Vidor 28, WOS 21/Post Comments Here!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Vidor on an impressive showing.  Taking it to my Mustangs has got to boost the confidence of your team, and rightly so.  To me, it doesn't matter if WO-S had key players out with injuries, how many 2nd stringers were used, no special team returns on punts & kickoffs, etc.  I don't want to take anything away from the fact that Vidor outplayed WO-S.  Some issue has been made about why WO-S didn't "win" this scrimmage or at least play better.  Regardless of insufficiencies on WO-S's part (which I think they'll iron out in time), I think more emphasis need to be placed on the fact that Vidor is good.  This is probably the best team they've had since '78 and I can't knock the enthusiasm of their fans for what they're expecting this season.  It's still way too early for me to be convinced that they will win the district (though I hope they do) because they've had a few decent teams in recent years and just couldn't put together a string of good games.  If the Pirates can play consistently solid in all their district games, even if they don't win all of them, this could finally be their year.   

Thanks Griff you said exectly what I have been trying to say. We here in Vidor have not been saying we are going to win district although we would love to! We are just excited to have a good team that has the  potential to do it. This should be a good year for us although looking at the outcome of all of the other "practices" there will be a few other good teams also! Of course you guys will do great! You always do. It is just nice here in Vidor to have some real hope. ;)

Man my eyes are burning, 22 pages of reading i dont think i read that many pages in a row when i was in school. Good job Vidor on whatever the game is called LOL.

Thanks LTrain. Sounds like you guys made a great showing last night also! It is going to be interesting!

just going to join the fun and say wow i love that its football time again. so many opinions and comments makes me giddy all over. just goes to show you how passionate people in this area are about their football when a comments post goes 22 pages. just awesome. now back on subject. i did attend the scrimage and vidor did look very good. i do however feel the mustangs did not give it there all and it really showed. However that should not take anything away from vidor as even if we were giving it are all i still believe vidor would have given the mustangs a good game. i hope people know that what they saw in this scrimmage was just a small taste of what both of these teams will have to offer this year. both will do fine and i look forward to seeing some of y'all at the games. Keep up the good work on this site as it is a great way for people to voice their opinions and comments. My hats off to a site that can give people a way to express themselves in such a manor as to feel pride for their teams. good luck to both teams and hope they stay injury free and give me plenty of things to talk about in the weeks to come. GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!

How about this......Go Orange County! ;D  Yes I am including LCM in this also just not when they play us!

Well i will say this, im glad my Indians dont have to go to Vidor to play the Pirates this year. Many of us in this district will in fact be forced to walk the plank after being physically beaten all night long. Playing them will be tough all year, but especially so at their field. I am also sure the staff at WO-S will be prepared for their season, their coaches have been second to none, and not only the envy of the district, but of the state.

How about this......Go Orange County! ;D  Yes I am including LCM in this also just not when they play us!

It will be interesting to see how LC-M looks with Crouch at the helm. Hopefully bad against us of course,  ;D but I hope that they do have a good showing this year. The kids deserve a decent program over there in North Orange.

Personally, I miss the days of us playing WO-S and Bridge City in 4A competition every year as well. I hope that all Orange County teams make people sit up and take notice this year.

Man my eyes are burning, 22 pages of reading i dont think i read that many pages in a row when i was in school. Good job Vidor on whatever the game is called LOL.

Thanks LTrain. Sounds like you guys made a great showing last night also! It is going to be interesting!

Your welcome Pirate, sounds like yalls Boys have it together this year keep it up.

Let me give insight to my last post. I was not attacking any moderator. I was just saying that i didn't think it was right for one to say it is ridiculous for people to post so much on one single thread as if he/she were saying we were posting to much. Who is to say how many pages one thread can go, let the people decide that one.

It was mostly (or all) jokes. No one has said how many pages a thread can go or should go. I find it humorous that one of the longest threads ever in the high school football forums is about a meaningless scrimmage. More power to 'em. That is what keeps this site a good one. Maybe this thread can keep me humored for another 30 pages or so.

No one should take it any more than just ribbing however. Any more than that and someone is taking life and high school football too seriously.

Let me give insight to my last post. I was not attacking any moderator. I was just saying that i didn't think it was right for one to say it is ridiculous for people to post so much on one single thread as if he/she were saying we were posting to much. Who is to say how many pages one thread can go, let the people decide that one.

It was mostly (or all) jokes. No one has said how many pages a thread can go or should go. I find it humorous that one of the longest threads ever in the high school football forums is about a meaningless scrimmage. More power to 'em. That is what keeps this site a good one. Maybe this thread can keep me humored for another 30 pages or so.

No one should take it any more than just ribbing however. Any more than that and someone is taking life and high school football too seriously.

good point tvc.

Maybe not life but definitely HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

Very true...

Good Job Vidor!! There I said it. They manhandled us up front. I hope Vidor has a great season. But...the uproar over this scrimmage is hilarous. Its obvious who wins on a regular basis and who doesn't. Vidor you cant get on here pounding your chest and then go 5 -5. Do it when it counts.

Guest gladiator2

This many post's after a scrimmage. Are you kidding me? This is an example of people who are not use to winning at anything, much less a practice. For one thing you are this excited about playing well against a 3A team who in no way should have the depth that a 4A team should have. I can see it does not take much to get the people over in Vidor happy, just have a good practice and you would think that they finally made the playoffs. Do it when it counts!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn