*UIL Mock Look At What The New Districts Would Look Like/1A Passes!!!!!!!!!!*

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan

AggiesWeAre

It all boils down to if not my kid then whose will be effected by these long rides. West Texas has done it for years and years in all classifications, folks out there might be saying why shouldn't everyone have drive like them?

Well, SETX has to deal with a lot of rain every year. So, should there be domes built at every SETX highschool to perfectly equalize things with dry West TX? Just because West TX has to travel, by necessity, doesn't mean everyone else has to, too. Thats just crazy.

I played football in SE Texas and West Texas.....I can promise you that I would rather play in the rain and humidity of SE Texas than the boiling heat and blistering winds of West Texas...It can be absolutely miserable in West Texas

Point I am making is that there could be no end to making everything "perfectly equal" in every way for everyone.

Especially not when it ends up HURTING students and fans alike to achieve some sort of false Utopian equality.

Besides, underneath its NOT about equality. Its all about $$$.

This is really an interesting plan in which I can agree with and it probably won't go into effect until 2010 with the new alignment so for many to say that Central is getting a bad deal is not true at least  not yet. I'm at 95% sure on next alignment that either PNG, Nederland and Vidor could have the largest enrollment in which Central has a very slight enrollment size over those and it will change in 2010. So this mock plan will only hurt who turn in the highest enrollment.

All I am trying to say is that the system is not now or will not ever be perfect.

Travel time is what it is, something that has to be budgeted into the school budget. Somebody is not happy everytime realignment comes, yet some are excited as a new opportunity comes into focus.

We can debade this until the cows jump over the moon, but in the end the UIL will do what they want to do! You can rail against it until you are blue in the face, but that has been so effective with other unpopular rulings that have come down from "THE OFFICE".

In fact the recently retired director of the UIL spent more than 30 years as the top man at the UIL kind of like Hoover at the FBI and we all know the holds that he had over so many in Washinton.

Just something to think about...

Deweyville to:

Garrison             2 hours 34 minutes    Distance: 139.92 miles

Groveton           2 hours 19 minutes    Distance: 124.59 miles

New Waverly      2 hours 25 minutes    Distance: 124.36 miles

San Augustine    1 hour 49 minutes      Distance: 100.29 miles

Shelbyville         2 hours 10 minutes     Distance: 120.59 miles

This is insanity.  >:(

Thanks for the info, this just doesn't make sense.  What's wrong with the current system?

Man, I feel sorry for the travel budget.....And you know the price of gas is going to go back up....

Guest ECBucFan

Deweyville to:

Thanks for the info, this just doesn't make sense.  What's wrong with the current system?

Man, I feel sorry for the travel budget.....And you know the price of gas is going to go back up....

Gas and TIME going up... fan attendance going DOWN... Zombies in class on Wednesday morning... And the UIL don't give a flip about any of it. So sad.  :'(

Deweyville to:

Gas and TIME going up... fan attendance going DOWN... Zombies in class on Wednesday morning... And the UIL don't give a flip about any of it. So sad.  :'(

It is sad.... :(

Guest ECBucFan

It's only for Football!!!

OK, revision:

Gas and TIME going up... fan attendance going DOWN...  And the UIL don't give a flip about any of it. So sad.  :'(

Dr. B told me there would only be 5 games away.

So Dr. B says there will "only" be 5 away games. What the heck does that mean? That's how it has always been. You play 10 regular season games, 5 at home, 5 away. Do difference than before. Is it just now hitting the Grand Poobah that teams played 5 away games on their respective schedules? ::)

You just keep trying to sell it, Kerry. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami