BARBERS HILL VS DAYTON......THE OLD RIVER SHOOTOUT!!!

nice bhfan lol. I really don't care about the name its just a name a few people came up with on this forum, there is no reason to get upset about it.  

Hey bronco1 that message was aimed at people who jumped on me for making a slight typo. oh and when was the last time Dayton got recognized for getting students ready for college. and I wasn't feeling well and trying to get my profile stuff done before class started. I will fix that typo also, thank you for pointing it out

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice bhfan lol. I really don't care about the name its just a name a few people came up with on this forum, there is no reason to get upset about it.  

Hey bronco1 that message was aimed at people who jumped on me for making a slight typo. oh and when was the last time Dayton got recognized for getting students ready for college. and I wasn't feeling well and trying to get my profile stuff done before class started. I will fix that typo also, thank you for pointing it out

Not sure, but I think it is great that BH is academically excellent. I truly am proud for the district and the kids in your area. Just try to lighten up a little man. This is supposed to be fun.

Guest Ranger83

I will repeat my edit from my earlier post to those who don't go back and read.

Pardon the Typo I was thinking something and typing another thing, and the Academically acceptable was a mistake by the state and we are currently appealing the ruling. FYI c/o 2010's TAKS scores were exemplary with majority 98%. GCCISD is full of section 8 housing and people that don't give a flip about their education. I challenge kids from GCCISD to come to BH and try our curriculum, oh and we had strict discipline where as GCCISD does not. I can go on about all the problems yall have.

(end of edit)

You people don't have to jump on every mistake, but I understand why, its because you are jealous of Barbers Hill, you can't stand that we are academically better than you are. Example: when we have people go to division 1 colleges, they stay in that college and don't drop to a lower one.

What, there are "bad" peolple in Baytown? OMG!

Is section 8 housing similiar to a trailer park? There's none of that in BH.

Go through this checklist again. You might be suprised to learn how close you really are to being a cult.

1. The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or  dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.

‪2. Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

‪3. Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

‪4. The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).

‪5. The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).

‪6. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

‪7. The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).

‪8. The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).

‪9. The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.

‪10. Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.

‪11. The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

‪12. The group is preoccupied with making money.

‪13. Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.

‪14. Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

‪15. The most loyal members (the “true believersâ€) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

I will repeat my edit from my earlier post to those who don't go back and read.

Pardon the Typo I was thinking something and typing another thing, and the Academically acceptable was a mistake by the state and we are currently appealing the ruling. FYI c/o 2010's TAKS scores were exemplary with majority 98%. GCCISD is full of section 8 housing and people that don't give a flip about their education. I challenge kids from GCCISD to come to BH and try our curriculum, oh and we had strict discipline where as GCCISD does not. I can go on about all the problems yall have.

(end of edit)

You people don't have to jump on every mistake, but I understand why, its because you are jealous of Barbers Hill, you can't stand that we are academically better than you are. Example: when we have people go to division 1 colleges, they stay in that college and don't drop to a lower one.

What, there are "bad" peolple in Baytown? OMG!

Is section 8 housing similiar to a trailer park? There's none of that in BH.

Go through this checklist again. You might be suprised to learn how close you really are to being a cult.

1. The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or   dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.

‪2. Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

‪3. Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

‪4. The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).

‪5. The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).

‪6. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

‪7. The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).

‪8. The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).

‪9. The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.

‪10. Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.

‪11. The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

‪12. The group is preoccupied with making money.

‪13. Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.

‪14. Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

‪15. The most loyal members (the “true believersâ€) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

Are you debating a band member? Or are you describing your political party?  ;D

Guest Ranger83

When did "crack pipe" become a BH band instrument?

When we started getting the move-ins from the west side of 146 ;D ;D

I know. Those people moving from Baytown have totally ruined your little community.

Guest Ranger83

Thats putting it mildly :o Who said they are all from Baytown????Theres a house for sale right down the street, if you hurry you too can be a move-in.....You know that you want to be one too ;D

No thanks, one Eagle in the family is enough. It's kind of like having an Aggie in the family. Oh crap, she's an Aggie too. Man, that girl's got problems. :D

Yall are all talking about whose going to with the football game, but Halftime, that's definitely going to be Tha Hill. Back to football, well it might be a nail biter for both teams. I say it will end up a close game. Hopefully our boys will send those purple ponies packin!

LMAO .. thats funny there a band person chiming in . wow . umm i go to watch football not the band . 2 of my sons friends grad last year and no there is no reason to watch them just the fooseball team .LMAO . and i think they just need to hand county line on over to dayton . and the old river shootout umm who ever came up with that . kinda odd . BH is not old river . old river is a small little town that is very quite so to speak . and kids from Old River have to go to Bh . lol . but yeah i think its gonna be down to the wire on this game as my son used to go to dayton back in the day . when he was like in 5th grade . wow makes me feel old . i think 35-28 Dayton wins even without Payton .

Ohh boy, here we go! First of all I really dont care to see the band either but I love to hear them. Second, we all know where Old River is and "The Old River Shootout" is a good name for this game and actually not all of the kids from Old River go to BH. The county line runs right thru Old River and the kids on the North side go to Dayton.

Im now reading your other comments and trying to get you the answers. Your kid went to school in Dayton during the 5th grade and now you feel old. YOU ARE OLD!!! Your prediction is alright I guess but I think Dayton is gonna have a field goal in there somewhere.

i am well aware of Old River boundry's sir . so is my son and yes i am old pushin 50 my son and i where both Firefighters for old river my son is now with westlake down over in liberty county ( about to be ) . and that was just a little prediction i am sure stewart will open a can of unheard of plays and tear the eagle defence down even with the JV QB . Dayton has a team that can and will be back in the state title shot i wished barbers hill would pull there head out there butts and get it in gear they have good players seems as if injuries are killing us though cause all we seem to know how to do is run the ball . I live in woodland acres. but i am a BH fan still but i think stewart will come ready to play . no doubt about it . and i agree i like the music but i am not there to seem the band march at halftime . now being said i am sure people of all kinds will try to tear me apart but it aint gonna work i support bh but i still think the big DAYTON wins from 146 we should call it the battle of SH 146 ha . the busses do not come down 1409 due to being such a dangerous road . i should be at the game tonight but not sure . we'll see

Guest Ranger83

It's 1:03 p.m. and Dayton still Sux.  Okay with UT/OU weekend upon us I just had to do it.

Good luck to both teams tonight and hopefully no injuries.  Now is a bronze Nutria Rat the trophy for the shootout?

They are majestic creatures aren't they? :D

And quite tasty too! At least that's what I've been told.

Guest Ranger83

I'm guessing they taste like Chicken.....I wonder if Eagle tastes like chicken as well??  Going to find out this evening....

You know the difference between a chicken and an Eagle?

When a chicken gets his arse whipped, he does not blame it on the weather. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476