PNG vs Brenham

injun

All I know is that I was able to stretch out a "business trip" through the weekend so I could see the game in person. Living in Las Vegas, it's a bit hard to see my Indians play every week. Saw them last week too against BH; looked really good. We may not have a list of D-1 prospects like the Brenham faithful claim they have. But we do have 65 young men with one goal in mind and have sold out to reach that goal. Gonna be a great game, but I have my Indians winning by 10.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say after researching both teams that PNG is the clear underdog in this game. I also saw that Brenham's kicker is was all district last year which could hurt us becuse we cannot make a field goal longer that about 30 yrds. We are going to have to beat teams with more talent than us from this point on if you want to advance. I have seen PNG do it before and I think our kids will give 110% as they always do. I look for us to run about 10 reverses again like we did last week and more reverse passes. I'm sure Faircloth will be ready to face Brenham's speedy Defense. Good Luck Indians !!

One more day! Here's wishing everyone from Brenham and PNG a safe trip to and from the game. Good luck to both schools. To tc35, thanks for the kind words, but I wouldn't say Brenham should be favored in this one. The Cubs are very athletic, but they are also still a young football team. Three juniors and four sophomores start on defense, so mistakes sometimes turn into big plays. But the Indians will probably need some big plays to win. I could be wrong, but I don't think they will just be able to put together long, time consuming drives because the Cubs have too many playmakers. This will be a very exciting, hard fought game with the team that avoids the big mistake coming out on top. Let's hope the rain doesn't ruin it.

This will be a great game between 2 very athletic teams. Execution and perfection will win this along with whoevers D gets the most 3 and outs or key stops. PNG has played some very athletic teams with alot of speed. Central, Ozen, Texas City, Crosby. We beat them all. A very physical, big team in Vidor. We beat them as well. Our D has seen almost as much as possible. They will be prepared for the D1 recruits. Now the question is has Brenham seen a Offense like ours with all the threats we put on the field at one time ?

Here are some stats...

[b]Brenham[/b]

Total yards      First downs    Rushing yards  Yds/Att       Passing yards            Yds/Catch
2939                  153                  1726          4.97       1213                        12.38

[b]Port Neches Groves[/b]

Total yards     First downs    Rushing yards  Yds/Att       Passing yards           Yds/Catch
3947                 172                   2182         5.43          1765                      12.17

[quote name="akifan94" post="711946" timestamp="1258638997"]
Here are some stats...

[b]Brenham[/b]

Total yards      First downs    Rushing yards  Yds/Att       Passing yards            Yds/Catch
2939                  153                  1726          4.97       1213                        12.38

[b]Port Neches Groves[/b]

Total yards     First downs    Rushing yards  Yds/Att       Passing yards           Yds/Catch
3947                 172                   2182         5.43          1765                       12.17

[/quote]Even though we have the advantage in stats pretty much overall, still will be a good close battle. Harmon gets 150 yards in this game ! Doty throws for 175 yards. Can't wait.

That's a good question 66? I don't know if they will be able to handle it or not. We will find out soon. Stats, D1 recruits, etc....None of that means anything anymore. Brenham, and I am sure PNG, both have had several teams with multiple big time players that never made it far in the playoffs. It is all about how you play on that given day. Best of luck!!

[quote name="cubfan12" post="711950" timestamp="1258639477"]
That's a good question 66? I don't know if they will be able to handle it or not. We will find out soon. Stats, D1 recruits, etc....None of that means anything anymore. Brenham, and I am sure PNG, both have had several teams with multiple big time players that never made it far in the playoffs. It is all about how you play on that given day. Best of luck!!
[/quote]I think we are all gonna get our monies worth with this game. Should be the highlight game of the week in 4A ! Ya'll be careful on the drive over to Houston. Hope the rain either ends before kickoff or holds off till after the game. I bet there will be some college scouts at this game. There will be alot of talent on the field Friday night for them to watch and consider. Lots of Juniors and sophmores to look at for the coming years.

Tc35, how can either team be a "clear underdog"?  PNG has great fans, coaching, discipline, they are undefeated and #5 in the state.  Brenham has D1 talent, coaching, was ranked 10 going into the last game of the season and has been in this position the last couple of years.  They look pretty even to me.  Can't wait to watch it go down.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="711960" timestamp="1258640741"]
Tc35, how can either team be a "clear underdog"?  PNG has great fans, coaching, discipline, they are undefeated and #5 in the state.  Brenham has D1 talent, coaching, was ranked 10 going into the last game of the season and has been in this position the last couple of years.  They look pretty even to me.  Can't wait to watch it go down.
[/quote]

tc35 is taken the win-win route on this one. If PN-G loses then he is right in his prediction. If PN-G wins as a fan he gets what he wants.  ;D

Seriously......I think we might be a slight underdog to push based on statewide "experts" picks. Only one of four Dave Campbell writers picked us to win this game. I think it will be a close game won in the fourth quarter.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="711973" timestamp="1258641469"]
Be careful with stats, sometimes they can be misleading...Our defense has 12 td's this year.  That has slowed our offensive stats. 
[/quote]stats are stats ! those get thrown out this time of the year. This is one deserving team against another deserving team !

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="711973" timestamp="1258641469"]
Be careful with stats, sometimes they can be misleading...Our defense has 12 td's this year.  That has slowed our offensive stats. 
[/quote]

I only posted stats to show run / pass ratios for anyone interested in what type of offense can be expected. The two teams are very close statistically considering points per game.

[quote name="akifan94" post="711981" timestamp="1258641767"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=62369.msg711973#msg711973 date=1258641469]
[/quote]

I only posted stats to show run / pass ratios for anyone interested in what type of offense can be expected. The two teams are very close statistically considering points per game.
[/quote]I know what you were doing with the stats. You think this will turn into a ground game if the weather gets bad ? If thats so, then advantage to the NDN's.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="709402" timestamp="1258340922"]
One of  my  best friends lives in that area.  He makes good money (NASA) and is a computer genius (IMO).  He drives from there to my home in Groves, and works on my computers.................................for free.
....................................which one do you think is smarter???
[/quote]
Proud, did you mean "he used to drive....etc.?"  You better hope you bet friend doesn't read this.  ROFLMAO

[quote name="pngfan66" post="711986" timestamp="1258641928"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=62369.msg711981#msg711981 date=1258641767]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=62369.msg711973#msg711973 date=1258641469]
[/quote]

[/quote]I know what you were doing with the stats. You think this will turn into a ground game if the weather gets bad ? If thats so, then advantage to the NDN's.
[/quote]

I would think so.... Running teams do not scare me......play action or double moves on a slippery field covering very good WR's does. That said the defense is very disciplined and Dunbar can play with anyone regardless of their rivals ranking or future college destination. If he played on a team known to produce D-1 talent he would be getting a lot more attention right now.

Ya, if it's raining, y'all should have the advantage, though I did see Brenham put up 28 pts (all passing td's) and almost 300 yards in the air, in a rainy/windy game earlier this year.  The defense it was on wasn't as good as talks but it was still impressive.  They stacked the box, thinking we would have to run, due to the conditions.  They surprised everybody when they came out passing.      

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="711998" timestamp="1258642772"]
Ya, if it's raining, y'all should have the advantage, though I did see Brenham put up 28 pts (all passing td's) and almost 300 yards in the air, in a rainy/windy game earlier this year.  The defense it was on wasn't as good as talks but it was still impressive.  They stacked the box, thinking we would have to run, due to the conditions.  They surprised everybody when they came out passing.      
[/quote]

Did Jarrett Lee, R. Roberson, Ahmad Howard, Luke Poelmann, and Brandon Collins all play at the same time? I was thinking back and that was quite an assembly of talent.

Thank goodness for BrenhamFan.  He actually speaks intelligently and mostly unbiased about the game, stats, and his team.  After hearing so much from FWFan, I was losing hope on actually have a good, knowledgable post to read leading up to for this game.  

BrenhamFan, you have restored my faith in the people from outside the area that post on this board.

That said, I look for this to be a very tough, hard-fought game.  I think this may be the best test of our secondary this year.  Our D-Line will need to pressure the QB and keep him from making plays with his feet AND his arm.

What is the status of our kicking game?  I live in Memphis, TN and do not get all the local injury reports etc.  Did our kicker get hurt?  Can we grab a soccer phenom to fill in?  Is this a down year for Fg kickers? Honestly, I am not being negative, just not sure what happened.

My prediction for this game is PNG 24 - Brenham 20   (not unbiased) lol  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder