Vidor 28, WOS 21/Post Comments Here!!!!!!!!!!

It's hard to stop the Offense Vidor has with 18 returning Players and a huge line. WO-S will be fine and will not have to face a big 4A team down the stretch. As i said earlier the year WOS went to State they lost both scrimmages that year and were worried if they would win another game. Hopefully Haynes will be ok along with the Lineman.

Was Haynes injured on the hit along the sideines?

When vidor scored that last touchdown to put them at 28.......James was chasing after the guy and he jumped for him (to tackle him) and it seemed he might of just landed on his wrist the wrong way. Im pretty sure its when it happened but i could be wrong...

Hats off to vidor, i was impressed with overall play. If vidor can run the ball and get 4-5 yards a play...watch out in district play. I would like to see vidor play a team that has size close to them. The mustangs are a good test but they just dont have the size like vidor showed. Best of luck to the pirates

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way too much emphasis put on scrimmages.

Vidor hasn't been to the playoffs since 2000. I am not ready to crown them district champs by outscoring a 3A team in a scrimmage. They play @ Central and @ Lumberton to open district. Need to win both of those games to win district.

Couldn't agree more, Chad. But I liked what I saw. I am sticking with my pick.

Vidor hasn't been to the playoffs since 2000. I am not ready to crown them district champs by outscoring a 3A team in a scrimmage. They play @ Central and @ Lumberton to open district. Need to win both of those games to win district.

No one said anything about crowning anyone..I really don't know what  the year 2000 has to do with 2009..But when you have over 400 yards of offense against a WOS defense you have to like your chances..

the score could've been worse...

vidor was on top of their game...

i wish that wo-s didn't have any starters missing... it might've been a better game

the running back for wo-s was number #43 and i don't know his name but he was very quick and surprisingly strong for such a small guy...

he'll be good for the next 3 years if he's a sophomore

Now we all know that if Vidor would've lost that everyone have dogged Vidor like they always do. "Typical Vidor to choke against a team with talent." Not saying that OF doesn't have talent but we all know that's what would've been said. I do appreciate all the possitive comments about the Pirates. To correct things Mathews started subbing a FEW in the second quarter and more from then on. I also don't see what 2000 or any other year has to do with the Pirates team this year. It's not like any of those players are on the field anymore, Vidor has a good group this year but will need to work very hard to stay on top. With this being said I think it was a good show by both teams and the coaches have seen what they need to work on for both sides of the ball. Good luck to both teams year. Keep it up Pirates!

Vidor did well. They run that Wing T to near perfection. It's hard to stop when you have the correct personnell to run it. The Mustangs just didn't play very good assignment defense and you have to against that offense. I think Vidor will do well this year.

I was proud to see the offense get untracked in the second half. You guys kill me with the "second team" stuff. Subbing in players is done during games and it does not contitute the "2nd team". I was there as well and there were 5 or 6 guys on each side of the ball that never left the field for Vidor so please stop the "2nd team" crap trying to insinuate it could have been worse. Hell, we kept shooting ourselves in the foot in the first half or it could have been closer. I mean, it is what it is.

As for someone mentioning that Vidor doesn't run the Wing-T as well as Les Johnsons BC offenses, I'm sorry, but I have to totally disagree. WOS shoved that offense up the collective butts of many a Les Johnson BC team. Very few times have I seen a team run over us like Vidor did tonight. That's a fact.

From what I witnessed tonight at the scrimmage its gonna be tough to stop Vidors Offense. I understand that WOS is a 3-A school but does Dayton have a team this year ? Whats got me puzzled is Dayton could only score 7 points on WOS and Vidor could have scored @ will (without turnovers).

WOS had a good defender sitting out for the scrimmage but how much could this one player have helped ? I will admit that I have been hard on the pirate fans since I've found this website but they are for real and until you see them you won't understand.

* as for WOS us Nederland fans will find out how good they are when we play.  It would just be hard for me to believe that both Dayton and WOS have weak teams especially in the same year and for those that doubt Vidor thats basically what your saying.

You took it out of context.....

It's been since 2000 since Vidor has been to the playoffs so they aren't a team that goes to the playoffs each season. If the Pirates had been to the playoffs a few times over the last 9 years, I could justify (somewhat) penciling them in as district champions because of returning starters and a scrimmage win.

But since they haven't been to the playoffs in nearly a decade, I will not go on record saying they are going to win district after a scrimmage.

Touchdowns for Vidor: 2 by Pitman, 1 by Tate and 1 by Peevey (about 99% sure on that)

#43 from West Orange was pretty good... Reminded my of Darren Sproles from K-State... Good scrimmage overall from my boys though... Pitman, Peevey and Tate ran the ball amazingly well, but it was all about the holes the O-line was opening up... Congrats guys... Also great job by Dozhier running the offense... Looking forward to this season...

Wow!  How quickly everyone forgets...  Does no one remember how Vidor tied WO-S 14-14 last season in a scrimmage AT WO-S and subsequently ended the season 5-4 (3-4 in district) without making the playoffs while WO-S went 10-1?

Click here --->

This is the hidden content, please

I echo the sentiment of the other moderators/administrators in regards to how there is no win or lose in scrimmages.  Vidor has always played WO-S tough in regular season games and actually is tied with TJ for having the most wins all-time against WO-S (they both have won 7 times each).  Both PN-G and Nederland have only won against us 6 times each, and Jasper and West Brook have won 5 times each.

AGAIN...  good luck to all local teams this season.  I will be rooting for any and all teams that advance in the playoffs from the area!

Vidor has the strength and size to run that offense and I really don't see where road games like Lumberton and Central are going to effect what they do when they can overpower other teams like they are capable of doing with that offense.    WOS had 8 people in the box at all times and knew where the ball was going and could not stop them. How are you supposed to stop it ? They're big and not just the lineman . I sat on the WOS side and by the end of the 1st QTR you could look around and see everyones jaws on the ground including my own. SHOCKING

From what I witnessed tonight at the scrimmage its gonna be tough to stop Vidors Offense. I understand that WOS is a 3-A school but does Dayton have a team this year ? Whats got me puzzled is Dayton could only score 7 points on WOS and Vidor could have scored @ will (without turnovers).

WOS had a good defender sitting out for the scrimmage but how much could this one player have helped ? I will admit that I have been hard on the pirate fans since I've found this website but they are for real and until you see them you won't understand.

* as for WOS us Nederland fans will find out how good they are when we play.  It would just be hard for me to believe that both Dayton and WOS have weak teams especially in the same year and for those that doubt Vidor thats basically what your saying.

Thanks Ned these are fair comments!

Thanks Ned these are fair comments!

Your welcome but this doesn't mean that we are friends. I still think we are going to kick your tails. :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86