Vidor 28, WOS 21/Post Comments Here!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with Matthews and he said it will probably be a 4Q deal, what ever Coach Hooks wanted to do.  :D

Really, that will play more into what they need to work on... run behind those big ole linemen and try to wear you out.

Really, that will play more into what WOS needs to work on... running up the score !

I don't see anyone running up the score on Vidor this year!

We here in Vidor appreciate the kind works COOP! I am looking forward to this one. I believe this will tell us alot more about what our guys are made of. I think they are going to be really good, this gives them the opportunity to prove it. :)

According to this poster over at 3ADownlow, those weren't JV players on the defense. They were last year's JV players.

Here's the post from 3Adownlow by member WOS1:

I have to agree with you Matt. No one knows if they are a title contender at this point or not. All I know is they lost their 2 best players from last year, Green and Dugat. They do have a few guys back from last years defense and they look to be better there (which they needed to be). They have a nose guard who may be the best I've seen. He is a monster! It's exciting to do so well against a 4A team that went to the state title game last year, but it needs to be kept in perspective. We don't really know, yet, how good they are. However, it's much better and more impressive than doing that against a 2A team that didn't even make the playoffs last year.

One more thing, 87, I think you are getting a few to many updates from the "homer of all homers"... LOL . Dayton scored against our, potential, number 1 defense. I'm sure you were told by Mr homer that they were JV because of the white hats. That only means that they are underclassmen who have not yet earned their Silver, but that will be your defense (with a little tweaking). The bright spot is that they got better every series and did show some good potential. Dayton will be a good team no matter what and though they may not be a state contender, they are definitely a district title contender in 4A and a lock for the playoffs.

This was also explained to me by a couple of WOS coaches to be the case. They were players that will be on varsity but haven't earned the silver yet.

from what i understand the seniors got their silver helmets the first day. all the white helmets are the guys trying to make varsity.

Venom, that was exactly what I was told on the sidelines last Friday night by a couple of WOS coaches. I asked why the different helmets and that was the answer I got. These were players that were JV last year, not necessarily this year.

from what i understand the seniors got their silver helmets the first day. all the white helmets are the guys trying to make varsity.

Venom, that was exactly what I was told on the sidelines last Friday night by a couple of WOS coaches. I asked why the different helmets and that was the answer I got. These were players that were JV last year, not necessarily this year.

You were ON the sidelines talking to WOS coaches during a scrimmage and you are a DIE HARD Silsbee fan?  Am I the only one that thinks something is wrong with this picture?  LOL

You were ON the sidelines talking to WOS coaches during a scrimmage and you are a DIE HARD Silsbee fan?  Am I the only one that thinks something is wrong with this picture?  LOL

I was doing work for this site. But, contrary to what some think, I do have friends at WOS, including a few coaches. I made sure I kept my place there on the sidelines and didn't get in anyones way.

At least I was on the Mustang sidelines instead of the Bronco sidelines. Oh, and I did donate $20 to the kitty for Mustang Athletics. Just ask Coach J. H.

Vidor will have a long evening if the scrimmage goes 4 QTRs . WOS should dominate on both sides of the ball.

I just don't agree. I think Vidors Defence is going to be tough. I also think the pirates will be able to move the ball with some success!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline