Lamar's First Football Scheduling Dillema

Hey Lamar, Georgia State doesn't list you on their schedule...

GEORGIA STATE'S 2010 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE:

Subject to Change. Home games at Georgia Dome

Sept. 2                  SHORTER (Thursday)

Sept. 18                JACKSONVILLE STATE

Sept. 25              at Campbell

Oct. 2                    MOREHEAD STATE

Oct. 9                    SAVANNAH STATE

Oct. 16                  NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL

Oct. 23              at Old Dominion

Oct. 30              at South Alabama

Nov. 13                LAMBUTH

Nov. 20              at Alabama

This is the hidden content, please

I thought you guys were heading there on Nov. 6.

This is the hidden content, please

Apparently...not?

Terror.. You seem to get happy when ever there are issues for Lamar... I am sure they will figure something out to fill in the game if need be...

This is not an issue with Lamar, is it? It could fall on Georgia State? Either way, it's just interesting to see two schools reporting something vastly different and I'd be talking about any school or schools if this was them. Heck, even SHSU!

If you have followed me outside of your own little world on this board, you'd know that we always talk about such things at the national level of the Football Championship Subdivision. Surprisingly common is the fact there are more than a few schools who have been caught "double-booking" games. It just does not make sense...

Terror - Georgia State doesn't have a game listed for November 6 - so it is likely that there is simply a delay in updating the schedule.  They also only list ten games thus far on their schedule. 

"A delay"...? Perhaps, but then again, they just had a press conference announcing the schedule today and have a release on their web site. They also announced a new logo.

I just do not understand how Lamar announces a schedule. Georgia State follows suit and they do not match-up. These things are interesting...

Reminds me of a situation earlier this year, SHSU announced a schedule with Prairie View. PV announced one a few weeks later without SHSU. SHSU continually called PV and guess what? PV had dropped us without informing us! I do not think the AD or head football coach at PV ever returned calls to the Kats!

Saw this on AGS...the blame is on Lamar, at least in the eyes of Georgia State.

At today's pep rally Coach Curry said that we have had Lamar on the schedule for a while but we have not received a contract from the school yet. So they were not on the unvieled schedule. Interesting to see that shakes out.

Hillarious...this coming from the board that whines and whines for weeks on end about the Lamar basketball roster not being out! Wouldn't want to get in trouble with the NCAA, but who cares? Fans first! Come on Roc!  

This one is actually about public perception, since it has been brought up in a public forum by the athletic administration of another school, after the fact that Lamar released its schedule. Probably will amount to nothing, since now with this out there, LU will get their act together, but still...does not look too good.

Saw this on AGS...the blame is on Lamar, at least in the eyes of Georgia State.

At today's pep rally Coach Curry said that we have had Lamar on the schedule for a while but we have not received a contract from the school yet. So they were not on the unvieled schedule. Interesting to see that shakes out.

Seems to me that there has just been a glitch in the contract being sent.  Doesn't say they are not playing us just that we will not be on schedule til the contract is received. 

TT it is just that sometimes you have a tendency to try and find things about Lamar to be negative about instead of just saying that GS Has not received contract yet so we are not on their schedule.

Always got to find that little smudge on that freshly painted wall. TT just doing what he considers is his job. ::) When it comes to Lamar, TT is the ultimate pessimist.

I'm going to bite my tongue here...enjoy your day!  8)

come to the UTSA board on spurstalk, we always welcome more action :)

Always got to find that little smudge on that freshly painted wall. TT just doing what he considers is his job. ::) When it comes to Lamar, TT is the ultimate pessimist.

I'm going to bite my tongue here...enjoy your day!  8)

come to the UTSA board on spurstalk, we always welcome more action :)

He will bring it! Be careful what you ask for.

Guest coachacola

I think 4 or 5 wins is a realistic goal because some of the games are against non-D1 teams and a few games will be against other new programs so that's where the wins will come from.  There's no FBS teams scheduled the first year so that's good, and it's doubtful that Lamar can win against the 4 SLC teams scheduled, but you never know.

what are yall anticipating as your first years record...if UTSA goes .500 in their first year i will consider that a crazy success

Any further word on the UTSA schedule? Once we know their slate, we could look at wins a bit more. I think UTSA will have just as competitive a schedule as LU.

no word on the utsa schedule, our first national signing day is this feb....we're opening against georgia state university as far as i know...it seems like everything is falling into place, with coker coming in, playing in alamo dome, over 500 kids showing up to our football camp, hopefully the ball keeps rolling

Y'all have some impressive committs too.. I mean the RB who committed over offers from the the Big XII?? Thats pretty dang good.

yeah everyones pretty excited, we have a 3 star running back commit

here is a video clip of the quarterback we are targeting, we have received a soft commit from him

here is a video of the running back i think you are talking about

ive read that one of our OLine commits had an offer from a couple big 12s schools also

you cant really get your hope up too high until they sign their letter of intent or whatever but a lot people are excited about the possibilities

there was an article a while ago how coach coker held a football camp for junior/senior highschool kids, it said a little over 500 kids showed up to the camp and around 200 showed up to texas states, san antonio is VERY excited

• 2 months later...
[quote name="smith" post="722296" timestamp="1259770118"]
TT can sleep easy now:
http://www.georgiastatesports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=53628&SPID=5671&DB_OEM_ID=12700&Q_SEASON=2010

[/quote]

Yep - got taken care of about two weeks ago, I believe.

Not as big a debacle as some of the others, because the teams were just waiting to finalize the contract. Lamar was probably still in the wrong for announcing their schedule without a contract that was finalized (or at least that's the way it seems - since Ga State announced their schedule after Lamar without the game listed).

Lamar is learning the football ropes...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder