state bound?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to see HJ bring another one home but if not them, Silsbee or Cleveland.

4a...How has Ozen been doing this year?

not like they used to or at least one person in this thread would have at least mentioned them but they got no chance

I wasnt so sure about them after they lost their coach not too long ago.

Guest tigersvoice

silsbee wont go to state because of a team called navasota......

OK, Finest - let's develop a little wager.  I'll take Silsbee's chances of getting to the big show against Ozen's chances of making it this year for WHATEVER you want to wager.  Let me know what's at stake.

as bad as this sounds i think Anahuac and Ktz will not play for seeding and flip a coin. Hopefully my lions get 2nd Seed yes i said they get the 2nd Seed looking at the bracket this how it would play out

1st Seed

1st round  Bye

2nd round  New Waverly

3rd Round    Arp(i'm not sure about this one tho.)

2nd Seed 

1st Round  3rd place team out of weak District

2nd Round  Newtonn...

3rd Round    Houston Jackson or winner out of 24 2a

4th Round  Gladwater Sabine =  overrated...

The answer to this question is Silsbee.  If and when they get 1st place, they will have an easier road out of the region on the bottom half of the bracket because the top half is loaded.  The 2nd place team in 21-3A will likely play easy game/1st round Navasota/2nd round, Cleveland/3rd round, then Crockett/Center/4th round to get to the regional finals.  Silsbee gets bye in 1st round, Cameron Yoe in 2nd round, WOS/OF/Coldspring/ 3rd round, then Mexia/Tatum/Chapel Hill/Hudson/ 4th round.  I'd much rather have Silsbee's road. 

The region isnt extremely tough for Big Sandy to get through, but there will be a few huge hurdles for them to get through.  The main one on the bottom half is Cayuga.  Cayuga from what i've heard and the scores i've seen is really really good.  They've been #1 all season and have been blowing everyone out in their district, which isnt that bad of a district.  If Big Sandy manages to somehow get through Cayuga, they will have to beat Avery possibly in the regional semis, then they will have another tough game with either Martins Mill or Tenaha. 

I think the 2A region is too loaded for Kountze or Anahuac to get through.  The 1 seed would have to play San Augustine/New Waverly/Arp to get to the regional finals and the 2 seed would have to get through Newton and Sabine.  I just dont think either team is good enough to pull that off this year.  I actually think Newton has the best chance between Newton, Kountze and Anahuac.

I dont anything about Ozens region at all but it seems like they're a little down this year by their standards and are playing competitive games in the district. 

So if i had to handicap it, i'd say Silsbee has the best shot, then a big dropoff, and then Big Sandy, Newton, Kountze/Anahuac, HJ are pretty close after that.

let me first say that ozen is a state bound team. there is not a team in this region that will have the size, speed, quicks, and basketball savy ozen has. the team has quietly lost only one game since coach boutte left. the team has rallied around coach saveat and the staff. this team has beaten every team in this area you are mentioning. i guess ozen is a well kept secret. keep it that way. just meet us in austin, because we are playing the best as of right now.

THats a very good assesment nikes.  How good is San Augustine?  From what I've seen they lost a couple of big games, at home at that.  What kind of team are they?  How would they match up with experienced teams such as Arp and New Waverly whose kids stood on the state floor last year.  What do you know about New Waverly?

THats a very good assesment nikes.  How good is San Augustine?  From what I've seen they lost a couple of big games, at home at that.   What kind of team are they?  How would they match up with experienced teams such as Arp and New Waverly whose kids stood on the state floor last year.  What do you know about New Waverly?

What I know about New Waverly other than the fact that they are ranked #1 in state is they gave my Silsbee Tigers a very good game, losing to them 67-60 after really only having one good practice together as a team. NW had just finished football the weekend before they played Silsbee. The very next game for New Waverly, which was the same day by the way, they beat Kountze by 8, 65-57.

I would think that New Waverly is playing much better now, than they were then.

It doesn't matter who plays who, playoffs is all about individual team matchups.

That is why anything can happen.  I look at the two roads in 3A and they both look difficult.

You are going to have to beat the good ones eventually.  Choosing Cameron, Coldspring, WOS/OF, Tatum, CH, Mexia, or Hudson over Navasota, Cleveland, or Crockett is like splitting hairs.

Anyone you play from the second round on in this region is capable of winning and advancing.

HJ had the tougher road the last two years to the regional finals, one year they won and one year they didn't. 

Playoffs are about matchups.

let me first say that ozen is a state bound team. there is not a team in this region that will have the size, speed, quicks, and basketball savy ozen has. the team has quietly lost only one game since coach boutte left. the team has rallied around coach saveat and the staff. this team has beaten every team in this area you are mentioning. i guess ozen is a well kept secret. keep it that way. just meet us in austin, because we are playing the best as of right now.

No.

You know the more that I read this the more that I laugh.......yes Ozen has lost one game.  Yes they have beaten everyone in district.......a WEAK district at that!!!!  Yes Central, Livingston and Nederland and good teams for this area, but none of which will make it to Regionals much less state.  I will also make the prediction that Ozen will lose another district game and some other team in the district will make it farther in the playoffs than Ozen.  Ozen is overrated this season.

i agree ozen is under achieving this year i don't know if it was the loss of their leader or the attitude of the players but i believe that they are just as talented as they were last year of even the year before when they made it to state but they don't seem to have that killer instict like years past

that sound like a challenge. ozen will make it to regional and more. wheatley, yates, or jones will play each other knocking one of them out before we play one of them. it is all about matchup. we have the personel to beat every team we play as long as we play our game. remember the dynasty will continue for all the haters out there. our district is alot stronger than many of you will think. there is no district in setx that can beat our district as long as you go with the top half. bet the left or right acorn on that!

as bad as this sounds i think Anahuac and Ktz will not play for seeding and flip a coin. Hopefully my lions get 2nd Seed yes i said they get the 2nd Seed looking at the bracket this how it would play out

1st Seed

1st round  Bye

2nd round   New Waverly (probably SA)

3rd Round    Arp(i'm not sure about this one tho.) New Waverly

4th Round White Oak

2nd Seed   

1st Round   3rd place team out of weak District

2nd Round   Newtonn...

3rd Round    Houston Jackson or winner out of 24 2a

4th Round   Gladwater Sabine =  overrated...  *****Keep thinking that!!!!  ;)

Wrong about a few things highlighted:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder