Rumor is that Gabby is not 100%. Any truth to that?

[quote name="GCMPats" post="799386" timestamp="1273290249"]
[quote author=jiggs link=topic=69514.msg799384#msg799384 date=1273290071]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hadn't heard that...I'll look into it. 

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="jiggs" post="799389" timestamp="1273290507"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=69514.msg799386#msg799386 date=1273290249]
[quote author=jiggs link=topic=69514.msg799384#msg799384 date=1273290071]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hadn't heard that...I'll look into it. 
[/quote]

Some of the people from Nederland were saying he was really working his shoulder early in the game Wednesday and appeared to have some discomfort. It was obviously not too bad beacuse he threw a complete game.  They just said he pointed at his shoulder and motioned to the dugout.

If Gabby is healthy I think Crosby has a chance. I would assume Wellbrock will be pitching for Brenham. This will be a great pitching matchup. Might come down to who makes fewer mistakes. Reminds me a little of last years matchup between Brenham and BH. Brenham ended up winning 3-2 on an error in the btm of the 7th.

Guest rambleonus
[quote name="PhatMack19" post="799412" timestamp="1273294481"]
Who picked the 1 game series?
[/quote]

I'm sure Crosby did.

[b]Cubs sweep Kyle Lehman[/b]

Brenham posted two run-rule victories in the series, winning Game 1 by a 14-2 margin, and then blasting the Lobos 11-1 Friday night at Blinn. Three first inning home runs put the game out of reach early in last nights game.

Game 1

WP-Ty Schlottmann  (CG, 5 innings, 4H, 10K) 
HR- (B) Erich Weiss (2)

Game 2                                                           

WP-Chase Wellbrock (CG, 6 innings, 2H, ??K's)
HR- (B) Erich Weiss (3), Chance Bolcerek ( Scott Weinschenk (2)

The Cubs now move on to face Crosby in a one-gamer on Friday night at Langham Creek.

Sounds like the Cubs are ready.

My prediction is Brenham 10-1.  Just too strong for Crosby.  They flipped Brenham for one game for a reason.  They are rolling the dice to try and put together a perfect seven innings.  It happens in baseball.  The team that plays best on game day wins.

I am not downing Crosby, (I am touting Brenham) but Brenham gets the check mark in every aspect of the game.  1) Playing basically at home.  (summer and fall lands them in Langham Creek) 2) Brenham tradition 3) Coach with over 500 wins 4) they are better at all nine positions 5) team speed 6) more power 7) higher team batting average (don't know Crosby's but I bet it is not higher than .390 8) strength of schedule

I may be wrong.  I have only kept up from afar after seeing both teams play early.  Tried, but can't think of any category that Crosby would receive the check mark?

Huge underdog!

[quote name="retiredoldcoach" post="799893" timestamp="1273446200"]
My prediction is Brenham 10-1.  Just too strong for Crosby.  They flipped Brenham for one game for a reason.  They are rolling the dice to try and put together a perfect seven innings.  It happens in baseball.  The team that plays best on game day wins.

I am not downing Crosby, (I am touting Brenham) but Brenham gets the check mark in every aspect of the game.  1) Playing basically at home.  (summer and fall lands them in Langham Creek) 2) Brenham tradition 3) Coach with over 500 wins 4) they are better at all nine positions 5) team speed 6) more power 7) higher team batting average (don't know Crosby's but I bet it is not higher than .390 8) strength of schedule

I may be wrong.  I have only kept up from afar after seeing both teams play early.  Tried, but can't think of any category that Crosby would receive the check mark?

Huge underdog!
[/quote]

Good points...

[quote name="retiredoldcoach" post="799893" timestamp="1273446200"]
My prediction is Brenham 10-1.  Just too strong for Crosby.  They flipped Brenham for one game for a reason.  They are rolling the dice to try and put together a perfect seven innings.  It happens in baseball.  The team that plays best on game day wins.

I am not downing Crosby, (I am touting Brenham) but Brenham gets the check mark in every aspect of the game.  1) Playing basically at home.  (summer and fall lands them in Langham Creek) 2) Brenham tradition 3) Coach with over 500 wins 4) they are better at all nine positions 5) team speed 6) more power 7) higher team batting average (don't know Crosby's but I bet it is not higher than .390 8) strength of schedule

I may be wrong.  I have only kept up from afar after seeing both teams play early.  Tried, but can't think of any category that Crosby would receive the check mark?

Huge underdog!
[/quote]here are the stats for both teams
Brenham team                                       Crosby team
      28-4                                                   24-5
.[b]380 batt avg. [/b]                                 .314 batt avg
    2.92 ERA                                         [b] 1.80 ERA[/b]
    58 E                                               [b]44 E[/b]
   .945 FP                                            [b].955 FP [/b]  
   [b]105 SB   [/b]                                             61 SB

Chase Welbrook  vs Jeremy Gabryzswski
2.33 ERA                  [b] 1.39 ERA[/b]
74 K                         [b]92 K[/b]

Not really a "HUGE UNDERDOG" as you think!!!!!!!  
[color=red][size=16pt]Go Coogs[/size][/color]

[quote name="hitman009" post="800027" timestamp="1273500002"]
[quote author=retiredoldcoach link=topic=69514.msg799893#msg799893 date=1273446200]
My prediction is Brenham 10-1.  Just too strong for Crosby.  They flipped Brenham for one game for a reason.  They are rolling the dice to try and put together a perfect seven innings.  It happens in baseball.  The team that plays best on game day wins.

I am not downing Crosby, (I am touting Brenham) but Brenham gets the check mark in every aspect of the game.  1) Playing basically at home.  (summer and fall lands them in Langham Creek) 2) Brenham tradition 3) Coach with over 500 wins 4) they are better at all nine positions 5) team speed 6) more power 7) higher team batting average (don't know Crosby's but I bet it is not higher than .390 8) strength of schedule

I may be wrong.  I have only kept up from afar after seeing both teams play early.  Tried, but can't think of any category that Crosby would receive the check mark?

Huge underdog!
.[b]380 batt avg. [/b]                                  .314 batt avg
    2.92 ERA                                          [b] 1.80 ERA[/b]
    58 E                                                [b]44 E[/b]
   .945 FP                                             [b].955 FP [/b]  
   [b]105 SB   [/b]                                             61 SB

[/quote]

1) The .384 batting average was before scoring thirty runs last weekend on thirty? hits.
2) If JG pitched against the same opponents that CW has pitched against, he would not have 92 K's.
3) If CW pitched against the same opponents the JG has pitched against he could have have 120 K's.
4) ERA would be different as well.  Example: Brenham vs. 12 5A teams on schedule & Crosby vs. 5 or 6 3A teams on schedule.

I agree on who is the underdog.   That does not mean Crosby can't put it all together for seven innings and sneak up on them.  Just saying they are not favored to win.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="hawkeye07" post="800056" timestamp="1273505685"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=69514.msg800027#msg800027 date=1273500002]
[quote author=retiredoldcoach link=topic=69514.msg799893#msg799893 date=1273446200]

Huge underdog!
.[b]380 batt avg. [/b]                                  .314 batt avg
    2.92 ERA                                          [b] 1.80 ERA[/b]
    58 E                                                [b]44 E[/b]
   .945 FP                                             [b].955 FP [/b]  
   [b]105 SB   [/b]                                             61 SB

[/quote]

1) The .384 batting average was before scoring thirty runs last weekend on thirty? hits.
2) If JG pitched against the same opponents that CW has pitched against, he would not have 92 K's.
3) If CW pitched against the same opponents the JG has pitched against he could have have 120 K's.
4) ERA would be different as well.  Example: Brenham vs. 12 5A teams on schedule & Crosby vs. 5 or 6 3A teams on schedule.

I agree on who is the underdog.   That does not mean Crosby can't put it all together for seven innings and sneak up on them.  Just saying they are not favored to win.

[/quote]

Well heck, why waste the time to even play the game?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine