Vidor vs. Lumberton Predictions?

KFDM COOP

I would say this is my final post on this matter, but hey, it's just Tuesday. First things first though, to say Livingstons' running game is better than Vidors', I really wouldn't want to step out on that limb if I were you guys. True, Livingstons' Quinton was an exceptional back and they got some rushing from other players as well, but you can't turn your backs on the fact that Vidor has multiple premier backs. As far as the strong run defense of Lumberton or Vidor and I will throw in Central with this statement, the 3 supposedly top D's faced strong opponents last week, two against each other and let me remind you, those 3 teams' two game were the highest SCORING games of district 20-4A. Secondly, no matter who wins, THIS WILL NOT BE A BLOWOUT BY ANY MEANS, we're talking most likely a win by one touchdown. This game will be decided by whoever can capitalize on the others mistakes and who makes the least mistakes, this is why I'm picking my home team because they seem to do that pretty well. One advantage Lumberton does have over most teams right now, TWO good quarterbacks. The other night when Hughes went down for a couple of plays, Mark Purks stepped in and right off the bat threw a beautiful 36 yard pass right on the money, I had heard he was pretty good but I figured that was just his proud dad talking, but the few plays he ran the other night, he looked pretty comfortable and took good care of the ball. The top four teams in this district in my opinion are now, Central, Lumberton, PNG and Vidor (not ranking, just alphabetic  ;) ), out of those, three of us are really going to need to shore up our defenses against what oddly enough we all do best, running, otherwise we can't count on more than 12 games this year.

Oh, by the way, I saw the Lumberton Police pull over two speedsters drag racing last night, it was Kyler Keith and Lance Pace running sprints down the highway  ::) .....LOL

One final thought to the administators, either see if you can add a learn feature to the spell check or fix it where it doesn't show Vidor as a misspell. :o ;D

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Well fellas, I was just looking over rykers pick em and it seems that Lumberton is definitely the underdog this friday. Let's hope the boys prove them wrong and show that they're still a force to be reckoned with in this district.

Talk about talking trash ..... I've seen more Vidorians say your going to win then Lumberton fans.  It will be hard nose football .... you will soon find out what your made of ......  GOOOD LUCK ...... and keep your heads on a swivel .... cause the L-TRAIN is a COMIN!

GO RAIDERS

Hey Naz I guess I talked enough trash before the Central game I am all trashed out! I love my team and I have high hopes for them, but I am uneasy about Friday night. We need a win badly. It would not be the end of the world if we loose, but I think you can see it from there. We are running like crazy and it is working like clock work, but I just don't know if we can stop your offense. I don't want to see a replay of last Friday night. In a score fest like that it just comes down to who has the ball last. We seem to be healthy and we have a 6'6" 320 lineman that has been hurt but has been released to play in this game. He will be a great addition to the line, hopefully on defense! Well I am not going to predict, or guarentee, or even crow. I am just going to say hopefully a Pirate Ship can do a replay of last year and DERAIL the L-TRAIN! Good luck to you guys and hopefully no one gets hurt! See ya Friday! ;D

Talk about talking trash ..... I've seen more Vidorians say your going to win then Lumberton fans.  It will be hard nose football .... you will soon find out what your made of ......  GOOOD LUCK ...... and keep your heads on a swivel .... cause the L-TRAIN is a COMIN!

GO RAIDERS

Hey Naz I guess I talked enough trash before the Central game I am all trashed out! I love my team and I have high hopes for them, but I am uneasy about Friday night. We need a win badly. It would not be the end of the world if we loose, but I think you can see it from there. We are running like crazy and it is working like clock work, but I just don't know if we can stop your offense. I don't want to see a replay of last Friday night. In a score fest like that it just comes down to who has the ball last. We seem to be healthy and we have a 6'6" 320 lineman that has been hurt but has been released to play in this game. He will be a great addition to the line, hopefully on defense! Well I am not going to predict, or guarentee, or even crow. I am just going to say hopefully a Pirate Ship can do a replay of last year and DERAIL the L-TRAIN! Good luck to you guys and hopefully no one gets hurt! See ya Friday! ;D

I think it's another barn burner ;D

GO RAIDERS

Good post PFL. Vidor definitely has the size advantage. Should be a good one. About the only thing I'm going to predict for Friday night is the house will be packed!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I really don't know why yall think this will be a low scoring game.  Vidor's low in points this year was 35 and that was a simpathy 35 on H-J.  They toped 50+ in 2 games this year one agains a salty defense in Central.  Vidor will score early and often.  Your only hope is to keep up or hope that your linemen take their vitamins and can dance with Vidor's huge line for 48 minutes.  You will also need to score more points than  you did against 3a Silsbee as I see you poured in a stagering 20. 

BTW, even the famous chain gang defense couldn't stop Vidor from getting 35.  Do you think you can, L-Train?

I really don't know why yall think this will be a low scoring game.  Vidor's low in points this year was 35 and that was a simpathy 35 on H-J.  They toped 50+ in 2 games this year one agains a salty defense in Central.  Vidor will score early and often.  Your only hope is to keep up or hope that your linemen take their vitamins and can dance with Vidor's huge line for 48 minutes.  You will also need to score more points than  you did against 3a Silsbee as I see you poured in a stagering 20. 

BTW, even the famous chain gang defense couldn't stop Vidor from getting 35.  Do you think you can, L-Train?

Yes we can.  Correct me if I am wrong but all Vidor does is run the ball.  Stop the run and shut down their offense completely.  There is no "Plan B" for Vidor.  Lumberton got some good film and expirence from Livingston with the mis-direction running they do (just like Vidor).  We are young on defense but they have learned alot in four games this year. 

Looking at the Vidor opponets scoring, the defense is suspect.  Lumberton will stop the run and the L-Train will keep on chugging away.

Yes we can.  Correct me if I am wrong but all Vidor does is run the ball.  Stop the run and shut down their offense completely.  There is no "Plan B" for Vidor.  Lumberton got some good film and expirence from Livingston with the mis-direction running they do (just like Vidor).  We are young on defense but they have learned alot in four games this year. 

Looking at the Vidor opponets scoring, the defense is suspect.  Lumberton will stop the run and the L-Train will keep on chugging away.

Vidor can throw the ball when they have to. The few times they have thrown it they have been very successful

And this is what we call a cockeyed optimist.  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476