Silsbee summer tourney next weekend, who's in it

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozen, Central, Yates, Hightower, Memorial, Strake Jesuit, Huntsville, Wheatley, and Chavez all were invited to this summer tourney but declined saying they couldn't afford to lose to any 3A or 2A schools. ;) ;D

I was at last years tourney and there was a lot of AAU teams in it, I asked about a 1a team to see if you thought they might be wasting there time at this tourney or not,do you think they can compete or will they be blowed out every game. ;) ;)Spurger plays 8 & 10 pm thursday unless things change between now and then.

Whether or not the 2013-2015 3-a State Champs will be there or will they be attending 2 a days?

Sorry, but one of the 2015 has an expense paid trip to Virginia for the week to play ball against some of the top players in 2015 ;) And one of Dickie's future players will be playing on the same team.

Guest stevenash

Whether or not the 2013-2015 3-a State Champs will be there or will they be attending 2 a days?

Sorry, but one of the 2015 has an expense paid trip to Virginia for the week to play ball against some of the top players in 2015 ;) And one of Dickie's future players will be playing on the same team.

That should not matter.  A juggernaut of this magnitude would be impressive even with a player or two missing.  They probably would win the tourney.

That should not matter.  A juggernaut of this magnitude would be impressive even with a player or two missing.  They probably would win the tourney.

But it does matter. Thats the point or missing piece

Im not sure which tourney is the hardest out of silsbee summer and Nederlands summer tourney but Sabine Pass played some heck of ball. I could stand corrected but i believe we(sabine) was the only team in our age group to go undefeated 8)(no championship game)

I think Spurger will have a shot at anything thrown at them ;)

PS Me(Wasson(25) Jones(30) Just the other day was arguing about who's guarding who during the season always an exciting game when we play

Always haten on HJ....I thought another year under your belt you would have matured some. You know they do things exactly by the book. I know it is hard to fathom why they have had so much success, instead of trying to make unethical accusations, ask for help they are nice guy's they will help. NOT your cheating...

Court Side, Usually the only trouble the smaller schools have in this one is depth.I didn't go last year but usually there aren't any AAU cubs in the field.Travis and Duane put it together for the Kountze summer league teams and invite some of the clubs from the triangle.The competition is great and it will benefit the Spurger club greatly.After the pool games they could play 4 games on Saturday which is tough if you don't have a pretty deep club.Good luck and I'll come check it out if I'm in town this weekend.

Court Side, Usually the only trouble the smaller schools have in this one is depth.I didn't go last year but usually there aren't any AAU cubs in the field.Travis and Duane put it together for the Kountze summer league teams and invite some of the clubs from the triangle.The competition is great and it will benefit the Spurger club greatly.After the pool games they could play 4 games on Saturday which is tough if you don't have a pretty deep club.Good luck and I'll come check it out if I'm in town this weekend.

Thats going to the thing for our guys, I think we are bringing 7 some of the guys cant make it.

Last year 2 teams from PA heat. I just assumed some of the others was AAU teams

Spurger has some good athletes and should make a good showing .....

Technology might find its way to the tourney

Care to explain, coach's dad? ;)

This guy has the technology to make the rims expand or contract at any given time with a a hand held device thats no bigger than a quarter.......some teams make it to Austin using this approach......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder