Silsbee summer tourney next weekend, who's in it

Can anyone tell me about to Kountze/Cleveland game??

Kountze just did not have the size to match up with Cleveland. Big '6"6 Cedric Reed, the blue chip football star controled the paint. The two twins shot the ball well and attacked the basket. Walker and McDaniel were really the only scoring threats for Kountze. Plus, Cleveland had the better bench. They were able to play about 9 players compared to Kountze's 6.

It was close in the first half but Cleveland was able to build a 14 point lead in the second half and then held off a little rally by Kountze to win it by 7. The better team won this game. Cleveland could very well win this tourney.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevenash

That is what I was just told.

They may have had to revamp the whole Friday schedule due to Evadale dropping out. I will be headed up there at 4pm and will try and get the complete schedule.

I'm hearing that HJ and Silsbee will play each other at 7 PM tonight

No way AAW!!!!!!!  Silsbee has the athletes, the depth.........no way HJ can compete!!!! ;D ;D

I watched Silsbee dismantle a decent Woodviile team last night, 58-18. I then watched HJ finally put away a Nederland team after really letting them hang around too long. Nederland was kind of dissappointing to me.

Gus, Turner and Ricossa are doing a pretty good job of leading this team, but they need more help. I did not get to see their loss to Anahuac but Todd told me about it. I watched Anahuac lose to Beaumont Select, was not impressed with either team.

You and I both know that when these two schools play each other, regardless if it's district, playoffs, or summer league, the level of play increases for both teams.

If our other '6"7 player (Jones) shows up, Silsbee will take this one. He hasn't played a game in this tourney yet.

Here is this evening's schedule of games:

Main Gym                  Aux Gym

4pm LCM/Spurger              Central/Orangefield

5pm Ozen/Anahuac            Livingston/Ozen JV

6pm Silsbee/Lumberton      Kountze/Woodville

7pm HJ/Silsbee                  LCM/Livingston

8pm Central/Ozen JV          Ozen/PA Heat

9pm Spurger/B. Select        Orangefield/Cleveland

10pm Anahuac/Nederland

The only change made is Silsbee playing against HJ at 7:00. Silsbee DOES have back to back games starting at 6:00 against Lumberton.

Final 3 games of the night:

Spurger 50

B. Select 43

Cleveland 48

Orangefield 27

Nederland  39

Anahuac  26

A few notes from today's games:

I mentioned earlier that Spurger only suited out 5 players, very impressed with this team.

In the Ozen/Anahuac game that Ozen won 36-28, this game was tied at half, 19-19. Anahuac played tough the entire game, Franks hit two big threes towards the end of the game to seal it for Ozen.

Silsbee had to play back to back games, beating Lumberton in the first one, 59-35. Silsbee rested their top 7 players the last 6 minutes of this game to be ready for the next game against HJ. Silsbee defeated HJ 40-28 but this game was close for 3/4 of the game. HJ led 10-9 at half! Silsbee finally took the lead with 6 minutes left and then extended out to 10 with 3 minutes left and then held on for the 12 point win.

Ozen/PA Heat, what didn't happen in this game? Heat coach was kicked out of the game half way through the first half, Franks of Ozen was kicked out right before half, and then a Heat player walked off the court at halftime, leaving the Heat with just 5 players. Mouths were constantly running during the first half and it took several technicals and the two ejections to finally calm things down. The Heat ended up winning this one 45-41, as Ozen missed Franks scoring ability. I will be curious to see what team the Heat brings with them tomorrow.

Here are the final pool standings:

Pool A                  Pool B                  Pool C

Silsbee 4-0          Central 2-1          Ozen 2-1

LCM    2-1            Kountze 2-1          Anahuac 1-2

Spurger 2-2          Orangefield 0-3      Hardin-Jeff 1-2

Pool D                  Pool E                  Pool F

Cleveland 3-0        PA Heat 3-0          Beaumont Select 2-1

Livingston 2-1        Nederland 1-2        Woodville 0-3

Lumberton 0-3                                  Ozen JV 0-3

These are the teams that qualified for bracket play:

Silsbee

PA Heat