*Central vs. Friendswood Updates/Friendswood Advances!!!!!!!!*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Jags, I don't normally talk much noise, but Friendswood really laid it on Y'all today. I don't think they were ready for the Physical play the the Mustangs brought today. We really controlled both lines of scrimmage except for just a couple of plays.
And as it was said earlier, I think we may be one of the best special teams units around, and it worked for us today.

FW  executed great in this game.  You picked us appart today in every way possible.  It seems like somebody did their homework.  Good luck on the rest of the way.

But Jags, you killin me.  We been running out of the I formation all year, and I didn't see it once today.  Playcalling became too predictable.  An Coaching, you cannot pull the starting QB to put in a utility guy and expect him to make plays.  FW continued to punk us on both sides of the ball.  what do we do to respond?  Nothing.  The coaches and players seem to be content with FW doing whatever they want when they want.  We not once even knocked the FW QB down.  Were getting blown out and you have 4th and short...  We still have a glimer of a hope at this point.  you Punt to an offense that have been having their way with the defense..  Some things I just don't understand.  It is not ok to get blown out and don't even try to make adjustments to stop th bleeding.  This loss was just like the LaMarque lose in '06.  We have just as much talent on the field as the othet team and we get outcoached.  Props to that FW coach.  He sure knew how to hit us when it hurt. 

I don't think they knew what was instore for them today, they were overmatched on defense, offense, and special teams.  I predicted that from the get go but nobody from Central could accept that and theres still a few here that are trying to make excuses. I congratulate the Jags players on a nice season but I think some of their fans need to realize and admit they were in over their heads.

Nice win for FW.  I was wondering which team was going to show up for Central.  It just seemed like every week Central was hanging on by their fingertips.  I stand by my assumption earlier in the year of 20-4A and that is it was weak this year.  Sorry.  I also think the playoff format with letting in so many teams is ridiculous.  FWFan, keep'em coming.  It's ashame we can't get another shot at you guys.  8)

[quote name="rjn75" post="719913" timestamp="1259461050"]
I don't think they knew what was instore for them today, they were overmatched on defense, offense, and special teams.  I predicted that from the get go but nobody from Central could accept that and theres still a few here that are trying to make excuses. I congratulate the Jags players on a nice season but I think some of their fans need to realize and admit they were in over their heads.
[/quote]which fans are you referring to? I haven't heard from them. Every Central fan have given FW props. Now, y'all should be thinking about Dawson.

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="719960" timestamp="1259463648"]
Delete it again if you want, but the facts are the facts.  After talking $%^& for weeks, 20-4A has now gotten their hands handed to them time and time again.  I nominate them for being the WORST and most OVERHYPED district in the whole region!!!
[/quote]Congradulations on winning the State championship in the third round.  Ohh wait, I forgot.  You're only halfway there.  Since FW is all world beaters from beating an ill prepared Central Team, then win State, FW.  Win the whole thing...  Again, congrads on the win from this Jag... 8)

I still think we could ran a little Nickel Defense..It seemed like we preped for the run aginst a passing team..O well congrates FW on the Win..This is one u Deserved,,At least the [b]Freshman[/b] QB #12 they brought in looked nice.. Im also happi we didnt give up and lay down..We scorerd twice, even if it was on the 2nd D.Which is pittiyful..I dnt think ive ever seen a Game like this..Still props to FW,.Represent region 3 well,.

First off... I would like to say hats off to FW and district 23-4A.  You guys have proven to be the better district this year and I wish you s#!+ talkers more wins in the near future!!!  FW won the game and handed our butts to us, then turned around and slapped us again... And FW the fans can talk all year long about how great the district is but the kjids and coaches will prove it on the field... Like they did!  FW coaches put on a clinic, I hope our staff took notes.

Now to my Jags.  Congrats on a great competitive season.  I am proud of the kids and the coaching staff for a fine winning season and a third rfound birth... Now that I have been diplomatic here comes my thoughts...

1.  We expected too much come play off time - This Jag team started the year strong but really finished on a down note.  We lost our last two district games then limped into the playjoffs and did not play up to our level of play.

2.  What's up with the diversity?  We started off the year running two different sets.  By game 4 we had five different offensive sets.  This game we ran the shotgun the entire game.  All year we have had our most success out of the I-formation.  We have run the shot gun for the majority of the playoffs and our running game dissappeared as a result. coaches we have to use the entire playbook!!!

3.  Defense... Thank you for a strong year, however, someone needs to teach the dbs how to get their heads out of the backfield and play their receiver!!!!!  This was not a running qb!!! The dbs would be toe-to-toe on the reciever, then start to look at the qb (like he was going to break a big run), the reciever would fade a bit deeper then the pass would go over the defenders hand.  I don't know if we couldn't adjust or we just didn't.

4.  QB, great season.  But son if you play on the next level you have to learn to stay in the pocket and deliver the ball.  You had time to deliver the ball early in the possessions, however, you watched the rush, got happy feet and got hit for the sack.  If you go get hit anyway, stay in the pocket and deliver the ball!!!!!

Thanks Jags for the ride!

Congrats to FW for the win,I agree with ShortTex 100% on his analysis of the game. We looked like we went in a tunnel after the first Qt,every phase of our game went to sleep. Who do we point the finger at on this one,everytime you bring up coaching some people on this site bash you,you mention players thats another thing. I posted a week ago we need find our swagger and that seemed to ruffle a few feathers. Well we got our butts kicked with same junk i've seen all year,You can't run against 8 in the box. Why did it take them so long to play that freshman QB?

My family and I decided to go and support the Jags being they were the only team surviving in our district.  We saw  Nederland, PNG and of course us...Pirates fans.  JAGS,  FW is an incredible team on all sides of the ball.  I don't think anyone in out district would have pulled out a win against them.  You have nothing to hang your heads about.  You were outmatched everywhere and that happens in the playoffs.  Everything you guys tried, they executed very well against.  They are a well coached, well disciplined team.  Thanks for a great ride into the playoffs and we'll see you next year.

FW...What can I say, WOW!!!!  You are an amazing team and it was fun watching you play.  You have what it takes to make it to state.  Hope to see you there and maybe we'll be able to come and watch!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin