* Crosby vs. Brenham 1 Game Updates*

1) The .384 batting average was before scoring thirty runs last weekend on thirty? hits.
2) If JG pitched against the same opponents that CW has pitched against, he would not have 92 K's.
3) If CW pitched against the same opponents the JG has pitched against he could have have 120 K's.
4) ERA would be different as well.  Example: Brenham vs. 12 5A teams on schedule & Crosby vs. 5 or 6 3A teams on schedule

[b]1) well I guess they played well against a Lehman team who was 8-19-1, has a team batting avg of .267 and a era of 9.63. they did not show there FP but i guess it was not good.....they were a bad team... I think Crosby JV would have given them a run for there money....

2) As for pitching against 3A Gabby only pitched one inn agaist any 3A all year. Crosby got so far ahead they just pulled him out.... so there is your answer to 2, 3 and 4.

Bottom line.... they are closer matched than everyone thinks....... If Crosby shows up to play they can and will win!!![/b]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="hitman009" post="800080" timestamp="1273511177"]
1) The .384 batting average was before scoring thirty runs last weekend on thirty? hits.
2) If JG pitched against the same opponents that CW has pitched against, he would not have 92 K's.
3) If CW pitched against the same opponents the JG has pitched against he could have have 120 K's.
4) ERA would be different as well.  Example: Brenham vs. 12 5A teams on schedule & Crosby vs. 5 or 6 3A teams on schedule

[b]1) well I guess they played well against a Lehman team who was 8-19-1, has a team batting avg of .267 and a era of 9.63. they did not show there FP but i guess it was not good.....they were a bad team... I think Crosby JV would have given them a run for there money....

2) As for pitching against 3A Gabby only pitched one inn agaist any 3A all year. Crosby got so far ahead they just pulled him out.... so there is your answer to 2, 3 and 4.

Bottom line.... they are closer matched than everyone thinks....... If Crosby shows up to play they can and will win!!![/b]
[/quote]
Chase Wellbrock's opponents:

Pitching
Date      Opponent                        Result   
02/23/10 Cinco Ranch (Katy, TX)      W 6-1     
02/25/10 McNeil (Austin, TX)          W 1-0     
03/04/10 San Marcos (TX)              W 9-4   
03/09/10 Montgomery (TX)              W 14-0 
03/13/10 Cinco Ranch (Katy, TX)      W 9-1     
03/16/10 Huntsville (TX)                  W 19-1         
03/19/10 Magnolia West (Magnolia, TX) W 6-5   
03/23/10 Willis (TX)                        W 20-4
03/30/10 Magnolia (TX)                    L 8-9   
04/06/10 Montgomery (TX)              W 11-1   
04/13/10 Magnolia West (Magnolia, TX)  W 14-5 
04/20/10 Caney Creek (Conroe, TX)      W 14-3     
04/24/10 Westbury Christian (Houston, TX) W 12-5           
04/30/10 Waller (TX)                        W 12-2 

Pretty tough draw with Willis, Caney Creek, Magnolia West and Westbury Christian. Looks like Crosby is out of it's league.

Crosby is a good team, but I think Brenham has better offense, more experience, Wellbrock is 12-0 and Brenham has had the harder schedule.  I'm not saying Crosby doesn't have a chance, just that Brenham is favored.  After all, they were the ones that wanted one game, instead of a best of 3 series.  Can't wait to watch this one.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="800119" timestamp="1273516775"]
Crosby is a good team, but I think Brenham has better offense, more experience, Wellbrock is 12-0 and Brenham has had the harder schedule.  I'm not saying Crosby doesn't have a chance, just that Brenham is favored.  After all, they were the ones that wanted one game, instead of a best of 3 series.  Can't wait to watch this one.
[/quote]

So he did not take the loss against Magnolia?

[quote name="GCMPats" post="800121" timestamp="1273516924"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=69514.msg800119#msg800119 date=1273516775]
[/quote]

So he did not take the loss against Magnolia?
[/quote]

No, they put up 7 runs in the 7th to beat us 9-8.

I think it is clear that both Brenham and Crosby have earned their way into their playoff positions.  I would agree that Crosby has not played the same schedule as Brenham, yet I believe that what has happened in previous games will not matter as much as how they will respond to playing against each other. 
This is  not a rematch from an earlier season meeting so I am sure both teams will prepare to play the best game possible, I am sure both teams will come too win.

I hope for one thing Friday, that both teams play their best all 7 innings or however long the game lasts.  As for the team that has the best night and walks off the field with a win, they know they had to fight to win and do it with respect.  And for the team that loses that there was nothing left to spare in an effort to win and know their opponent did the same.

Both teams should be recognized for a successful season and hopefully will end that season with honor.

Crosby 3 - Brenham 2

Guest gladiator2
By looking at the number's, I would have to take Brenham. I never thought Crosby could have handled Hester the way they did against Vidor. Hester is a very tough lefty that has attracted several pro scouts at all of his games this year and will get drafted this year. So my gut tell's that Brenham will dominate this game but in one game anything can happen they just handled one of the top lefty's in the state.

[quote name="Uncle Rico" post="800621" timestamp="1273671523"]
I'm going for Crosby. It seems that Brenham is very, very cocky. "WE bat .999 and and WE beat the yankees and WE do this and that and blah blah blah". GO COUGS!
[/quote]

Both teams have impressive records.....  Call it what you want...cocky, confident, swagger, etc.  We talk alot, but we back it up.....  If you wanna be the best, you have to beat the best, and untill were eliminated, we are the best.  (Defending region 3 champs) Crosby will have it's chance...  Let's see what they do with it. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="800634" timestamp="1273673903"]
[quote author=Uncle Rico link=topic=69514.msg800621#msg800621 date=1273671523]
I'm going for Crosby. It seems that Brenham is very, very cocky. "WE bat .999 and and WE beat the yankees and WE do this and that and blah blah blah". GO COUGS!
[/quote]

Both teams have impressive records.....  Call it what you want...cocky, confident, swagger, etc.  [b]We talk alot[/b], but we back it up.....  If you wanna be the best, you have to beat the best, and untill were eliminated, [b]we are the best[/b].  (Defending region 3 champs) Crosby will have it's chance...  Let's see what they do with it. 
[/quote]

I just call it cocky.

[quote name="Uncle Rico" post="800705" timestamp="1273691821"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=69514.msg800634#msg800634 date=1273673903]
[/quote]

Both teams have impressive records.....  Call it what you want...cocky, confident, swagger, etc.  [b]We talk alot[/b], but we back it up.....  If you wanna be the best, you have to beat the best, and untill were eliminated, [b]we are the best[/b].  (Defending region 3 champs) Crosby will have it's chance...  Let's see what they do with it. 
[/quote]

I just call it cocky.
[/quote]

I think of it as more of "earned swagger".  ;)

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="800712" timestamp="1273693118"]
[quote author=Uncle Rico link=topic=69514.msg800705#msg800705 date=1273691821]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=69514.msg800634#msg800634 date=1273673903]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I just call it cocky.
[/quote]

I think of it as more of "earned swagger".  ;)
[/quote]

I think it's more than that.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="800634" timestamp="1273673903"]
[/quote]

Both teams have impressive records.....  Call it what you want...cocky, confident, swagger, etc.  We talk alot, but we back it up.....  If you wanna be the best, you have to beat the best, and untill were eliminated, we are the best.  (Defending region 3 champs) Crosby will have it's chance...  Let's see what they do with it. 
[/quote]

My kid played for BH last year. We lost to them in the bottom of the 7th on a error. Bren. fans are great and very respectful. I also went and saw them play LCM in the next round they were the same way they took care of business and then left no hoopin it up. Very well mannered fans

After seeing what Stratford did to Area #1 ranked Kingwood in 5-A, I'm just wondering if when that bus heads back to Brenham tonite if that #1 ranking will still be in tow. One gamer....Great Pitcher....you got to love it.

Go Cougs!!!!!

Should be a good game between two quality teams.  Gabby is going to have to mix it up more for Crosby to have a chance. Against Vidor he didn't need much more than a fastball.  He won't be able to blow 88 by the Brenham hitters as easy.  If he can mix it up some and hit his spots then Crosby has a real chance.  Good luck to both teams, it should be an exciting game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder