state bound?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol idk about Kountze.... Itd be nice, but we have some tough teams in our region....

Throw the rankings and records out the door! The only tough team I see standing in Kountze's way is New Waverly. If they can get pass them they'll be okay. I'm extremely amazed at the type of basketball the Lion team is playing NOW vs. early on in the season. I may be the only optimistic Lion fan who thinks they have a shot.

I'm not sure we have a legitimate state playoff team in the area this year.Probably the club with the best shot would be Silsbee.I think Navasota returned several players this year so they would be a threat to the Tigers as would Cleveland.Kountze doesn't have the size or the shooters they have had in past seasons when they went to Austin.I think New Waverly or possibly Anahuac or Newton could beat the Lions before the regional tournament.Big Sandy is well coached but the talent level is down from last year but I don't know much about the other 1-a clubs in the north part of the region.We probably need a response from beeninnikes for that info.I don't see anyone from 1-a having a shot other than Goodrich.

silsbee wont go to state because of a team called navasota......

I have seen Navasota this year. They are not as good as most folks think. Yes they have the big '6"7 300lb post and a couple of good guards but they definetly miss Pratt. He enrolled early at Okie St. and his presence is missed. He was one of the main scoring threats last year, avg. 16 points and 9 boards.

Silsbee would only face Navasota in the regional final, and I like Silsbee's chances head up against Navasota.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476