Absolutely Amazing!!!!

Lazeek

I witnessed the very fans that are praising the HJ coaching staff when the Hawks win turn their backs on the coaching staff tonight.  It is ridiculous!!!!  I was embarrassed to hear some of the comments come out of some of these people's mouths.  Those that said it should realize that this team is where it is because of the coaching staff!!!!!!  Here is a few quotes that I heard:

--All these white coaches always want to play these white kids..........

--It would be nice to play the Seniors instead of some of the younger kids............

--The black (they used another word that I will not say) kids are the only good players that we have and they should get it every time..........

This would not happen if we had a black coach.......

All of this is pathetic and I ashamed that I know all of the people that said these things.  They should be embarrassed for saying them.  If it is that big if an issue then go to school on Monday and take your kid out of school and enroll him somewhere else!!!!!!!!

Guest ST4life

I witnessed the very fans that are praising the HJ coaching staff when the Hawks win turn their backs on the coaching staff tonight.  It is ridiculous!!!!  I was embarrassed to hear some of the comments come out of some of these people's mouths.  Those that said it should realize that this team is where it is because of the coaching staff!!!!!!  Here is a few quotes that I heard:

--It would be nice to play the Seniors instead of some of the younger kids............

--The black (they used another word that I will not say) kids are the only good players that we have and they should get it every time..........

All of this is pathetic and I ashamed that I know all of the people that said these things.  They should be embarrassed for saying them.  If it is that big if an issue then go to school on Monday and take your kid out of school and enroll him somewhere else!!!!!!!!

:o

That kind of stuff always happens.  I heard folks slam Todd one year when he was still in Kountze when they lost in the state finals.  One of them was the middle school volleyball coach at the time.  

Travis experienced the same nonsense the other night when HJ won in Silsbee.  Some parents are just straight up ignorant.  

No kidding, the lady behind me that kept refering to coach Sutherland as a "d.a."(I appologize if yall take that as implied cussing, I just used this as an example of one of the things I heard and quite frankly it was pretty clean compared to some of the suff that they said) because her (certain player) only got a few minutes of play time.

Todd is the best coach in this area.  He builds kids up and has them perform at levels higher than their abilities really should allow.  He is a stand up guy that models his expectations.  He did the same when we were in Kountze.  To those HJ faithful who think you know everything, go educate yourselves and get a coaching job.  Until then how about you go polish those state trophies this man has.

Todd is the best coach in this area.  He builds kids up and has them perform at levels higher than their abilities really should allow.  He is a stand up guy that models his expectations.  He did the same when we were in Kountze.  To those HJ faithful who think you know everything, go educate yourselves and get a coaching job.  Until then how about you go polish those state trophies this man has.

I couldn't have said this any better, Tiger90. Good post.

I will add though, that Todd does an excellant job of surrounding himself with great assistants.

This sort of bitter, selfish, parental grumbling highlights what a great job the coaches do of keeping this team together, and winning.  I think the players also do a great job of supporting each other, across all sorts of cultural divides.  It's definitely these kids who give me hope for the future of this country.

This sort of bitter, selfish, parental grumbling highlights what a great job the coaches do of keeping this team together, and winning.  I think the players also do a great job of supporting each other, across all sorts of cultural divides.  It's definitely these kids who give me hope for the future of this country.

God only knows that it is not some of their parents that are making this a better place to live and be in. :D :D :D

I've realized that High School parents can be cut throat.  I think this is a shame.  First off Travis is an awesome coach, overall great guy, and motivates atleast 20 teenage boys to strive to be thier best.  The HJ coach also must do this because he has some hardware in his cases to show for it also.  Now I was always taught that everyone is equal, be it your color, creed, or nationality.  To blame either of these two men with the stuff i've read is crazy.  Color didnt win that game in Silsbee last week, determination did,  HJ boys wanted that game more  than Silsbee that night.  Was they talking down thier coach then?? Doubt it.  And all that talked Travis down last week are you trashing him tonight with the win. Doubt It!  We as parents need to sit back and let things play out.  Yes every parent wants thier child to succeed you would be a bad parent if you didnt, but why tear other people down to achieve that.  Why cant we say lil johnny's shooting was off, or they shut us down , or even my child just  had a bad night.  It should be an honor for our kids to represent thier school, expecially with thier talent, but we as parents WE should also honor them and thier coaches for what they have ACHIEVED not what they did or didnt do or what color kid played or who didnt.  The coaches play who they think will make them win and it hasnt been a problem obviously  because both teams are winners.  Let them do thier jobs, heck they couldnt be doing it tooooo bad with the records they have between the two of them.  Anyways i'm sorry for the kids whose parents belittle everything they work for just to blame others.  Win as a team, lose as a team.  And parents we have an option as adults.....If we dont like it we dont gotta go there , be there, or enjoy thier success while they are there. Keep up the good jobs both coaches and KIDS, have fun....  And Silsbee lets all the way this year...

I've realized that High School parents can be cut throat.  I think this is a shame.  First off Travis is an awesome coach, overall great guy, and motivates atleast 20 teenage boys to strive to be thier best.  The HJ coach also must do this because he has some hardware in his cases to show for it also.  Now I was always taught that everyone is equal, be it your color, creed, or nationality.  To blame either of these two men with the stuff i've read is crazy.  Color didnt win that game in Silsbee last week, determination did,  HJ boys wanted that game more  than Silsbee that night.  Was they talking down thier coach then?? Doubt it.  And all that talked Travis down last week are you trashing him tonight with the win. Doubt It!  We as parents need to sit back and let things play out.  Yes every parent wants thier child to succeed you would be a bad parent if you didnt, but why tear other people down to achieve that.  Why cant we say lil johnny's shooting was off, or they shut us down , or even my child just  had a bad night.  It should be an honor for our kids to represent thier school, expecially with thier talent, but we as parents WE should also honor them and thier coaches for what they have ACHIEVED not what they did or didnt do or what color kid played or who didnt.  The coaches play who they think will make them win and it hasnt been a problem obviously  because both teams are winners.  Let them do thier jobs, heck they couldnt be doing it tooooo bad with the records they have between the two of them.  Anyways i'm sorry for the kids whose parents belittle everything they work for just to blame others.  Win as a team, lose as a team.  And parents we have an option as adults.....If we dont like it we dont gotta go there , be there, or enjoy thier success while they are there. Keep up the good jobs both coaches and KIDS, have fun....  And Silsbee lets all the way this year...

[/quote

Well personally i think theres NO DOUBT that coach sutherland is the best coach in this area and if the parents wanna get mad about it then let them.... theres a reason they're not coaching this team and its ignorant comments like those lazeek posted that make me upset, all the success he's had here and they want to throw him under the bus when he cant win EVERY game.. it just doesnt make sense... two years ago these are the same ppl that were praising him after the state championship and now that were 32 and 6 thats somehow not good enough??   ??? ???

Guest stevenash

Where is Dicky V on this?

I wish there were more people that thought the same way that you do!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa02
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa02