WOS vs. Silsbee/Silsbee wins 13-7/Comments

Even with numbers like that Mark Roberts dropped a pass that would have given WO-S the lead and probably the win.  :P

Kerry, it's comments like that which make you look like a complete idiot.

I am really believing that to be the case for real now.

Are you going to force me to comment on Silsbee's misfortunes tonight? Tigers should have won this game 21-0 at the least.

Mud game anyone wins, ask North Shore.  Tongue  You just can't handle that was the truth with the WR dropped that wide open pass for the go ahead and winning TD. Congrats Silsbee.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to point out on thing that I thought was a little classless in an opponents homefield.  The mustang coaches allowed their players to come across the field sliding on their stomachs in the mud on the Tiger's side of the field. I know this fired up some Silsbee players and coaches.  With limited people in the stands I could hear one Tiger coach saying " That's OK they are about to get all they can handle." And they did.  Yes I did see the Tiger's players as well as a coach doing this after the game but they were celebrating post game on our sideline or the middle of our homefield.

I agree ST413. I thought that was very unnecessary. Backfired on the Stangs.

Even with numbers like that Mark Roberts dropped a pass that would have given WO-S the lead and probably the win.  :P

Are you going to force me to comment on Silsbee's misfortunes tonight? Tigers should have won this game 21-0 at the least.

Mud game anyone wins, ask North Shore.  Tongue  You just can't handle that was the truth with the WR dropped that wide open pass for the go ahead and winning TD. Congrats Silsbee.

SHENANIGANS!!

Guest Silsbee88

WOS offense did not receive 1 point from the Tiger D

Mud game anyone wins, ask North Shore.  Tongue  You just can't handle that was the truth with the WR dropped that wide open pass for the go ahead and winning TD. Congrats Silsbee.

Kerry is crying. It's what he does best. ::)

No excuses for the loss tonight. Both teams played in the SAME mud and the SAME rain. Id have to say as a wos grad i cant ever remember seeing our offense this bad. Our defense plays great game in and game out and it seems like they are on the field for most of the game. Our offense just cant get anything going. Im tired of seeing the SAME few plays ran every game. Tobys gonna have to mix it up. IMO it all starts with the oline. WHERE IS THE BLOCKING??!!! It seems like every play there are 3-4 defensive players in the backfield as soon as the qb touches the ball. After this the qb either holds the ball too long and takes a sack or throws up a wounded duck into double coverage. Idk who the oline coach is this year but it sure looks like we are missing coach baysinger. And as for getting the ball to our play makers....IMO the only "playmaker" ive seen this year was our sophomore running back and wr mark roberts. I havent seen anything out of our so called"playmakers" that were supposed to be the key to winning state this year. Dropped passes are KILLING us. Maybe we need to go back to fundementals...catch THEN run.....

Come on people, it is true the Stangs appear to not be as dominant as they have been in the past. However... They have played 3 great teams in Kirbyville, Jasper, and now Silsbee. But to question if they will make the playoffs is foolish. This is the first district game they have ever lost since dropping down. It is time to back away from the ledge. The Stangs will make the playoffs, and probably still make our area proud as usual. However it is totally uncalled for to call out a high school student by name and infer that he basically lost the game. Congrats to Silsbee, and good luck to all SE Texas teams for the rest of the season

I would like to point out on thing that I thought was a little classless in an opponents homefield.  The mustang coaches allowed their players to come across the field sliding on their stomachs in the mud on the Tiger's side of the field. I know this fired up some Silsbee players and coaches.  With limited people in the stands I could hear one Tiger coach saying " That's OK they are about to get all they can handle." And they did.  Yes I did see the Tiger's players as well as a coach doing this after the game but they were celebrating post game on our sideline or the middle of our homefield.

was this during the pre-game center of the field meeting???

No excuses for the loss tonight. Both teams played in the SAME mud and the SAME rain. Id have to say as a wos grad i cant ever remember seeing our offense this bad. Our defense plays great game in and game out and it seems like they are on the field for most of the game. Our offense just cant get anything going. Im tired of seeing the SAME few plays ran every game. Tobys gonna have to mix it up. IMO it all starts with the oline. WHERE IS THE BLOCKING??!!! It seems like every play there are 3-4 defensive players in the backfield as soon as the qb touches the ball. After this the qb either holds the ball too long and takes a sack or throws up a wounded duck into double coverage. Idk who the oline coach is this year but it sure looks like we are missing coach baysinger. And as for getting the ball to our play makers....IMO the only "playmaker" ive seen this year was our sophomore running back and wr mark roberts. I havent seen anything out of our so called"playmakers" that were supposed to be the key to winning state this year. Dropped passes are KILLING us. Maybe we need to go back to fundementals...catch THEN run.....

A good defence tends to make a good offence look as though they aren't playing well.

Guest Silsbee88

Come on people, it is true the Stangs appear to not be as dominant as they have been in the past. However... They have played 3 great teams in Kirbyville, Jasper, and now Silsbee. But to question if they will make the playoffs is foolish. This is the first district game they have ever lost since dropping down. It is time to back away from the ledge. The Stangs will make the playoffs, and probably still make our area proud as usual. However it is totally uncalled for to call out a high school student by name and infer that he basically lost the game. Congrats to Silsbee, and good luck to all SE Texas teams for the rest of the season

I have not seen anyone call anyone out????

It was pregame as they ran onto the field

Guest Silsbee88

Another thing they did was gather at the endzone on the Tiger sideline after the run through for pregame, and they ran their flag at halftime and came back and stood right at midfield waving their flag.  Not a good idea in someone elses house

Guest Silsbee88

i think hes referring to coop mentioning the kids name who dropped the "go ahead td." i dont know if he wouldve scored or not but he did infact drop the pass so i see no harm in it.

agreed

Another thing they did was gather at the endzone on the Tiger sideline after the run through for pregame, and they ran their flag at halftime and came back and stood right at midfield waving their flag.  Not a good idea in someone elses house

it seems if were gonna do these things we better be able to atleast put up 100 yards of offense.  >:(

to reply to the pregame drama, the mustangs have been running to the end of the endzone to pray before each half.  the silsbee drill team was still on our side where the mustangs always pray in the endzone.  if we would have have ran between the silsbee drill team we would have been called classless.  so we go to the endzone where no one was at and we still have no class.  both teams had a tough time getting things going on offense, silsbee made the plays and wos didnt. thats the bottom line.  silsbee deserved to win.  on a lighter note silsbee beat us in 98.... in the rain. silsbee beat us in 09....in the rain.  i think from now on silsbee game plan against wos should be......pray for rain.   ;D  good game tigers.  

Guest Silsbee88

it seems if were gonna do these things we better be able to atleast put up 100 yards of offense.  >:(

LMAO, that is very true

Why don't we ask WOS

Guest Silsbee88

to reply to the pregame drama, the mustangs have been running to the end of the endzone to pray before each half.  the silsbee drill team was still on our side where the mustangs always pray in the endzone.  if we would have have ran between the silsbee drill team we would have been called classless.  so we go the endzone where no one was at and we still have no class.  damned if we do and damned if we dont.  so whatever helps you guys sleep at nite is fine by me.  both teams had a tough time getting things going on offense, silsbee made the plays and wos didnt. thats the bottom line.  silsbee deserved to win.  on a lighter note silsbee beat us in 98.... in the rain. silsbee beat us in 09....in the rain.  i think from now on silsbee game plan against wos should be......pray for rain.   ;D  good game tigers.  

Did not realize that the drill team was still out there,  I take that back then, I respect and appreciate the fact they gather and pray and I would not care if the had to do it in the home stands! 

Very good post