Vidor vs. Lumberton Predictions?

KFDM COOP

they didnt punch hard enough last week.

Rushes/Yds 71/430

I'd say they punched plenty hard. The last play, egh, I would've gone QB sneak, but maybe that's just me. Having been a center, I know you can punch hard enough on initial contact to generate enough momentum and allow the QB to follow on your coat-tails to go in from 1.5yds out.

If I were the coach I would have said.."QB sneak, on touch..just follow your center home."

But I'm not second guessing Mathews at all. He's never done me wrong, and I wont be one to bad mouth him.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem for Vidor will be going on the road to play the top rated team in district/defending district co-champ after losing such a hard fought game against Central.  Back to back road games against "possibly" the two top teams will be hard.  The intensity/emotion/manner of loss of the Central game may have a lingering effect against Lumberton.  We'll see if the Pirates can put the Central loss behind them and not let one loss beat them twice.

Road games:  Central, Lumberton, Port Neches-Groves, Nederland

Home games:  Ozen, LCM, Livingston

This board is great, most are picking Vidor to win over the defending district champs. 

Lumberton will have a secret weapon for this game................

We are going to borrow Livingston's game announcer and let her yell and scream at Vidor all night long!!

(If you have not played in Livingston yet, you won't understand - just wait)

Lumberton 45

Vidor 21

ROFLMAO!!!!

I did some thinking.  Vidor had to chase down our speedsters all night.  We broke several long runs on their defense because they are slower.  Vidor will not see this kind of speed in the L-train, therefore, making this a lower scoring game.  L-Train will put up some points though, but it will take more plays to do it, raising the chance for more mistakes like fumbles.  Vidor fumbles too, but based on the amount of run plays that Vidor do in a game, those turnovers are nothing.  This game will favor Vidor as well since Vidor's O-line will wear L-trains' D-Line fast.  Lumberton better score on every opportunity or Vidor will pull off the win...

I gotta disagree Soulja, Keith is fast, very fast. I watched this kid all summer run track. He was hangin with good  competition until it went to Austin and San Antonio. He will beat Vidor all night. He will match the problems Vidor had with Daw. Vidor on the other hand will have that running game to counter. Their's another kid Lumberton have also that play opposite of Keith. Lumberton will score points. Just being a realist here :)

Thanks for that information.  Didn't know Lumberton had an athlete.  This could be interesting then...

my pleasure ;)

I can tell you both this, when livingstons rb would break free and everyone thought they would be gone all in a sudden kieth, and pace would run them down from behind. I for one was very surpised by this. and to be honest i believe the pace kid is faster than kieth and just a soph.

wow

Yeah, how'd you guys like that play when Lance ran the back down and caught by the ankle to stop the TD. I didn't notice if Vidor ran a bunch of counters like Livingston did all night, so you can bet the Beast will be gobbling up that middle run.

I figure because we only showed up for the first 24 minutes last year .

Ltrain 28

VEDOOR 14

And got out played the other 24

Vidor 42

Train 28

I still think Vidor brought in a new team for the second half, those guys played like they hadn't even been on the field yet, I can't remember ever seeing a team come out in the second half like Vidor did against us. I really wouldn't count on it happening twice though, you can bet Coach C AND the guys who were on last years teams, be it in the game or on the sidelines, will be ready for another attempted assault.  ;)

The intensity/emotion/manner of loss of the Central game may have a lingering effect against Lumberton

If they were blown out, I could see that being a point. But I wouldn't take a game you played great in as a lingering handicap. (Minus the fumbles of course)

No kidding, look what Dayton did year before last or for that matter what Livingston did last year after losing their first district game to us, both of the teams went undefeated the rest of the season.

I figure because we only showed up for the first 24 minutes last year .

Ltrain 28

VEDOOR 14

And got out played the other 24

Vidor 42

Train 28

I still think Vidor brought in a new team for the second half, those guys played like they hadn't even been on the field yet, I can't remember ever seeing a team come out in the second half like Vidor did against us. I really wouldn't count on it happening twice though, you can bet Coach C AND the guys who were on last years teams, be it in the game or on the sidelines, will be ready for another attempted assault.  ;)

My thoughts exactly........Vidor was GAME ON in the second half......hopefully we learned something from that!

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Does anyone know the last time Lumberton lost at home? Probably can go back to 2006 season sometime. I think homefield could be the difference in this game.

ltrain rolls, vidor d has trouble slowing down their own practice squad, much less the ltrain

Seems like the L-Train have their troubles stoppint the run as well.  Livingston ran wild on that D.  It makes me wonder is Beard even played that game.  I know he normally introduce himself to the opposint RB quit often. 

But this aint Livingston.  Vidor will move the ball.  then about time the 4th quarter comes, Lumberton's D will be worn out...

I think by the 4th quarter the Pirates will have worn them down and have a good lead.  Lumberton's home field advantage might work against them this week as they are too confident that they will run all over the Pirates.  Coach Matthews will have them ready to play for the gold Friday night.

Kelly , St. Thomas , HJ , Central  ::)

Vidor will see a real team for the first time this season when they come to Lumberton.

Our defense will stop their offense and rack up the points.

L-town  48

Vidor     14

LOL! Lumberton arrogance...that's funny stuff. I guess 2-3 years of being decent makes you bullet-proof?

Vidor will see a real team for the first time this season when they come to Lumberton.

L-town  48

Vidor    14

:D :D  That's funny putting us in the same company as them.  You must have forgoten that Livingston rung up 300+ yards on you...  I guess the Lions were a real team... 

L-town  48

Vidor    14

I almost forgot about you playing a 3a team that only won 1 game thus far.  they moned the ball at will against you also for big yardage, and you only beat them By 6 points... ::)

L-town  48

Vidor     14

:D :D  That's funny putting us in the same company as them.  You must have forgoten that Livingston rung up 300+ yards on you...  I guess the Lions were a real team... 

keep it real lumberton fan's! believe me the coaches and the team do not share the same opinion, and 99.9% of the fans don't either!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw