Vidor Vs. Dayton/Dayton wins 28-14 and advances to play Waller/Comments

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stillanut" post="708956" timestamp="1258317658"]
Vidor won state the year my dad graduated, it was in the 60s.

I'm hoping this is a wake-up call to the players that they CAN make the playoffs.  That they do have the talent to WIN.
[/quote]Vidor lost to San Marcos that year.

Tied San Marcos, 21-21 in 3A semifinals in 1964.  San Marcos advanced on penetrations, 5-4, penetrations were the first tiebreaker, then first downs, then total yardage.  Vidor had a big advantage in both those.  Official record that year was 12-0-1.  San Marcos lost to the Palestine Wildcats in the finals.

[quote name="outrider52" post="708969" timestamp="1258319189"]
Tied San Marcos, 21-21 in 3A semifinals in 1964.  San Marcos advanced on penetrations, 5-4, penetrations were the first tiebreaker, then first downs, then total yardage.  Vidor had a big advantage in both those.  Official record that year was 12-0-1.  San Marcos lost to the Palestine Wildcats in the finals.
[/quote]

THAT SUCKS....GLAD WE HAVE OVERTIME NOW!!

[quote name="stillanut" post="708956" timestamp="1258317658"]

I'm hoping this is a wake-up call to the players that they CAN make the playoffs.  That they do have the talent to WIN.
[/quote]I think your daddy has been lying to you all these years.. :o :o I know it's hard to accept,but there isn't a Santa Claus either!.. :'(

[quote name="piratefan" post="709093" timestamp="1258326340"]
[quote author=stillanut link=topic=62393.msg708956#msg708956 date=1258317658]

[/quote]I think your daddy has been lying to you all these years.. :o :o I know it's hard to accept,but there isn't a Santa Claus either!.. :'(
[/quote]
FUNNY!
Congrats to Vidor on a great game!
After the first two touchdowns, Vidor really did an AWEsome job of slowing down the Broncos.
Just my opinion, but it looked like the Vidor offense line hasn't blocked a front seven as quick as the Broncos.
Plenty of solid licks by both teams, a really great game.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="709430" timestamp="1258341971"]
[quote author=piratefan link=topic=62393.msg709093#msg709093 date=1258326340]

[/quote]
FUNNY!
Congrats to Vidor on a great game!
After the first two touchdowns, Vidor really did an AWEsome job of slowing down the Broncos.
Just my opinion, but it looked like the Vidor offense line hasn't blocked a front seven as quick as the Broncos.
Plenty of solid licks by both teams, a really great game.
[/quote]

RollinAC, P4E and Lil' Tex have Super Bowl rings!

Big Congrats to Coach Matthews and his program. Nothing to hang your heads about after this one. Coaches did one heckuva job and players played their hearts out. Defense was AWESOME other than a few plays. You guys were hittin' people. Pittman, Tate, and Peevey GREAT effort guys. Took some big hits and kept getting up for more. Great Season from the entire team. I look forward to seeing Dohzier lead this team back to the playoffs next year! Well done Coach Matthews, keep doin what ya doin! Also good luck Broncos! Keep it rollin'!

The entire running game is excellant,Broncos are tuff against run teams and our size/speed stops the big home run threat.Vidor's running was more successful than everybody else's by 2x that we've played thus far.This will help us w/similar offenses down the road.Pirates came to play and left it all on the field.I'm proud of them for what they've done.Had Dayton lost I would go watch Vidor play this week and next.

[quote name="pirate68" post="708967" timestamp="1258318780"]

[/quote]Vidor lost to San Marcos that year.
[/quote]

Actually, it was a tie. San Marcos got the win on more first downs or something like that. No OT play back then or something.
At least that is what I've been told by the people who actually went to the game back then.
Congrats to Dayton. And I was proud of our boys. For our defense to hold the Broncos' offense to 21 points? That is pretty darn good. The offense just made too many mistakes to overcome against a team like Dayton. Especially allowing a defensive touchdown after snapping the ball over the QB's head two times in a row! >:( >:(
Oh well. Go Jags and Indians!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hijove
    Newest Member
    hijove