Vidor vs. Livingston Predictions?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going against my own beliefs here about Karma, I try and never pull against another team that my team is not even playing. But after reading all the comments from some Vidor fans about PNG I say go Lions and make it ugly. I respect coach Mathews, the accomplishemnts of the players but as far as some fans I hope you never see the playoffs ever again! I have pulled for the Pirates in baseball, basket ball and even football in some games, but never again. I'll stick to rooting for Bunner at Lamar Baseball because he's a class act,but you fans I'm done!

[quote name="ndn78" post="698502" timestamp="1257478578"]
I am going against my own beliefs here about Karma, I try and never pull against another team that my team is not even playing. But after reading all the comments from some Vidor fans about PNG I say go Lions and make it ugly. I respect coach Mathews, the accomplishemnts of the players but as far as some fans I hope you never see the playoffs ever again! I have pulled for the Pirates in baseball, basket ball and even football in some games, but never again. I'll stick to rooting for Bunner at Lamar Baseball because he's a class act,but you fans I'm done!
[/quote]

ndn78,  I went over to the PNG/Central thread and as far as I can see there are 2-3 Vidor posters who seem to be stirring the pot.  How in the world can you justify bashing the entire Vidor fan base off of what 2-3 people have to say?  Your post seems pretty rediculous, surely you have more to go off of than the post of 2-3 people.  Surely you have not turned against an entire city because of these posters.  Surely you are a more rational person than that.

There are plenty of Vidor posters, myself included, that have given PNG nothing but respect since the beatdown the Pirates received from the Indians. 
You are correct with one statement, Bunner is a class act.

[quote author=Pirate for Life! link=topic=61652.msg692548#msg692548 date=1257014690]
Sounds like a great game of ground pounding! I wish I could have seen Livingston play before next week. If what I am reading is correct. We have to win due to head to head with Nederland. If we lose we would lose the 4th spot to Livingston right? So it comes down to this! How bad do you want it Pirates? Guys you played a great game against Nederland, but put it in the past where it belongs and focus on stopping the run. You have done a good job of stopping the run all year, and since I hear Livingston is not a passing team we should be ready on Friday! Come on Pirates, this is our SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!
[/q      VIDOR 14  LIVINGSTON  28 

[quote name="Lionfan" post="698748" timestamp="1257519085"]
After last year I can see why Dayton wants no part of Livingston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

remind me what has to happen for y'all to get in the postseason. I know you have to win.... but what help do you need??

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="HammerOfGod" post="699014" timestamp="1257533717"]
Long time lurker, first time poster. VHS alum, good luck tonight Pirates!
[/quote]

Hello there, Newbie.  I gave you a karma based entirely on your site name.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="699024" timestamp="1257534418"]
[quote author=HammerOfGod link=topic=61652.msg699014#msg699014 date=1257533717]
Long time lurker, first time poster. VHS alum, good luck tonight Pirates!
[/quote]

Hello there, Newbie.  I gave you a karma based entirely on your site name.
[/quote]

Thanks! Much appreciated!

VHS you are right and I apologize, the majority of Vidor fans are true fans. Just been tired of all the hate'n going on from all schools. I moved from TJ to PNG Back in the 70's due to some personal reasons and had a hard time swithing to Purple and White, we are fortunate to have the support base we have.

I played against ya'll watch several ex players in other sports because I'm a sports fan. NDN's will alway be my first love but I will never pull against and kid who has talent.

I just dont understand why people hate it so much. I think ya'lls fans are picking up the pace and with the coaches ya'll have things should only get better. Good luck tonight, hope they all stay healthy and the best team wins! BY the way use number 43 more often, that kid is a player and should be thrown to at least 10 times a game!

[quote name="ndn78" post="699167" timestamp="1257547062"]
Good luck tonight, hope they all stay healthy and the best team wins! BY the way use number 43 more often, that kid is a player and should be thrown to at least 10 times a game!
[/quote]

That's James Laramore, ndn78, and believe me you are preaching to the choir when you say that. There may be others that need to see that point made though. So, please send that same suggestion to:

Jeff Mathews
c/o Vidor High School
500 Orange St.
Vidor, TX 77662

;D ;D ;D

Pretty sure that Livingston would need to beat Vidor by 14 or more assuming Nederland beats Lumberton (probable) and Ozen beats LCM (possible). That creates a three way tie with Vidor, Ozev and Livingston and they would have all beaten each other which then goes to the Tie Breaker points against rule. Crazy, Crazy, Crazy. ::)

[quote name="Lionfan" post="699232" timestamp="1257550733"]
No that is not correct Livingston would advance in a three way tie by virture of beating Vidor and Ozen GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
well you dont have to worry bout that lion fan  ;) ;) ;) :) :) :)
GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder