BARBERS HILL VS DAYTON......THE OLD RIVER SHOOTOUT!!!

I dont think we really know what that soph. runningback can do. I think the coaches lost confidence in him early and dont hand the ball off to him enough. He needs carries to get better just like a qb needs to throw a little to get better at passing. Sometimes i think the playbook is too predictable because we dont hand it off enough. # 22 is only going to get better when he gains some confidence in himself and he can only do that if he gets more carries.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I love "THE OLDRIVER SHOOTOUT" . I grew up on Countyline Road and had alot of buddies that went to BH just because they lived on the wrong side of the road.

I like the name too! We just need to win this one to make it a true rivalry! GCM took care of their end of the bargain in the I-10 smack down, now the Eagles need to rise up and tame those ponies!

I don't think we really know what that soph. runningback can do. I think the coaches lost confidence in him early and dont hand the ball off to him enough. He needs carries to get better just like a qb needs to throw a little to get better at passing. Sometimes i think the playbook is too predictable because we dont hand it off enough. # 22 is only going to get better when he gains some confidence in himself and he can only do that if he gets more carries.

Please don't start that, questioning the play calling is questioning the coaching. Dayton is well coached and the play calling has never been the problem. We have to hang on to the ball, if a player can't he isn't going to get the ball handed to him.

Guest Ranger83

What would happen to BH if someone threw a match down into the storage caverns??  And and BH has too many chemical plants and the bait shop doesn't keep very good hours :P.

Alright....Ranger has decided to quit being funny and talk serious sports now....that's it!!  BH has made Ranger no longer funny and you suck for that!!

It just does not feel right to ridicule the less fortunate. I thought our Special Education numbers were down in GCCISD. Now I know where they all went.

New BH Football Team Motto:

That's right! We're slow, we're white! (For all you English speaking "residence" of the Hill)

What would happen to BH if someone threw a match down into the storage caverns??  And and BH has too many chemical plants and the bait shop doesn't keep very good hours :P.

Alright....Ranger has decided to quit being funny and talk serious sports now....that's it!!  BH has made Ranger no longer funny and you suck for that!!

It just does not feel right to ridicule the less fortunate. I thought our Special Education numbers were down in GCCISD. Now I know where they all went.

Get all the mileage you want out last week's victory. We are looking to beat or get beat by a real football team and all of its tradition this week! Yeah we fell in our own mudhole and let a two year old toddler beat us, big deal! Now go back to your playpen young'un.

That's right! We're slow, we're white! (For all you English speaking "residence" of the Hill)

I like it . ;D

I don't think we really know what that soph. runningback can do. I think the coaches lost confidence in him early and dont hand the ball off to him enough. He needs carries to get better just like a qb needs to throw a little to get better at passing. Sometimes i think the playbook is too predictable because we dont hand it off enough. # 22 is only going to get better when he gains some confidence in himself and he can only do that if he gets more carries.

Please don't start that, questioning the play calling is questioning the coaching. Dayton is well coached and the play calling has never been the problem. We have to hang on to the ball, if a player can't he isn't going to get the ball handed to him.

I don't think saying it's predictable is questioning the coaching although I respect your opinion. Maybe me being as big a fan as I am and seeing the fomation from my seat at the stadium , I know what they are going to run when other folks don't . Trust me , I know we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state. I really would like to know just how many fumbles #22 has because I really do think he is capable of being a very good back. If he is able to carry some of the load it would help with the health of our quaterbacks.

OKay Bronco fans, I've tried a couple of times to lightly stoke you guys to get some friendly but respectful smack talking going, but you guys are not biting. So that means you guys are really concerned or you're planning to do your talking on the field. Hmmm. You guys are kinda acting like you played in the State Finals last year.  ;D

Eagles: Get ready for a war, I do believe the Broncos are digging in. Let's bring your "A" game.

Soar Eagles

Ahhh....it just takes us a little bit to get going after taking a loss....they don't happen very often...

Maybe I should move to BH and get used to returning to smack talk on Monday after a good whoopin' the previous Friday.  Maybe I'll move to the back of Cherry Creek Estates and live in BH (or so they advertise) and actually have the County Line run right through the middle of my house.  Had to have been someone from BH to design a neighborhood and FORGET TO CHECK WHERE THE COUNTY LINE WAS!!!

A loss is a loss. You can use it to motivate you for the next game, learn from it whatever. But you can not do anything about that one anymore. As long as its in fun I don't mind a little smack talk, if you take the heat if your team loses, I'm fine. I'll be as mad and aggravated as the next guy, I just get over them pretty quick.

But sense no ones in the mood, I'll drop it. :)

By the way, I love "THE OLDRIVER SHOOTOUT" . I grew up on Countyline Road and had alot of buddies that went to BH just because they lived on the wrong side of the road.

Or your buddies lived on the "right" side of the road and you lived on the "wrong side".... just depends on how you look at it!  ;)

Or your buddies lived on the "right" side of the road and you lived on the "wrong side".... just depends on how you look at it!  ;)

I was wandering how long that would take.

I don't think saying it's predictable is questioning the coaching although I respect your opinion. Maybe me being as big a fan as I am and seeing the fomation from my seat at the stadium , I know what they are going to run when other folks don't . Trust me , I know we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state. I really would like to know just how many fumbles #22 has because I really do think he is capable of being a very good back. If he is able to carry some of the load it would help with the health of our quaterbacks.

Do agree with JW #22 needs more carries to build his confidence up you can see him get frustrated everytime he makes a mistake he knows he's coming out.Not being critical of the coaching staff just being objective I think its OK for true fans to air their views and take on the situation. I personally would like to see more misdirection plays to keep the defense honest also would like to send somebody going deep every down and see if we can burn em with our speed. Make the defense a nervous wreck everytime we step on field. Well that's my 2 cents worth ! I completely support our coaching staff and think they are some of the best in the State. A trip to the finals says it all--- GO BRONCO'S---

Do agree with JW #22 needs more carries to build his confidence up you can see him get frustrated everytime he makes a mistake he knows he's coming out.Not being critical of the coaching staff just being objective I think its OK for true fans to air their views and take on the situation. I personally would like to see more misdirection plays to keep the defense honest also would like to send somebody going deep every down and see if we can burn em with our speed. Make the defense a nervous wreck everytime we step on field. Well that's my 2 cents worth ! I completely support our coaching staff and think they are some of the best in the State. A trip to the finals says it all--- GO BRONCO'S---

You cannot put the ball on the turf and expect to get more carries---I do think 22 could be a great back he has explosive speed but goes down at the slightest touch---he needs to get much lower and run harder

Guest Ranger83

Get all the mileage you want out last week's victory. We are looking to beat or get beat by a real football team and all of its tradition this week! Yeah we fell in our own mudhole and let a two year old toddler beat us, big deal! Now go back to your playpen young'un.

Oh, don't you worry! We will ride this horse until next year! Sort of like how BH does with their State Championships and such. (You know, live in the past.) But hey, it sure is better than the alternative. Best of luck with the "real" football teams. The New Kid on the Block just kicked your Arse!

Oh, don't you worry! We will ride this horse until next year! Sort of like how BH does with their State Championships and such. (You know, live in the past.) But hey, it sure is better than the alternative. Best of luck with the "real" football teams. The New Kid on the Block just kicked your Arse!

That was last week! Quit living in the past ;D

Guest Ranger83

"Last week" does not OFFICALLY end until Friday at midnight! So until then.....All your base, they belong to us!

We will give you till Friday 10 PM then you have to move on ;D

Back to Dayton!! Are the Freshman playing at BH tonight or Dayton? That should be a good game!

"Last week" does not OFFICALLY end until Friday at midnight! So until then.....All your base, they belong to us!

Guest Ranger83

Back to Dayton!! Are the Freshman playing at BH tonight or Dayton? That should be a good game!

Please use the "modify" button so we can see what you are saying.

Ops My bad ;)

Guest Ranger83

Ops My bad ;)

I thought 19-4A had agreed to play all undersquad games at the same location. If that's the case, they should be playing at BH.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Fly-out to RF ends the inning.  3 outs for a trip to the regional finals/state quarterfinals.     Chester up 11-8.  Brookeland coming to the plate with 2-3-4.
    • Nicholls as you all likely know must lose to McNeese tomorrow for Lamar to be the out right conference champion. That is what most of us want to see.   With that said here's an odd scenario that could happen. There are 3 games left in conference play as Northwestern is playing out of conference and 2 of the 4 series are complete.  The aforementioned Nicholls vs McNeese and 2 games in the UIW and HCU series are left to play. If Nicholls wins and UIW spilts with HCU there will be a 4 way tie for 5th. McNeese, Southeastern. Corpus, and UIW would all sit at 10-14.  No idea on the conference tie breaker for tournament seeds. Truly wish the conference had a better website that already stated this as well as the tiebreaker scenario.  It has been one fun season and see you all in Hammond Wednesday. Well, some of you. Go Cards!! Uncle Spidey...you da man!!!  Snakehead, thanks for the updates.  Everyone else, have a great summer and enjoy what's left of the college baseball season. 
    • K for Chester to lead off.  Great diving catch in CF by Coulter for Brookeland for out 2.
    • Getting heated with the coaches for Brookeland and the umps.  I’m not quite sure what is going on.  Brookeland coaches contending the fans are cheering too loud.  
    • Yeah… I was on a jury for a custody modification where the dad was accused of being inappropriate with the child by mom. Law enforcement wasn’t involved. The first thing one of the jurors said when we began deliberating was “I’m sorry… but they (the dad’s counsel) didn’t prove that he didn’t do it.”  Were you even listening to the instructions?
  • Topics