the real story from tyler,tx!!!!! Especially for Sabinebball

First of all Let's make it clear that NW was all over Sabine.  Lead the game from the start.  Up by as much as 8 in the first.  Sabine strugggled to find shots and turned the ball over atleast 10 times the first half.  New Waverly pentrated their zone easily.  They spread the ball out with two minutes left in the half and penetrated easily.  Now here is the big Question?  Why let an inferior team hang around by playing a zone?  Thats all they have ever done, they have no bench so why let their only five guys rest?  I think it was a great move.  They chose to stay back all the had to do was come out and the game would have been on!!!!!  They actually called NW cowards.  Seems to me like the coward sat in a zone down by three or maybe he knew he didn't stand a chance if he tried to play man to man.  Now on to the fourth.  NW went back and fourth got to the rim but didn't convert.  Still up four with one minute left things went crazy.  First NW gets a charge called, Sabine misses and NW rebounds Sabine obviously has to foul and a kid is draped  on the rebounder but their is no call, ball goes out of bound to Sabine.  They finally get a look and hit a 3 and cut it to one.  Next they get a 10 sec call!!!!!!!!!!!! They score and go up 1.  NW goes the floor misses and gets the rebound!!!  12 is murdered on the put back and ices two.  NW doesn't even allow them to get a shot off.

NW held Sabine to 19 pts first half.  Sabine clearly couldn't run with them so they sat back and waited.  The boys tried to come up and the coach sent them back!!!!  Sabine was only 5 deep and wasn't use to running, evident by the losses they took when they came to SETX.  Thing is they got beat at their own game, " CONTROL BASKETBALL." SabineBBALL please!!!  After playing Kountze, Hudson, Cleveland, Brenham, Galveston Ball, Leggett, Anahuac, Diboll etc  What in the He@@ could Sabine bring to the table the DOGS hadn't seen!!!!!  You should have seen those great shooters trying to create a shot.  They were so out of sync!!!

Sabine ball say whatever you want to make yourself feel better, but all that bragging you do on these sites about how much ball your kids  played over the summer, bottom line you guys really weren't that good.  If NW stays on you, you guys run out of gas any way!!!

All I know is if the NW kid doesn't hit the 2 FT's at the end of the game, the NW coach would have had a REAL hard time explaining that loss to the Bulldog faithful.  And I'm 100% sure you wouldn't be defining what "Stall-ball" is.

But congrats on getting back to Austin.  Hopefully the Bulldogs will put on a better performance than they did last year.

Well you obviously don't know much.  Why would you let a team sit in a zone.  NW didn't stall, Sabine was losing and refused to come out and get them.  Think about that icky, NW was WINNING.  The pressure is on Sabine to catch up, you have to score the most points to win remember?  Now follow me.  You usually have to come out of the zone when you are losing because a jump shot is a lower percentage shot than a lay up.  So if you were winning, which would you prefer your team to shoot, lay ups or jumpers?  Stay with me its hard to shoot lay ups against a zone, so what do you do? MAKE THEM PLAY MAN, IF THEY  DONT COME OUT YOU WIN THE BALL GAME.  I AM NOT A COACH BUT THATS NOT HARD TO FIGURE.

Real story if anyone wants to watch the tape let me know and I will make you a copy.  NW jumped out to a 7-0 lead and Sabine settled down.  All over Sabine yeah right!  NW couldn't stop Jackson (who by the way is my son).  Shoved him out of bounds twice on 3's turning his ankle the 1st time no call either time.  They had no answer for him.  As to not having a chance playing man here is the fact---NW scored a grand total of ONE FG in the 4th quarter when Sabine went man.  Jackson was knocked to the floor and NW kid had a wide open 3.  That was it for the quarter. The charge Jackson took was  because the NW kid as most of them were ran down the lane out of control.  Sabine had 6 fouls in the 4th quarter and Sabine had 3.  12 wasn't murder on the put back.  Defender blocked ball then body contact which for 31 minutes and 56 seconds was play on.  Ref bailed NW out and you know it.  I have seen the replay over 10 times and 99 out of 100 times that is a non call.  As to us not wanting to run we can run with anyone and have proved it time and time again against you "athletic teams".  As to our SETX loses lets see double OT lose to WOS.  2 point and 13 point (was 4 point game with 3 minutes) loss to 3A region 3 champions HJ on their home floor. NW won and Kudos to their kids but don't try to call out one of the best 2A teams in the state and say we couldn't play basketball with big bad NW who had to resort to stalling for most of the game.  Funny how you say we would have run out of gas.  It doesn't appear as your COACH thought that.  Take your win but don't even call out OUR team and say we really weren't that good.  Maybe if your guys got in the gym and learned how to shot you might be able to beat a great team in a zone!! 

UNLIKE YOUR KIDS SABINEBALL, NW KIDS ALL PLAY FOOTBALL AND ARE QUITE SUCESSFULL.  AS A MATTER OF FACT THEY WENT 3 ROUNDS DEEP IN FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS WHILE YOU WERE SHOOTING JUMPERS.  SO THEY DIDN'T TOUCH A BALL UNTIL DECEMBER.  WHAT ABOUT YOUR GUYS.  JUST BE GLAD YOU DROPPED TO 2A OR YOU WOULDN'T HAE GOTTEN THIS FAR .   PLUS YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY ANYONE TO GET TO REGIONALS.  30 IS A PLAYER, HE HAD SOME GUTS BUT THE REST, PLEASE THEY WERE NON-EXISTENT.  YOU ARE CRYING ALL OVER THE INTERNET.  GO TO BED AND IT WILL FEEL BETTER TOMORROW.   TAKE THE LOSS LIKE A MAN.   WHEN YOU WAKE UP TOMORROW PULL UP THE TWO SCHEDULES ON MAX PREPS AND LETS SEE WHO HAS THE TOUGHER SCHEDULE.  MATTER OF FACT PASTE THEM ON HERE FOR ALL TO SEE.   YOU GUYS PLAYED A BUNCH OF GAMES BUT DIDN'T PLAY MANY QUALITY TEAMS.  NW ON THE OTHER HAND: HUDSON-3A REGIONAL, LEGGETT 1A STATE, CLEVELAND 3A QTRS, BRENHAM 4A QTRS,  BALL 5A D.C.   SAD PART IS ALL WE DID WAS BEAT YOU AND YOU WON'T EVEN PULL FOR YOUR OWN REGION.   :'( WE WOULD HAVE PULLED FOR YOU.   

Guest baseball25

why complain......NW won a ugly game so be it....I know you saw that ugly game this yr in the Big ten.....I mean it happens...NW stalled but you know what they got the win and going to the state tourney 2 straight yrs....As a coach you always find away to win..a win is a win....

I am over the loss by the way.  For you other folks if someone wants to win and then turn around and say and his quote is above " bottom line you guys really weren't that good" how do you expect the opponent to react?  I bet everyone of you would have something to say then!!

Congrats to NW on the win and the state berth.They have been my pick to return out of region 3 since I saw them early in the season.You gotta congratulate Sabine ,anyway you look at it,If you play in the finals in region 3 you have a very good ball club.It's always harder on the parents to lose these games than it is the kids.Congrats to both clubs,the region is full of teams that would have loved to be in this conversation.

I think region 3 was very competitive this year and next year probably gets even tougher.  Looking at a lot of rosters a lot of the top teams had a lot of underclassman.  Is the big guy from Newton a senior?  NW loses 2 kids I know one was all state last year not sure about the other one.  Kountze looks like they will be very good.  Arp was young this year and will be back strong next year.  Sabine loses 2 seniors starters but have the big 3 back with some kids ready to move up and fill in.  Not sure about Anuhuac.  Franklin and Hearne look like they are losing a lot.  Should be fun doing this again next year!!! 

Sounds to me that Sabine had possibly figured something out about NW and NW was worried and decided to stall because they felt that was the only way that they could win!!!!!!

That a munch off crap.Sabine stay in there zone.And NW held the ball.The coach said old lady in the stands were giving him the finger. :D :D :D

Sounds to me that Sabine had possibly figured something out about NW and NW was worried and decided to stall because they felt that was the only way that they could win!!!!!!

KP, I understand why some would be upset with how New Waverly went about winning this game. But, isn't that what a coach is suppose to do? Find a way to win a game, whatever strategy that is. It got them to Austin and that's all that matters.

I do know one thing, I am sure glad I wasn't there broadcasting this game. ;) ;D

KP, I understand why some would be upset with how New Waverly went about winning this game. But, isn't that what a coach is suppose to do? Find a way to win a game, whatever strategy that is. It got them to Austin and that's all that matters.

I do know one thing, I am sure glad I wasn't there broadcasting this game. ;) ;D

I am sure the radio and internet guys were fumbling for something to say.  I have went back on this site and others from the begginning of the year and the least you could do was give Sabine props since you said they had NO chance against NW.  I will give you props for stating NW was #1 in the region!!!  Hopefully next year you will appreciate us a little more lol

That a munch off crap.Sabine stay in there zone.And NW held the ball.The coach said old lady in the stands were giving him the finger. :D :D :D

Coach should retire and become a cheerleader.  He lead the chants of "Man UP" for 7 minutes with the crowd.  Everyone knows it was meant to question the Sabine players and coaches Manhood.  Despite some folks denials to the contrary.  Tell him to stick with coaching and leave the pom poms to the cheerleaders.  I can understand his apprehensions about playing us in the zone but you want to act like that some little old lady is going to give you the finger and you deserve it!!!  

Coach should retire and become a cheerleader.  He lead the chants of "Man UP" for 7 minutes with the crowd.  Everyone knows it was meant to question the Sabine players and coaches Manhood.  Despite some folks denials to the contrary.  Tell him to stick with coaching and leave the pom poms to the cheerleaders.  I can understand his apprehensions about playing us in the zone but you want to act like that some little old lady is going to give you the finger and you deserve it!!!  

BTW Catman you are another one that said Sabine had no chance all year!  "Man Up"

I am sure the radio and internet guys were fumbling for something to say.  I have went back on this site and others from the begginning of the year and the least you could do was give Sabine props since you said they had NO chance against NW.  I will give you props for stating NW was #1 in the region!!!  Hopefully next year you will appreciate us a little more lol

Props.

Stall for a 1-2 minute stretch is one thing but for 8 dang minutes!!!!!

We all want to be entertained with good bb play. I dont like the stall but if you feel like thats what its going to take to go to the next round so be it. The defenseive team has an option to allow or make them play.......congrats to both teams on a successful season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• He's steadily improving rapidly. Not that your opinion matters much based on some of the wild projections you've made on this site 
    • Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
  • Topics