Lumberton Football

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no its not the best team Lumberton has had. The last 2 teams were better teams

You also have the 95 team that went 8-2 and missed the playoffs by 1 point losing to LCM. I wanna say LCM and WOS both made deep playoff runs that year.

not the best.....but good! Beard, both Sparks kids, Keith, and quite a few returners will make this a deep run. they got a good qb who controlls the game pretty ggod, and I think this running back (just a jr.) will carry the load really well now that he will be the featured back......one other question,is Sean Sparks going to play fullback.....at 235 he would be a load and he he's got decent speed and I think he got a little fullback last year, right?

Guest #1raider

Sean Sparks played a little bit of full back, but it was only for one or two games. He was being played more on deffense so they took him out of that pos. This year it looks like it's going to be more at tightend and d-end.

Doesnt a TE need to be able to catch or are you saying they wont throw to him?

pretty much. Ty Choate will be the starting TE Sean will only play there when needed.

Plus the guy has been a TE for the last 3 years. So he has done pass catching drills and everything else a TE does during practice.

wtb.....I gotta tell ya....I am really impressed with your post....you seem to have so much insight and I really respect your opions....how do know so much about this district?

I still think they should put S Sparks at fullback.....your thoughts?

Guest BIG HOUSE

L-Town better show up with there uniforms on ready to battle in the Dayton scrimmage....You know Dayton is looking for a win in that one.......no excuses.. ;D

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

It's in Lumberton this year and I want to say around the 15th, 16th, or 17th of August, whichever date falls on a Sat.

It's in Lumberton this year and I want to say around the 15th, 16th, or 17th of August, whichever date falls on a Sat.

Copied this off of the Scrimmage Schedule forum, can't guarantee whether it's right or wrong.

Aug. 15 Cleveland 7pm

Aug.  Pasadena Memorial

Crosby

Aug. 21 @ Texas City 7pm

Dayton

Aug. 15 @ WO-S

Aug.  Lumberton

Central

Aug. 22 @ LaMarque

Ozen

Aug. 21 Nacogdoches

LC-M

Aug. 15 Texas City at Crosby 7pm

Aug. 22 Silsbee

Aug.  Baytown Lee

Livingston

?

?

Lumberton

Aug. 15 Bridge City

Aug.  @ Dayton

Last year the scheduled scrimmage between Dayton and Lumberton was moved to Dayton because of weather conditions, if I remember right. I assumed we would travel to Lumberton this year but it sounds like they are sticking to the original plan.

Lumberton at Dayton on the 21st or 22nd.

How is our line looking this year ?

Talked to one of our linemen yesterday at church. He says they are a little smaller than last year but much faster, the ball will be aired out a little more and he assured me that Ryan's accuracy and poise will be much better now that he has experience under his belt. That was great news to me because you could see he could throw and had a strong arm, just wasn't consistent. Look for L-Town to open it up this year with a slightly different game.

has anybody heard of this kid in Lumberton named Sean Sparks? I was in lumberton Taco Bell and a bunch of people were goin on and on about him? He is mentioned in Texas football monthly, but not much on stats......maybe a late bloomer?

Apparently a big kid who's put on some size and runs in the 4.7's

Sean is 6'2'', 235. He runs a 4.7 forty and a 4.1 shuttle. He powercleans 315, benches 305, and squats around 450. Incredible pass rusher who will definatley have a breakout season this next year. Explosive, aggressive, powerful, and quick. Watch this kid.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder