Silsbee summer tourney next weekend, who's in it

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are kidding? They lost to TWO 3A schools? wow.....So whats the season record for those schools now.... ::).....0-0! They don't count!....Sorry, but try them again in November, when ITS FOR REAL.... 8)

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

You jealous, DV?

Jealous? Of WHAT? I just stated the fact that those two losses that you guys are celebrating dont even count....Thats just the truth...sour grapes? makes no sense....Gotta go..On my way to Austin....Talk to you boys on Wednesday... 8) 8)

Not if we have anything to say about it. ;)

Guest stevenash

You are kidding? They lost to TWO 3A schools? wow.....So whats the season record for those schools now.... ::).....0-0! They don't count!....Sorry, but try them again in November, when ITS FOR REAL.... 8)

You also need to learn that the only games that "count" or "matter" must be declared as such by a particular individual.  If said individual declares a tournament to be worthless, then it undoubtedly is.  Furthermore, summer league games have no value but if you are in Las Vegas it matters a lot.

Did Kountze look like they could do well in 2A next year??

They should do well. If Roman can stay outside and not have to be moved inside, that will help them tremendously. McDaniel may have to help at the point until the freshman can get the confidence. Kountze's lack of size (Roman being their biggest player) may hurt them. And when I say lack of size, I don't mean just the post players. Kountze has several guards that look no taller than '5'6 and weigh no more than 125lb. They do have alot of quickness.

Haven't been on here in a while. I was at the Silsbee Summer Tournament and have to agree with a few of the people on this board. This tournament was a success. Travis, Ira and Coach Jubert (spelling) did a tremendous job! They got some plenty of teams in this tournament to make it successful. A lot of people may think that these summer tournament are worthless but to tell you the truth, you are not the one playing in these tournament. All of the players in this tournament played with heart and had the will to want to play against better competitions even when they weren't deep in the bench or didn't have many players on thier team. I was mostly inpressed with Spurger, playing with 6 players and undersized in most of the games had to be tough on them but they never gave up. Silsbee looked to be one of the top teams in 3A along with Cleveland. In my opinion, ozen was a one man team in most games that I have seen in this three day tournament. Decarlos Frank is a great player, no doubt but his attitude wasn't on point with his team, coach and the official, he doesn't show much respect but he isn't the only player that does that. I'm not putting him down or bashing him in no way or form. Livingston did a pretty good job with thier group. I only seen one player on that team that looked to be the best player. He was the tallest one on the team. They do play aggressive, which I like to, and defense was was good to. After hearing a lot about Nederland this summer, I was expecting more from them but then I was told forney and a couple of thier pontential starters didn't get a chance to play this past weekend so they couldn't expect the outcome they were hoping for. HJ did a good job this weekend to. They play unselfish, there only problem is they won't have a superstar and offense production that they had in the past. I could go on and on about more teams but all I'm really trying to say is. Don't think just because it summer basketball that the players doesn't play hard at all. And because it was a silsbee tournament don't judge and say it was worthless when you weren't even there. (were you there DV? LoL). All in all, great end of the summer basketball tournament and that's coming from your own. Silsbee resident Babyboi_Prettyboi

Guest Ricthepic

Congats to everyone that played in and put on a great summer tournament. It's a shame that it was not during a period when college coaches could come and evaluate prospects. No matter, great tournament.

Did Kountze look like they could do well in 2A next year??

They should do well. If Roman can stay outside and not have to be moved inside, that will help them tremendously. McDaniel may have to help at the point until the freshman can get the confidence. Kountze's lack of size (Roman being their biggest player) may hurt them. And when I say lack of size, I don't mean just the post players. Kountze has several guards that look no taller than '5'6 and weigh no more than 125lb. They do have alot of quickness.

Devin Brey will be back:)

Brey coming back does make quite a bit of difference. He will help keep Roman outside. But if he comes with that attitude that he has displayed recently, then it might be detrimental to the Kountze cause.

Even so, having Brey back would change alot of things as far as Kountze's stature in Region III.

Silsbee had this sitiuation a few years ago with a couple of players. Ashton Hall was to have played for Silsbee since he actually lived with his mother in Silsbee( they live two houses down from my parents, my dad talks to Ashton all the time) but Kountze and another school in Silsbee's district fought it and Ashton ened up playing his senior year in Kountze.

The other player was a football player. Adrian Peterson (yes that Adrian Peterson) moved to Silsbee with his mother the summer before his senior year and it looked as though he would enroll at Silsbee. But Palestine's coaches convinced his mother into letting him live with one of the coaches so that he could finish there at Palestine.

It's all about establishing legal residence but you can't transfer for just athletic reasons.

Well it sounds like it was a great tournament, I wish I could have been there...I don't care what DV says he is just trying to belittle the tournament so it wont look so bad. I really missed another great opportunity to see some more great Bball. Congrats to Cleveland we figured it would come down to them and Silsbee

Silsbee had this sitiuation a few years ago with a couple of players. Ashton Hall was to have played for Silsbee since he actually lived with his mother in Silsbee( they live two houses down from my parents, my dad talks to Ashton all the time) but Kountze and another school in Silsbee's district fought it and Ashton ened up playing his senior year in Kountze.

The other player was a football player. Adrian Peterson (yes that Adrian Peterson) moved to Silsbee with his mother the summer before his senior year and it looked as though he would enroll at Silsbee. But Palestine's coaches convinced his mother into letting him live with one of the coaches so that he could finish there at Palestine.

It's all about establishing legal residence but you can't transfer for just athletic reasons.

As long as he lives in Kountze there wont be a problem.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder