Vidor 28, WOS 21/Post Comments Here!!!!!!!!!!

from what i understand the seniors got their silver helmets the first day. all the white helmets are the guys trying to make varsity.

Venom, that was exactly what I was told on the sidelines last Friday night by a couple of WOS coaches. I asked why the different helmets and that was the answer I got. These were players that were JV last year, not necessarily this year.

You were ON the sidelines talking to WOS coaches during a scrimmage and you are a DIE HARD Silsbee fan?  Am I the only one that thinks something is wrong with this picture?  LOL

I was doing work for this site. But, contrary to what some think, I do have friends at WOS, including a few coaches. I made sure I kept my place there on the sidelines and didn't get in anyones way.

At least I was on the Mustang sidelines instead of the Bronco sidelines. Oh, and I did donate $20 to the kitty for Mustang Athletics. Just ask Coach J. H.

I will ask him, but where are the results for what you did for this site?  Pics?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i understand the seniors got their silver helmets the first day. all the white helmets are the guys trying to make varsity.

Venom, that was exactly what I was told on the sidelines last Friday night by a couple of WOS coaches. I asked why the different helmets and that was the answer I got. These were players that were JV last year, not necessarily this year.

You were ON the sidelines talking to WOS coaches during a scrimmage and you are a DIE HARD Silsbee fan?  Am I the only one that thinks something is wrong with this picture?  LOL

I was doing work for this site. But, contrary to what some think, I do have friends at WOS, including a few coaches. I made sure I kept my place there on the sidelines and didn't get in anyones way.

At least I was on the Mustang sidelines instead of the Bronco sidelines. Oh, and I did donate $20 to the kitty for Mustang Athletics. Just ask Coach J. H.

I will ask him, but where are the results for what you did for this site?  Pics?

I kept stats and posted them in a thread for anyone that was interested. No pics, battery was dead.

BTW, that wasn't the only scrimmage I went to that day. ::)

ok let me get this out of the way.vidor is not going up agnest a team like thay did last week.now that being said ,last year i do belive it came out as a tie score i do belive. now yes vidor has a big bunch of kids as thay always do,coach matt like the run it at u football ,are should i say stop me if you can style. ok moveing along now vidor, is not as big as dayton thank god for that lol. the kids at west orange stark  know what thay must do ,WORK ON WHAT thay could not do last week agnest dayton (WHO CARES ABOUT THE SCORE NOT ME).i said at one point i posted is watch out for vidor and that still stands in my book

That is true.  Seniors are the only ones who automatically earn their silvers.  The rest have to wait to see if they earn their silver as well.  It's a tradition and a good one.  There's nothing like your son coming home after going in and seeing his silver hanging in his locker!  Gotta love it!!!

I have to take the Mustangs in this one!  Go 'Stangs!!!

According to this poster over at 3ADownlow, those weren't JV players on the defense. They were last year's JV players.

Here's the post from 3Adownlow by member WOS1:

I have to agree with you Matt. No one knows if they are a title contender at this point or not. All I know is they lost their 2 best players from last year, Green and Dugat. They do have a few guys back from last years defense and they look to be better there (which they needed to be). They have a nose guard who may be the best I've seen. He is a monster! It's exciting to do so well against a 4A team that went to the state title game last year, but it needs to be kept in perspective. We don't really know, yet, how good they are. However, it's much better and more impressive than doing that against a 2A team that didn't even make the playoffs last year.

One more thing, 87, I think you are getting a few to many updates from the "homer of all homers"... LOL . Dayton scored against our, potential, number 1 defense. I'm sure you were told by Mr homer that they were JV because of the white hats. That only means that they are underclassmen who have not yet earned their Silver, but that will be your defense (with a little tweaking). The bright spot is that they got better every series and did show some good potential. Dayton will be a good team no matter what and though they may not be a state contender, they are definitely a district title contender in 4A and a lock for the playoffs.

This was also explained to me by a couple of WOS coaches to be the case. They were players that will be on varsity but haven't earned the silver yet.

That is me over on 3a Downlow and what I wrote is fact. That was not the WOS JV. I don't know if someone just doesn't understand or they are trying to make an excuse for us giving up a TD to Dayton. Personally, I don't see the big deal. We gave up one TD on the first series then handled them pretty well after that. Dayton is a good team, one TD at the start is not something to be alarmed about.

According to this poster over at 3ADownlow, those weren't JV players on the defense. They were last year's JV players.

Here's the post from 3Adownlow by member WOS1:

I have to agree with you Matt. No one knows if they are a title contender at this point or not. All I know is they lost their 2 best players from last year, Green and Dugat. They do have a few guys back from last years defense and they look to be better there (which they needed to be). They have a nose guard who may be the best I've seen. He is a monster! It's exciting to do so well against a 4A team that went to the state title game last year, but it needs to be kept in perspective. We don't really know, yet, how good they are. However, it's much better and more impressive than doing that against a 2A team that didn't even make the playoffs last year.

One more thing, 87, I think you are getting a few to many updates from the "homer of all homers"... LOL . Dayton scored against our, potential, number 1 defense. I'm sure you were told by Mr homer that they were JV because of the white hats. That only means that they are underclassmen who have not yet earned their Silver, but that will be your defense (with a little tweaking). The bright spot is that they got better every series and did show some good potential. Dayton will be a good team no matter what and though they may not be a state contender, they are definitely a district title contender in 4A and a lock for the playoffs.

This was also explained to me by a couple of WOS coaches to be the case. They were players that will be on varsity but haven't earned the silver yet.

That is me over on 3a Downlow and what I wrote is fact. That was not the WOS JV. I don't know if someone just doesn't understand or they are trying to make an excuse for us giving up a TD to Dayton. Personally, I don't see the big deal. We gave up one TD on the first series then handled them pretty well after that. Dayton is a good team, one TD at the start is not something to be alarmed about.

Thanks Gas for clearing that up. I was wondering why some folks were considering those players JV guys. I saw maybe two or three players for WOS see the field in both the JV and Varsity scrimmages, but that's all. I asked one of the coaches about the different color helmets and they told me exactly the same thing what Venom and stang4life said in their posts.

I agree, giving up 1 TD to Dayton is not shameful and it definetly doesn't call for making up any excuses.

At least I was on the Mustang sidelines instead of the Bronco sidelines. Oh, and I did donate $20 to the kitty for Mustang Athletics. Just ask Coach J. H.--------    Hey "W" don't believe him ! he tried to pull that $20 deal on the Broncos and we sent him packing because Dayton has a strict "NO AGGIES ARE WE " policy. :-\

At least I was on the Mustang sidelines instead of the Bronco sidelines. Oh, and I did donate $20 to the kitty for Mustang Athletics. Just ask Coach J. H.--------    Hey "W" don't believe him ! he tried to pull that $20 deal on the Broncos and we sent him packing because Dayton has a strict "NO AGGIES ARE WE " policy. :-\

::) ::) ::)

We are trying to get our buses back so every $20 helps.  ;D ;D

I agree with you Gas, and if not for the 4th and 17 pass interfence call the Mustangs hold a very good Dayton team to 0 points.

back on the subject of vidor and west orange...

In biased my opinion, i think that vidor will come out hard in the first quarter and play just as hard in the 4th.

West orange doesn't block anyone really and the scrimmage between them and dayton was won on a play where the right tackle scooped up the ball and ran it in...

i haven't been impressed with west orange lately and they are a team that vidor could end up managing quite easily...

and vidor has some big old boys on the o and d lines...

this will not be a cake walk for west orange by any means

In biased my opinion, i think that vidor will come out hard in the first quarter and play just as hard in the 4th.

West orange doesn't block anyone really and the scrimmage between them and dayton was won on a play where the right tackle scooped up the ball and ran it in...

i haven't been impressed with west orange lately and they are a team that vidor could end up managing quite easily...

isnt scoring on a fumble recovery still part of the game of football?????   ::)

WOW!

wos lost funding for their buses, but I'm pretty sure they still have a copier somewhere in the administration office.  Even though its just a scrimmage, I bet there are a few thousand copies of this message pasted all over the locker room walls!!

yes it is, but it doesn't count in scrimmages. ;D i'm gonna go out on a limb and say the scrimmage should be pretty even if vidor keeps the ball off the turf. i just hope both teams come thru it with minimal injuries. it should be a pretty physical scrimmage. i think the coaches for both teams know they're in for a tough scrimmage.

yes it is, but it doesn't count in scrimmages. ;D i'm gonna go out on a limb and say the scrimmage should be pretty even if vidor keeps the ball off the turf. i just hope both teams come thru it with minimal injuries. it should be a pretty physical scrimmage. i think the coaches for both teams know they're in for a tough scrimmage.

thats odd.... after it happened we had 6 more points on the scoreboard.  ;)

Iam a Pirate fan tried and true but can give you no help on this one. How can you not be impressed with WOS? All they do is win over there and make the playoffs every year. Coach Hooks does a great job and has one of the areas elite programs

Iam a Pirate fan tried and true but can give you no help on this one. How can you not be impressed with WOS? All they do is win over there and make the playoffs every year. Coach Hooks does a great job and has one of the areas elite programs

Hey Pirate, don't worry, bro. There's one in every crowd... ;D

WOS 89-You're not telling the correct story bout Dayton/WOS scrimm.I kept tabs on paper.On defense the broncos held the mustangs 1st-5 possessions to 5-1st dwns.=5 punts. After halftime #8 Ploch went out w/cramps and played very little-#10 the jv qb overthrew every pass-Soph.rb #22 fumbled twice turning the ball over both times.Dayton lost composure.Late in the 4th qtr.a fumble was ruled player down-words were spoken-ref tacked on a long penalty and a few plays later WOS lineman scooped up a fumble and took it in.That is the real story my friend.

Here are the stats for that scrimmage:

1st Half

Dayton

rushing  21 carries 104 yards  1TD

passing  6-11  35 yards

total  139 yards on 32 plays

first downs  8

WOS

rushing  10 carries  35 yards

passing  1-9  -2 yards

total  33 yards on 19 plays

first downs  2

2nd Half

Dayton

rushing  10 carries  13 yards

passing  2-6  12 yards

total  25 yards on 16 plays

first downs  1

WOS

rushing  24 carries  74 yards  2 TDs

passing  6-6  92 yards

total    166 yards on 30 plays

first downs  9

Total

Dayton

rushing  31 carries  117 yards

passing  8-17  47 yards

total  164 yards on 48 plays

first downs  9

WOS

rushing  34 carries for 109 yards

passing  7-15  90 yards

total  199 yards on 49 plays

first downs  11

WOS 89-You're not telling the correct story bout Dayton/WOS scrimm.I kept tabs on paper.On defense the broncos held the mustangs 1st-5 possessions to 5-1st dwns.=5 punts. After halftime #8 Ploch went out w/cramps and played very little-#10 the jv qb overthrew every pass-Soph.rb #22 fumbled twice turning the ball over both times.Dayton lost composure.Late in the 4th qtr.a fumble was ruled player down-words were spoken-ref tacked on a long penalty and a few plays later WOS lineman scooped up a fumble and took it in.That is the real story my friend.

OK.... I've kept the WOS folks from "sugar coating" facts so don't you try and do it. Yes, I was there and Ploch did not go out "after halftime". He played all but the last 2 possessions of the 4th qtr.

OK.... I've kept the WOS folks from "sugar coating" facts so don't you try and do it. Yes, I was there and Ploch did not go out "after halftime". He played all but the last 2 possessions of the 4th qtr.

////////////////////////////// I was there too! 2 possessions of the 4th qtr. not even close - he laid out on sidelines off and on the whole second half and some of 2nd qtr. he would go in for a play or two and come right back out then go back in to punt. Far as I know this is his first yr.to ever play Q-back as he has been one our best receivers playing in the shadow of all American AJ Dugat. Dayton has a complete new back field and was not as polished as WOS 's (might I say your dual threat Q-back is excellent) It will take us a few games to gel and get our offense up to full speed and when they do this team will look completely different, but that's what scrimmages and non dist. games are for.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder