Vidor vs. Lumberton Predictions?

KFDM COOP

I messed up.  This will be a lower scoring game.  Vidor played near flawless ball last night against us.  The chances of that happening again is slim.  35-28 Pirates.

Near flawless. If you call putting the ball on the ground 5 times and losing 2 of them which resulted in Central tds near flawless? Central played lights out on Offense and didnt turn the ball over this was the difference in the game.I would think that Vidor has an excellent chance of playing better than they did against Central if the dont put the ball on the ground.

Yes, I meant what I said.  Would have been flawless without those two fumbles.  We only stoped you behind the line of scrimmage like once.  I think you had between 5 to 9 yard a pop the whole game.  Yes, we did play lights out on offense, but we lived with the long play.  Yall forced us to punt and yall did stuff our run a few times.  Tail of two offenses.  Quick strick big play with Central.  Slow paced, clock churning keep the clock moving offense...

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROT-I guess I'll try and make this game as can't see a reason to watch them Broncos rip NF.When to tickets go on sale?Congrads raiders on the win @the Lions den.I predict a very physical game with the winner taking care of the football and having great field position w/few long yardage penalties.I like the home teams chances.I wanted to see the MCM game but was told I probably could not get a seat unless I camped out for a ticket.

Guest JustAPlayersMom

I have to pick Vidor because it is the reason my husband married me.

He said I was unique because I was the only girl from Vidor with a full set of teeth..... ha ha!

Not really from Vidor though, just finished high school there.

Little did he know he really got a West Sabine girl!

Ok this will be heart vs.heart in the Raiders house and pressure is on the pirates as they cannot afford another loss in as many weeks.This game will be as highly rated if not more than MCM.Raiders have big game experience from past years,will they rise to the occasion?

I don't see vidor's run game being much different from Livingston's run game, using multiple backs running it up the gut all night long. I believe that playing livingston before vidor will have our defense slightly more focused. Lumberton's offense will hopefully be on fire just as it was versus Livingston. This time the Raiders will have the homefield advantage!

LR 35    VP 21

I don't see vidor's run game being much different from Livingston's run game, using multiple backs running it up the gut all night long. I believe that playing livingston before vidor will have our defense slightly more focused. Lumberton's offense will hopefully be on fire just as it was versus Livingston. This time the Raiders will have the homefield advantage!

LR 35    VP 21

Okay keep thinking that.

No predictions or trash talk here. Lumberton is a good team. I believe we are better, but we have to find a way to win. Keeping it close is not enough we need to get a lead and build on it early! We also need to play solid Defense. I believe we only stopped Central on 1 drive. They never caused us to punt, but we did have the key turnovers.

Keys to winning:

Run down the middle over and over (we got this covered)

Protect the football (still working on this)

Keep the stupid penalties down to a min. (did good in the central game)

Find a way to win!

Find a way to win!

Start a winning tradition!

We need to expect to win every time. Losing should never be an option! (Lumberton has the advantage here, but we are in control of our own destiny)

This board is great, most are picking Vidor to win over the defending district champs. 

Lumberton will have a secret weapon for this game................

We are going to borrow Livingston's game announcer and let her yell and scream at Vidor all night long!!

(If you have not played in Livingston yet, you won't understand - just wait)

Lumberton 45

Vidor 21

This board is great, most are picking Vidor to win over the defending codistrict champs. 

Lumberton will have a secret weapon for this game................

We are going to borrow Livingston's game announcer and let her yell and scream at Vidor all night long!!

(If you have not played in Livingston yet, you won't understand - just wait)

Lumberton 45

Vidor 21

It irks me how you'll disregard the other teams who shared the district title.

I am going to say lumberton 35 vidor 28  with 2:12 left in 4Th quarter vidor scores makes it 35 lum 34 vidor and trys for two and fails. then a onside kick with lumberton keeping it at the 47 yard line with 1:45 left in game brings it down to the 27 yard line with 35. seconds left. and they go for a filedgoal from 42 yards out and make it. bringing the score to 38 to 34 lumberton whens....

I have one concern about this scenario nation, Guiterrez is still struggling, do you really think he can hit it from 42 yards out?

Vidor, period! L-train is derailed

and there's the first mention of derailment for this game, I think we're gonna be okay now.

I do have a question, I saw this called as being a low scoring afair, since when is 35-28 low scoring? That used to be a high score.

Central, Vidor and Lumberton seem to be scoring alot and the D's came up short in my opinion for all 3 teams, first one to tighten up on the defense takes district I say.

Should be a great game. Livingston ran the ball well on Lumberton and I fully expect Vidor to do the same. Pure smash-mouth football, preceded by more trash talking than the law should allow, will make for an entertaining night for the fans (homecoming week). Rootin' for the Raiders but think Vidor may have the L-Trains number this year. Vidor by 6.

Guest BIG HOUSE

I can assure everyone that Vidor will be able to run the ball all night, but Lumberton will also be able to just keep on scoring all night.

First defense to cause a couple turnovers could win the game, prolly last team with the ball wins...

L-Train- 47

Vidor- 43

If they play defense like they did agaist central they may not win many more either

Good observation.  Like a double edge sword.  They do move the ball very well.  Your right.  They will need to shore up that defense some, though.

I think the big problem Vidor will have is stopping Keith. Keith will have a huge night. They need to contain everyone else. Vidor's offense will move the ball and score often, Lumberton will also. Won't eclipse 113 but will be in the 60' 70' or 80's

I did some thinking.  Vidor had to chase down our speedsters all night.  We broke several long runs on their defense because they are slower.  Vidor will not see this kind of speed in the L-train, therefore, making this a lower scoring game.  L-Train will put up some points though, but it will take more plays to do it, raising the chance for more mistakes like fumbles.  Vidor fumbles too, but based on the amound of run plays that Vidor do in a game, those turnovers are nothing.  This game will favor Vidor as well since Vidor's O-line will wear L-trains' D-Line fast.  Lumberton better score on every oportunity or Vidor will pull off the win...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder