Vidor 28, WOS 21/Post Comments Here!!!!!!!!!!

Guest tigersvoice

It was a S C R I M M A G E! It meant N O T H I N G. Both teams will be F I N E.

So G E T O V E R I T.

Can there be a practice scrimmage as opposed to a real scrimmage?  ;D

I believe everyone except Orange County has gotten over it.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are all the vidorians that where calling for the oc's  head the last 2 years? It sure is funny how the vidorians jump off the ship and then back on, depending on how the team is doing.

Fire the oc, no wait make the oc mayor. Lmao

Many of us where right here supporting Coach Matthews because we know how great he is with our boys! But if you remember many of those threads got locked because of all of the comments. Just face it, Vidor will never amount to anything in many of outsiders eyes, but we have a great coaching staff, great team and more fans than we know what to do with and we owe a lot of that to Matthews.

Man i think the moderators have more comments on here than actual fans do. I agree with the fellow who said that Dayton's game was not deemed a PRACTICE but yet Vidor's is. How strange. And why do the moderators care if it goes 1 page or 100 pages; they are here to moderate, not to tell us how many pages a thread can contain. Many people dog the Coop's because their comments as moderators come off as being biased, not saying that other moderators comments aren't biased but that's reason they are being attacked in my opinion. Whether it be deemed a PRACTICE or not one thing can be said, and can not be argued with, Vidor physically dominated the line of scrimmage.

Man i think the moderators have more comments on here than actual fans do. I agree with the fellow who said that Dayton's game was not deemed a PRACTICE but yet Vidor's is. How strange. And why do the moderators care if it goes 1 page or 100 pages; they are here to moderate, not to tell us how many pages a thread can contain. Many people dog the Coop's because their comments as moderators come off as being biased, not saying that other moderators comments aren't biased but that's reason they are being attacked in my opinion. Whether it be deemed a PRACTICE or not one thing can be said, and can not be argued with, Vidor physically dominated the line of scrimmage.

Let me give you some friendly advice.  Don't go after moderators >:( , you could be sitting out for the season.

Let me give you some friendly advice.  Don't go after moderators >:( , you could be sitting out for the season.

Wow aren't we all here to just have a little fun? Seems like that was a serious threat. Seems like we all need to lighten up a little.

Let me give you some friendly advice.  Don't go after moderators >:( , you could be sitting out for the season.

WHAT A FRIGGING JOKE!!!  so if someone questions a mod then the mod inturn has the ability/authority to suspend someones account?

absolute power corrupts absolutely!!!

Guest rykerx144

Every moderator on here is bias toward his team!  Who cares???  The mods on here have always been very generous.  I also believe that posters have ther right to question a mod and his actions, but I believe there is a proper way to do it.  I also believe there is a proper way for mod to warn people about their comments.  I believe that as a mod if you choose to warn a poster on a thread u should just simply advise him of the rules and give him the blanket warning what ever it should be.  If you choose to warn him in a threatening type manner and boast about getting posters suspended off the softball site you can expect him to respond in a similar manner.  

Man i think the moderators have more comments on here than actual fans do.

Who is to say that moderators aren't real fans?  We have opinions just like everyone else.  

As to how much stock is to be put into a scrimmage, as I stated BEFORE the Dayton scrimmage, sometimes a little too much emphasis are attached to scrimmages. When I look to the results of a scrimmage, it is what did a team do well, what did they not do well, is it a problem that can be fixed and is the team healthy.  Let's just say that after this scrimmage there is no reason for the Mustangs to be cocky.  Quite simply, pretend.....for real or whatever, Vidor exposed some problems that Coach Hooks, Coach Thompson and the rest of the Mustang staff and team will be hard at work correcting this next week.

Let me give insight to my last post. I was not attacking any moderator. I was just saying that i didn't think it was right for one to say it is ridiculous for people to post so much on one single thread as if he/she were saying we were posting to much. Who is to say how many pages one thread can go, let the people decide that one.

Guest rykerx144

Coachs could care less about the scores of a scrimmage.  Scores usually just reflect which school had the most long yardage plays thats it!  Coachs are going through the play books and seeing how well the players know the plays and how they excute them.  THATS IT!!!  Theres no game plan theres no strategies, and majority of practice its the younger players and backs ups playing.  Its simply a glorified practice!  How do you determine who wins that????  If you ask me the coach that is able to determine where hes weak and not excuting on the long runs and scoring plays is the winner!

Let me give insight to my last post. I was not attacking any moderator. I was just saying that i didn't think it was right for one to say it is ridiculous for people to post so much on one single thread as if he/she were saying we were posting to much. Who is to say how many pages one thread can go, let the people decide that one. 

OK, point taken.

78, as far as still talking about the scrimmage results, I could care less if you continue talking about the scrimmage during Week 10 of the season!  If you're postin', you're readin'.....and if you're readin', then SETXSPORTS must be supplying something that y'all like. 

And that, my friends, is what it is all about.

78, as far as still talking about the scrimmage results, I could care less if you continue talking about the scrimmage during Week 10 of the season!  If you're postin', you're readin'.....and if you're readin', then SETXSPORTS must be supplying something that y'all like. 

I was kinda thinking the same thing, but there have been posts on this thread that indicate this is not the case.

I was kinda thinking the same thing, but there have been posts on this thread that indicate this is not the case.

I understand, Gas.  But that being said, if they REALLY didn't want the discussion to continue, they do have the tools to ensure that the discussion ended.

just going to join the fun and say wow i love that its football time again. so many opinions and comments makes me giddy all over. just goes to show you how passionate people in this area are about their football when a comments post goes 22 pages. just awesome. now back on subject. i did attend the scrimage and vidor did look very good. i do however feel the mustangs did not give it there all and it really showed. However that should not take anything away from vidor as even if we were giving it are all i still believe vidor would have given the mustangs a good game. i hope people know that what they saw in this scrimmage was just a small taste of what both of these teams will have to offer this year. both will do fine and i look forward to seeing some of y'all at the games. Keep up the good work on this site as it is a great way for people to voice their opinions and comments. My hats off to a site that can give people a way to express themselves in such a manor as to feel pride for their teams. good luck to both teams and hope they stay injury free and give me plenty of things to talk about in the weeks to come. GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!

Congratulations to Vidor on an impressive showing.  Taking it to my Mustangs has got to boost the confidence of your team, and rightly so.  To me, it doesn't matter if WO-S had key players out with injuries, how many 2nd stringers were used, no special team returns on punts & kickoffs, etc.  I don't want to take anything away from the fact that Vidor outplayed WO-S.  Some issue has been made about why WO-S didn't "win" this scrimmage or at least play better.  Regardless of insufficiencies on WO-S's part (which I think they'll iron out in time), I think more emphasis need to be placed on the fact that Vidor is good.  This is probably the best team they've had since '78 and I can't knock the enthusiasm of their fans for what they're expecting this season.  It's still way too early for me to be convinced that they will win the district (though I hope they do) because they've had a few decent teams in recent years and just couldn't put together a string of good games.  If the Pirates can play consistently solid in all their district games, even if they don't win all of them, this could finally be their year.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder