the real story from tyler,tx!!!!! Especially for Sabinebball

a couple of rounds ago, HJ had a lead against cleveland with about 4 minutes to go, and the Hawks were trying to stall the ball.  Cleveland came out and pressured, forced two turnovers in a row, and went from trailing to leading in about a minute and a half.  The hawks were forced into a position to where they had to start running their offense again.  stalling might be boring to watch, but it can win a game if the other team does nothing about it.  it's relatively easy to keep a team from stalling.  go out and force the action.  you might get a steal, force a bad pass, a 5 second violation, back court violation, etc.  it's on the team that's trailing to force the issue, not the team that's leading.  it may not be the "manly" way to win, but they're the team going to state.

a couple of rounds ago, HJ had a lead against cleveland with about 4 minutes to go, and the Hawks were trying to stall the ball.  Cleveland came out and pressured, forced two turnovers in a row, and went from trailing to leading in about a minute and a half.  The hawks were forced into a position to where they had to start running their offense again.  stalling might be boring to watch, but it can win a game if the other team does nothing about it.  it's relatively easy to keep a team from stalling.  go out and force the action.  you might get a steal, force a bad pass, a 5 second violation, back court violation, etc.  it's on the team that's trailing to force the issue, not the team that's leading.  it may not be the "manly" way to win, but they're the team going to state.

I never said it was unmanly to stall.  Talk to NW folks about the manly comments/chants.  All the NW posters said NW dominated the game the first half which is why they stalled.  Stall if you want but don't say you dominated the game.  That was my point!  Sabine let them hold the ball mainly because it shortened the game for us and with our best player on a bad ankle made sense to let them hold the ball the whole quarter.  Fourth quarter Sabine manned up and held NW to one FG.  They played great defense too holding us to 7 points.  Bottomline is it was a great game that could have gone either way!  I really would have loved to see the mad folks from NW if they don't get that last call.  I expect there would have been fist fights all throught the stands on their side!!

I never said it was unmanly to stall.  Talk to NW folks about the manly comments/chants.  All the NW posters said NW dominated the game the first half which is why they stalled.  Stall if you want but don't say you dominated the game.  That was my point!  Sabine let them hold the ball mainly because it shortened the game for us and with our best player on a bad ankle made sense to let them hold the ball the whole quarter.  Fourth quarter Sabine manned up and held NW to one FG.  They played great defense too holding us to 7 points.  Bottomline is it was a great game that could have gone either way!  I really would have loved to see the mad folks from NW if they don't get that last call.  I expect there would have been fist fights all throught the stands on their side!!

Time for you to log off buddy.  You have no team left playing so stop clogging up the boards.  You lost.

Time for you to log off buddy.  You have no team left playing so stop clogging up the boards.  You lost.

I see where Shallowater has 2 6'7"s and score in the 60's or 70' every game.  NW may have to stall again lol. Sorry I couldn't resist.  I still have teams to root for.  Slocum is there and so is Teneha and would love to see HJ win too.  Good luck to NW!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami